THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Blackmon

dawgpound3

Jerome Simpson stepped up big in the last couple games. It's about time too, the guy's a second round draft pick. He could be poised to be their next "young" receiver. They also have Quan Cosby, Shipley, and....someone else. Their need for #1 isn't that great in Cin city.

CCU know!

My feeling is we will go D line in the first round.

I think we will switch to a 4-3 making a D lineman a must.

We can forget Rogers. He is a situational player at best. The guy can't stay on the field more than 3-4 plays before he has to suck a tank of oxygen.

Actually your right, if we do switch to a 4-3 our firt 2 or 3 picks BETTER be defense because we have to make up for the fact that on the front 7 we only have maybe 3 starters who could switch over the the 4-3 well (Jackson, Roth, Gocong at DE) Rubin is a great DT... in a 3-4 and considering that Rogers will be 100% health next season... for at most 5 games we will need a top DT to start full time with Rodgers and Rubin switching in and out. Also we need a 4-3 DE, only one if Gocong can possible make the transition back to DE like he played in college because our two starting DE like Rubin are decent 3-4 DE's who won't be able to do shit in a 4-3.

I know we need D help enormously, but you can't tell me the thought of drafting a stud WR and then signing a guy like Santonio wouldn't get you excited. If you listen to almost anyone talking about the league today, they say it has become a QB-dominated league. Without WR's, the only QB's that can hack it are guys like Peyton and Rivers. We need to give Colt the tools necessary to thrive.

The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are gone.

simple, chad ochocinco is gone. that's a simple fact. even if the bengals decide to resign to they will still need a receiver for the future. this will solve this problem.

Let's just say living in Bungleland, I'll disagree. The Bengals like their young WRs, Mike Brown loves Stinko (though 1\2 the fanbase doesn't) and their defense was even worse than the Browns. Anything's possible, but I really got the feeling they'll go D.

My feeling is we will go D line in the first round.

I think we will switch to a 4-3 making a D lineman a must.

We can forget Rogers. He is a situational player at best. The guy can't stay on the field more than 3-4 plays before he has to suck a tank of oxygen.

You're ignoring the fact Holmgren loves offense. I'll defer on the defense-offense debate until we have a coach. If it's Fox, then I totally agree with defense first.

I have Blackmon and Green as 1a and 1b they to me are the two best recievers in this years class, i dont want Julio Jones i perfer ethier Green or Blackmon and i will be satisfied

But i do see Cincy taking A.J. Green just read something where they will not pick up Ocho extension and he will walk as a F/A, and we all know they are not bringing back Owens so i do see them grabbing Green.. So i say ethier we trade back and grab Blackmon or we just take him there because i say by the time the draft comes around and combine and everything is over Blackmon will be there will Green as far as best reciever in this class

Did anyone hear Marvin Lewis on mike & Mike yesterday? He said that Ocho is under contract and that he has heard people talking about there being an option on his contract for next season and he denied that there is any option on Ocho's contract.

Also I personally can not see the Bengals taking a WR ... like someoone said earlier about us taking a CB it would be a luxury much like the Bills taking Spiller this year. The Bengals have a lot of holes (just like us) they have a few bigger needs then a WR. I also don't think CB is really a luxury for us. We can use another very good corner ... I think it could wait until round 2/3 though.

With our first rounder I just don't want to see us settle for a WR because we need a WR so badly. I want to see us grab the best player available at LB/Dl/WR ... If they don't feel the pick we have warrent who they want to pick there I love the idea of moving around the draft to get many more picks especially another second rounder or 2 :-)

Archived