THE BROWNS BOARD

Baltimore-Pittsburgh

RavensFan1996

hey man! stop! don't hit 'em!

pleeez. what do you Fs have to complain about? our teams play in what i consider to be the best division in the best game in the world, and consistently you both (ravens and steelers) make it into the post-season and eventually end up playing each other in what most consider to be the most physical game of the playoffs. and the browns and their fans have to sit, wait and watch it. congratulations.

but (like i said before) you might want to take it somewhere else. even though you say you come here to talk football, to us browns' fans it's a slap in our face to do this on OUR forum.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you'll be a asshole about it in the meantime right?

Not at all. Ok, well, maybe a little. But original point was how the Steeler fan base wasn't as "loyal" as most fans like to think. Hey, I remember the opener in Baltimore in 2005 when 20,000 Ravens' fans cheered the Colts injuring Kyle Boller. We all have those within the base, just seems that some fans aren't as quick to admit their own warts.

"Pissing on your team" in the 50s? Son, you really need a history lesson. I personally know a ton of old timers who were there though the bad years, all the way, when it wasn't easy (unlike being a Colts, Browns or Packers fan with all that success). Of course, only the Colts and Packers "built" the NFL, Art Rooney had nothing to do with that huh? Nah. Again, you really need a reality lesson.

I really don't understand a Ravens fans coming onto a Cleveland board looking for hugs. I REALLY don't understand any Brownie fan who would give it to him. But hey, not my call, whatever.

Read my post thoroughly before you comment on it please. I said "your city's TEAM was pissing on themselves." For most Steeler fans, the NFL started in 1970. That was my point. And I have actually gotten mostly positive feed back from Browns fans on this board because I come here to talk football. And considering your last post concerning a certain Ravens game in 1996, your take on history means dick to me.

Cool. We have a ratbird fan arguing with squeeler fan JoeSucksYak on our Brownsboard.

Just a preview of what these two rotten teams will do to each other. Except the ratbirds don't cheapshot

as much as the entire squeeler defense, especially Hairyson and PollyisaGirlieMan. Advantage: squeelers ?

You hit the nail on the head. Baltimore and Cleveland football fans have ALOT in common. They both share a proud history of football tradition, with franchises and players who helped make the NFL what it is today. The Hall of Fame is filled with players from Baltimore and Cleveland, even though the Hall continues to do us the ultimate injustice by placing the history of the Baltimore Colts under that of Indianapolis in Canton. Both cities lost their teams to greedy owners who completely mismanaged their respective franchises, in different ways of course. Irsay, from the mid-70's alienated everyone in the organization, its players, fans, even the city government. Modell completely mishandled the finances and got himself into the jam that led him to move the team. The one difference, was that the fans never turned on the team in Cleveland the way it did in Baltimore. Browns fans continued to sell out the Mistake by the Lake, no matter what was going on in the standings or front office. Either way, both cities had their hearts ripped out. The big difference, was that for 12 years the NFL did everything they could to keep football out of Baltimore, to the point that they gave freakin' Jacksonville an expansion team. Cleveland was promised a team as part of the agreement to let Modell complete the move to Baltimore, which took up residence in 1999.

The fact is, Baltimore and Cleveland fans, not the teams, but the fans, share similar football histories, with a few exceptions here and there. The other thing we have in common is that we both continue to play second fiddle to the Steelers. Yes, the Ravens have had more success against Shitsburgh then Cleveland, but we're only 12-20 in the regular season against them, and we haven't beaten Rottenberger since 2006. That trend has to end. Baltimore football teams are 0-4 against Pitt in the postseason all time. Hell, the Orioles are 0-2 against the Pirates in the postseason for God's sake. So we share a lot of the same feelings towards Pittsburgh, as our Cleveland counterparts for a lot of the same reasons.

That being said, this Saturday represents the best chance the Ravens have of reversing that trend. This is the most talented team we have ever taken into Pittsburgh, and they finally played a complete game against the Chiefs. It's time to get one against these idiots.

When i saw that a Ravens fan had posted , i thought "here we go ", But after reading your post , you do make a lot of sense ,Baltimore & Cleveland are very much alike, and i genuinely feel sorry for Baltimore fans who had their team whisked away to Indy but........to me personally, Baltimore's the City that took 'my' team out of Cleveland for 4 yrs .,and i just cant root for the Ravens....Im sorry . thats just the way i feel

There ya go, Ravens boy.

Remember Cleveland, that Lombardi up in Baltimore should be sitting in your case right now. That's fact.

But keep on admiring your "sister city" if you wish.

No, truly, we don't see it that way. We know it is the whole butterfly effect in operation. It is not a given that if Modell had never attempted to move that it would have been the Browns winning that title. There are just too many "What ifs" to really think like that.

This is not to exonerate Baltimore or their fans or Modell or the cast of idiots involved in that venture, but we really don't sit around thinking "that should have been ours".

No, truly, we don't see it that way. We know it is the whole butterfly effect in operation. It is not a given that if Modell had never attempted to move that it would have been the Browns winning that title. There are just too many "What ifs" to really think like that.

This is not to exonerate Baltimore or their fans or Modell or the cast of idiots involved in that venture, but we really don't sit around thinking "that should have been ours".

HEY! Did the Browns move?

(let me remove the antaginzer persona for a second, I love the Sound of Thunder reference)

HEY! Did the Browns move?

No

(let me remove the antaginzer persona for a second, I love the Sound of Thunder reference)

If I made a Sound of Thunder reference, it was totally inadvertent. Wasn't Sound of Thunder that Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman NASCAR movie?

I take your point. That defense was so good in 2000, though, there's a good chance that team wins it all in whatever town it's located. Best to move on and support the team you have now. Nor am I suggesting you do anything else.

For that Ravens visitor though, remember, while Baltimore was working to take Cleveland's team, Dan Rooney was voting against it. And working to bring back football to Cleveland. I think Baltimore boy should keep that in mind before he tries to brag about his warm feelings and sympathy for Cleveland.

I guess if we wanted to engage in "What Ifs" What if Modell had appointed Ozzie Newsome to run his franchise a couple of years before he decided to "move", and what if you had the combination of Newsome and Bill Belichick operating the Browns together?

That is what we could have had I guess. Two of the current best operators in the NFL working together.

Not even that however could have probably saved Modell from his own financial ineptitude.

I bet she just bought that shirt a week ago to. For some reason all the squeeler gear looks used even though it's still sitting on the rack at K-Mart. I wonder why that is?

Now post up the actual chick. You guys also need a picture overhaul. The same ones with the same awful photochops aren't cutting it anymore.

Now post up the actual chick. You guys also need a picture overhaul. The same ones with the same awful photochops aren't cutting it anymore.

HomoTrons new girl

5375_2688_scary-cross-dresser.jpg

I believe all the girls in pittsburgh dress like this.

"Pissing on your team" in the 50s? Son, you really need a history lesson. I personally know a ton of old timers who were there though the bad years, all the way, when it wasn't easy (unlike being a Colts, Browns or Packers fan with all that success). Of course, only the Colts and Packers "built" the NFL, Art Rooney had nothing to do with that huh? Nah. Again, you really need a reality lesson.

I really don't understand a Ravens fans coming onto a Cleveland board looking for hugs. I REALLY don't understand any Brownie fan who would give it to him. But hey, not my call, whatever.

Well Joe look at it like this- you have a huge game today- and your flaming with a RAVENS fan, on a BROWNS board. So maybe it's why your name got changed (and not by me).

And I'll just say this- with 15 years of perspective, the blame doesn't so much lay on the football fans of Baltimore or the state of Maryland- It lies solely on the shoulders of one Arthur B Modell- you know- the jackass who managed to bankrupt a gold mine. The turd who thought by taking Maryland's bribe he could pass the team down to his cigar chompin' kid. And spread some of that blame around to the NFL- like realistically, who deserved an expansion franchise more Baltimore, or Jacksonville? Yeah that's the same Jaguars that I'll put a C note on won't be playing in Florida 10 years hence.

When are you guys going to realize that this is not a Browns board, it's a Steeler hate board!

You all deny it but it's plain as plain can be!

1. The most active threads are always about the Steelers or their fans!

2. The owners and mods delete posts which speak truth about the Browns organization!

3. The owners and mods change posts written by Steeler fans!

4. The owners and mods change the user name of Steeler fans!

5. Young, uneducated (football education) Browns fans are encouraged to spew Steeler hatred and believe in a Browns history that hasn't existed for nearly 50 years!

This is a Steeler hate board, plain and simple!

Ya know the mods really need to make it so that anytime the cuss word steeler/steelers/steeler's is detected on the board it changes to stoolers or something else appropriate like morons or inbreeds..

The very essence of the name is repulsive and vulgar..

what you guys are missing is 2 simple facts.

#1. i'm NOT saying Steeler fans are better than browns fans.

i'm saying that contrary to eveyone elses opinion on this board, you guys are NO BETTER THAN Steeler fans.

u used to at least claim the highground with "well, we may have a crap-ass team, but at least we stick with them through thick and thin."..............never again.

#2. did the Steelers leave during the pats game? yeah. do i have any explanation for it other than it WAS the pats with brady and it was getting LATE into the 3rd qtr (not the end of 2nd qtr as in your exodus) before some fans started mailing it in. do i agree with them? no. do i understand why they didn't feel like sitting there and watching the inevitable? yeah......but i would have.

what you've ALL missed in your mad ramblings to defend yourselves is that i'm not saying we're better than you.

i'm saying you can no longer say you're somehow better than us.

what you guys are missing is 2 simple facts.

#1. i'm NOT saying Steeler fans are better than browns fans.

i'm saying that contrary to eveyone elses opinion on this board, you guys are NO BETTER THAN Steeler fans.

u used to at least claim the highground with "well, we may have a crap-ass team, but at least we stick with them through thick and thin."..............never again.

#2. did the Steelers leave during the pats game? yeah. do i have any explanation for it other than it WAS the pats with brady and it was getting LATE into the 3rd qtr (not the end of 2nd qtr as in your exodus) before some fans started mailing it in. do i agree with them? no. do i understand why they didn't feel like sitting there and watching the inevitable? yeah......but i would have.

what you've ALL missed in your mad ramblings to defend yourselves is that i'm not saying we're better than you.

i'm saying you can no longer say you're somehow better than us.

Ask yo mama who da best is as she slobs my knob...............then again it's rude to talk with your mouth full................FOAD

Ask yo mama who da best is as she slobs my knob...............then again it's rude to talk with your mouth full................FOAD

For the love of all things...

THIS crap is why I'm convinced half of the posters here are either 13 or giant man-children. That's the best you can come up with. I think you're 7th grade friends are waiting for you on X-box live, nobody can teabag those dead Halo characters better than you. And your brilliant wit is sorely missed...

Archived