THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini A Real Class Act!

ITHIKA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not been contradicted - Holmgren knows more about building a winner than Mangini. Period. End of story.

I thought your point was mangini didn't get fired based on W and L. You provided evidence to the contrary. Now we're talking holmgren is a better 'turnerarounder'? Hope he is. If not we just got rid of the one guy actually HAD started to do just that!

I thought your point was mangini didn't get fired based on W and L. You provided evidence to the contrary.

Jesus H Christ I am debating with 4 year olds. He did not get fired solely for his record. I didn't say that happened. Holmgren didn't say this happened. And if you want to believe he was fired for the record, fine. I give two shits. We are better off now because of Eric Mangini than we were before he came here, that is a fact. I am supposed to feel bad about the next guy getting a better opportunity than Eric??? WTF?

I am a xxxx**g Browns fan, not some clique attached to one side of the organization vs the other. I want to win. Period. You don't think Holmgren made the right decision? I give a fu*K. Welcome to 40% of the fan base pal.

My team is directed by Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert -- two winners in this league, who have been part of the same circle of influence their entire careers - the WCO. Welcome it, embrace it, or bitch about it, I don't care what you do.

But I am not going to fight fellow Browns fans that Holmgren knows more than Mangini -- it is a fact that is clear as the day is long, and any argument or debate otherwise is worthless since Holmgren actually has the history of doing IT. You know, this isn't some dream or hypothetical - he has done it before -- TWICE!!!

Not only does his system WORK, it WORKED in two cities that before he got there were shitty, just like our Browns are now and have been for 11 seasons. You want to spend energy telling me Mangini should have stayed, go ahead. But I will throw my chips in with the guy who ACTUALLY did turn around teams.

And don't even tell me Mangini picked all those players in New York, either. I saw his draft class in 2009 - not impressive.

In 3 years with the Jets he drafted Keller, Revis, David Harris, Ferguson, Mangold, Brad Smith, and Leon Washington. He missed on Gholston (who everyone was in love with) and Clemens. That is pretty solid.

In 3 years with the Jets he drafted Keller, Revis, David Harris, Ferguson, Mangold, Brad Smith, and Leon Washington. He missed on Gholston (who everyone was in love with) and Clemens. That is pretty solid.

He was not the GM in New York, but he was doing the drafting in Cleveland in 2009. Do you see any resemblance to the players he took in Cleveland, and the players Tannenbaum took in New York?

No I don't either.

I like Eric Mangini, and he did us a solid. I am sure it is going to take a while for us to move on from this, but I don't like Baseball or Basketball anyway.

Jesus H Christ I am debating with 4 year olds. He did not get fired solely for his record. I didn't say that happened. Holmgren didn't say this happened. And if you want to believe he was fired for the record, fine. I give two shits. We are better off now because of Eric Mangini than we were before he came here, that is a fact. I am supposed to feel bad about the next guy getting a better opportunity than Eric??? WTF?

I am a xxxx**g Browns fan, not some clique attached to one side of the organization vs the other. I want to win. Period. You don't think Holmgren made the right decision? I give a fu*K. Welcome to 40% of the fan base pal.

My team is directed by Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert -- two winners in this league, who have been part of the same circle of influence their entire careers - the WCO. Welcome it, embrace it, or bitch about it, I don't care what you do.

But I am not going to fight fellow Browns fans that Holmgren knows more than Mangini -- it is a fact that is clear as the day is long, and any argument or debate otherwise is worthless since Holmgren actually has the history of doing IT. You know, this isn't some dream or hypothetical - he has done it before -- TWICE!!!

Not only does his system WORK, it WORKED in two cities that before he got there were shitty, just like our Browns are now and have been for 11 seasons. You want to spend energy telling me Mangini should have stayed, go ahead. But I will throw my chips in with the guy who ACTUALLY did turn around teams.

Here's a cheat sheet for ya-no one gives 2 shits that you don't give 2 shits. I stated earlier I was behind holmgren and heckert. Heckert has pulled his weight.......waiting to see the walrus does before I give him the same props. 3 SBs plus 2 turned around teams as a coach doesn't automatically add up to a great president. Sorry doesn't work like that. Fundamentally we are similar as fans, I just don't get enamored by the big names. Hes a great coach to me nothing more yet. Good luck with your SPECULATING. I'll be fine if I'm wrong, but we'll all be xxxxed if your wrong.

2 years is quite adequate time to evaluate a HC and determine if he has a system geared at advancing your team..

Mangini had a great foundation system in place however in the nfl foundations have to flourish basically overnight into full blown winning programs and mangini showed no signs of being able to make the moves into the next phase with his way over conservative untrusting approach and his bad inconsistent decision making in general...

I hope i am wrong but i cant see mangini ever successfully being a HC in the nfl other than setting up foundations for teams under a 1 or 2 year contract...

I have not been contradicted - Holmgren knows more about building a winner than Mangini. Period. End of story.

The fans of the Cleveland Browns thank you for choosing to post on the The Browns Board in lieu of other team's boards. Your support of Cleveland and this board is appreciated. Go Browns!

don't look behind the curtain of the all powerful football ozz.douche. go turd tickle little joe you cartwright fag!

Archived