THE BROWNS BOARD

Baltimore-Pittsburgh

RavensFan1996

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not going to disagree, this game concerns me. Pissburgh has had the extra week of rest, and yes, we haven't been able to get over the hump against Rapistberger. But this is the NFL, and your next game is never predicated on the last game, or the game before that. This Saturday is a chance for the Ravens to get past this bump in the road known as the Steelers. And if you think the Rooney's voted against Modell because they wanted "continuity", you are sadly mistaken.

If it's not continuity then what was it? Enlighten me.

I can't stand either team...but like someone else said...I have a t shirt that reads I hate the Steelers. I hate the way things went down and how the team ended up in Baltimore and if any of those assclowns from the old aol board were here, I'd probably hate the Ravens as much as the Steelers but since I'm sick and tired of the asswipe pisspuke squeeler fans who are here day in and day out.....ahh..screw it..i'm not rooting for either team..i hope the game last for 6 hours and whoever wins gets the crap kicked out of it by New England the next week.

I'm rooting for the Packers or the Bears to win the super bowl.

its indicative enough that after baltimore lost their team, they had no problem stealing another citys team. i mean....come on....i have no sympathy for the criminals.

but i dont wann have to deal with steeler fans moving on....but i enjoy it more when they lose to the pats.

no...my point is that I hate the Steelers and I hate idiots like you who spend their time here. You assclowns really do have an inferiority complex...you can't live without our approval and it pisses you off that we still hate you no matter what happens. I can't imagine ever spending time on Steelers message board and certainly not in the week before a playoff game looking to see what fans of other teams are saying about my team. I hate the Steelers..I hate the Bengals and I hate the Ravens...I can't stand any of you...the difference is only gay steeler fans seem to need to hang out here to gain acceptance. Why else would you idiots be so offended when Zombo picks against you bozos every single week?

Pittsburg is going to win. They are

- Well rested

- Home Field Advantage

- No critical injuries

- Have a better balanced offense. You guys have big name players in offense but I dont think that necessarily means that you have the better offense. Defense is still anyone's game.

Good luck in the playoffs.

I hope Baltimore annihilates the Steelers! I wouldn't root for Pittsburgh if they were playing against Hitler.

That really made me laugh! I would thank you several times if the site would let me.

You should really stick to your class mates and have lots of fun with paste but never, never, touch scissors!

Formerly pretending to be Smart translation:

"I wish I had a great board to go to that featured my team. I wish Marko hadn't called me "Dicknose" because the truth hurts."

I wouldn't help a Stooler fan that just got ran over by a car and was writhing in the middle of the street in pain. Baltimore fans I have no problem with. Im going to have to root for Baltimore this week and honestly there is no reason why they can't win.

Empathy for Baltimore?

I probably over analyzed this but here goes nothing. The Ravens were once the Cleveland Browns, their bastard owner relocated them, yet football returned to the shores of Lake Erie. Now that the stench of Modell is gone AND that Baltimore did let you keep your name, history, and colors, do you find this fan base --dare I say-- connecting with Baltimore's fan base on some level?

Losing a football team is never easy and I know Cleveland hated it but since you only waited 3 years (compared to Baltimore's 12) and that Baltimore had their heart broken once as well, is there a begrudging yet mutual respect and understanding between Cleveland and Baltimore? After all, they understood your pain

Please refrain from posting disparaging remarks, I only posed this question due to the remarks of the group members dealing with the upcoming playoff match up between the Ravens and Steelers.

Nope, it was soulless Art Modell who (wrongly) thought he could keep the team in the family by taking the Baltimore bribe (which wasn't offered by Baltimore fans) instead of doing the honorable thing and selling the team to Al Lerhner then and there. Lord knows, Al had the money.

Lerner WAS the Baltimore connection. He set up the deal.

Empathy for Baltimore?

I probably over analyzed this but here goes nothing. The Ravens were once the Cleveland Browns, their bastard owner relocated them, yet football returned to the shores of Lake Erie. Now that the stench of Modell is gone AND that Baltimore did let you keep your name, history, and colors, do you find this fan base --dare I say-- connecting with Baltimore's fan base on some level?

Losing a football team is never easy and I know Cleveland hated it but since you only waited 3 years (compared to Baltimore's 12) and that Baltimore had their heart broken once as well, is there a begrudging yet mutual respect and understanding between Cleveland and Baltimore? After all, they understood your pain

Please refrain from posting disparaging remarks, I only posed this question due to the remarks of the group members dealing with the upcoming playoff match up between the Ravens and Steelers.

Ok ill take a stab at it, and im only speaking for myself here.

I don't hate Baltimore. Their fans had nothing to do with Art taking the team to their city, and if the tables were reversed we Clevelanders would give two sh*** and embrace any team that came to our city irregardless of where they came from.

And to take it one step further, I think that most Cleveland Browns fans are so utterly blinded and filled with hate for the Pittsburgh Steelers that hating anyone else as much or even approaching to hate ANY team as much will fall comparatively short.

I'll be the first to admit it, too. I think most Browns fans are jealous of the Steeler organization (though not many fans will admit it.) We hate that we can't beat you, we hate that you own us since we've came back, and every time you guys beat us it makes the hate that much more deep and intense. That's the truth.

Hating the Ravens just doesn't have the history or meaningful games behind it to produce any form of true hatred like we have for the Steelers. When that time comes, I think even still we will hate Pittsburgh more. It's just in our blood.

Show some respect, it's spelled P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G-H. Not any other name you put in front of the "burgh" part.

As for the "Rapistberger" comment...okay, you can have that one ;)

Pittsburgh

Pissburgh

Shittsburgh

Pittsboig

Peetown

The Big Pussy.

We will call it whatever we damn well please.

Empathy for Baltimore?

I probably over analyzed this but here goes nothing. The Ravens were once the Cleveland Browns,

You see, this is why Steeler fans get no respect here. You are completely uninformed. The Ravens were NEVER once the Cleveland Browns. The Browns franchise was retained right here....it was just inactive for a few years. A new Ravens franchise was created in Baltimore. The only thing that happened is that a few parts that used to be in Cleveland were moved to Baltimore.

That would be like saying that because a few boxes of napkins were borrowed by the Burger King franchise from the McDonald's across the street that the Burger King is now a McDonald's.

their bastard owner relocated them, yet football returned to the shores of Lake Erie. Now that the stench of Modell is gone AND that Baltimore did let you keep your name, history, and colors, do you find this fan base --dare I say-- connecting with Baltimore's fan base on some level?

Baltimore didn't "let" us keep anything. Through a legal settlement, Cleveland "let" the new Baltimore franchise have those few parts.

I don't intend my remarks to be disparaging.....I intend them to be factually instructive to you.

I would only become disparaging if you fail to accept the truth of the facts.

Empathy for Baltimore?

You hit the nail on the head. Baltimore and Cleveland football fans have ALOT in common. They both share a proud history of football tradition, with franchises and players who helped make the NFL what it is today. The Hall of Fame is filled with players from Baltimore and Cleveland, even though the Hall continues to do us the ultimate injustice by placing the history of the Baltimore Colts under that of Indianapolis in Canton. Both cities lost their teams to greedy owners who completely mismanaged their respective franchises, in different ways of course. Irsay, from the mid-70's alienated everyone in the organization, its players, fans, even the city government. Modell completely mishandled the finances and got himself into the jam that led him to move the team. The one difference, was that the fans never turned on the team in Cleveland the way it did in Baltimore. Browns fans continued to sell out the Mistake by the Lake, no matter what was going on in the standings or front office. Either way, both cities had their hearts ripped out. The big difference, was that for 12 years the NFL did everything they could to keep football out of Baltimore, to the point that they gave freakin' Jacksonville an expansion team. Cleveland was promised a team as part of the agreement to let Modell complete the move to Baltimore, which took up residence in 1999.

The fact is, Baltimore and Cleveland fans, not the teams, but the fans, share similar football histories, with a few exceptions here and there. The other thing we have in common is that we both continue to play second fiddle to the Steelers. Yes, the Ravens have had more success against Shitsburgh then Cleveland, but we're only 12-20 in the regular season against them, and we haven't beaten Rottenberger since 2006. That trend has to end. Baltimore football teams are 0-4 against Pitt in the postseason all time. Hell, the Orioles are 0-2 against the Pirates in the postseason for God's sake. So we share a lot of the same feelings towards Pittsburgh, as our Cleveland counterparts for a lot of the same reasons.

That being said, this Saturday represents the best chance the Ravens have of reversing that trend. This is the most talented team we have ever taken into Pittsburgh, and they finally played a complete game against the Chiefs. It's time to get one against these idiots.

Saturday's game will probably be a close one and definitely a physical one but let's look at a little reality.

The Ravens in their last 5 games:

Week 14 against the Texans....they gave up over 500 yards and needed a freak play in overtime to win against a 6-10 team

Week 15 against the Saints.....They beat the Saints in a preview of the Saints collapse

Week 16 against the Browns.....They struggled against the hapless Browns with McCoy throwing three picks!

Week 17 against the Bengals......They gave up over 400 yards and struggled against the hapless Bengals with Palmer throwing two picks!

Last week against the Chiefs......They won in impressive fashion against a pretender who had no idea that "playoff football" is a little different than the regular season.

Ravens fans would say they are peaking, I would say they shot their load last week against a piss poor playoff team simply due to the fact that the Ravens have enough playoff experience to wipe up on a wholly inexperienced team that was not of playoff caliber.

I would say they are peeking.........from the outside!

That being said, we will have to play well Saturday but the Ravens are not the team they were made out to be at the beginning of the season!

OK, so what Steeler team will be showing up? The one that beat Cleveland as they were packing their bags, or the one who were a Steve Johnson pass away from losing to Buffalo. A true football fan would understand that you can never base an upcoming game on the previous week's game. But then again, you're a Steeler fan. You clowns still hang your hats on Terry Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain. Gonna be a good game, but don't base your prediction on what's happened in the past, the NFL just isn't like that....just ask New Orleans.

Art Model moved his team (the Cleveland Browns) from Cleveland to Baltimore. Then they changed the name, and the city of Cleveland was given another team and allowed to call them the Browns.

The Raves took the Browns drafting position following the move.

The reason this happened is because the Browns moved to Balitmore.

People don't like to accept this, but this is what happened. Also, Lerner was the connection. He brokered the deal.

Sorry. Still a Browns fan. Just understand the truth.

Art Model moved his team (the Cleveland Browns) from Cleveland to Baltimore. Then they changed the name, and the city of Cleveland was given another team and allowed to call them the Browns.

The Raves took the Browns drafting position following the move.

The reason this happened is because the Browns moved to Balitmore.

People don't like to accept this, but this is what happened. Also, Lerner was the connection. He brokered the deal.

Sorry. Still a Browns fan. Just understand the truth.

So as you are saying we got screwed again?

I keep reading your posts hoping that the asshaterry will somehow take a back seat to some intelligent discussion, but alas, no such luck!

If you found one Steeler fan who hung his hat on Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain you would be looking at a dead Steeler fan. We hang our hat on the best franchise in all of sports, the best winningest team in the NFL since the merger, the current team of the decade....on and on! You simply can't get any more stupid that that statement!

Are you old enough to be playing hooky from school?

Your statement may just be the epitome of stupid. First off, as much as I hate them, I do believe the New York Yankees are the best franchise in all of sports. When your idiot team was wetting itself from 1933-1969, the Yankees were winning championships. Second, I do believe the New England Patriots were the team of the last decade. You remember them, the Patriots? The team that skull-xxxxed you guys in your own building in Week 10. It was nice to see your "rabid fan base" leave Heinz Field looking half empty midway through the third quarter. Good job. Also, I think your calendar may still be stuck on 2008 because we're into a new decade where your teams hasn't won squat.

If you want to engage in actual football conversation, just let me know. But I'll just assume you want to continue to hide behind your insults.

i understand you guys squabbling over this game but no offense:

why are you doing it on THE BROWNS BOARD?

Because I come on the Browns Board to talk football with fellow football fans. Unfortunately, Squealer fans come here as well. I tried to go to one of their boards to talk about the game, but all they wanted to do was disparage Ed Reed and his missing brother.

Because you guys are funny!

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fxcked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fxckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Archived