THE BROWNS BOARD

2011 Mock Drafts

shepwrite

Washington Post mock, we take Julio Jones.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats...essary_201.html

I see the Broncos, Bills, and Bengals all going defense. The X factor is what Carolina will do with the #1 pick. Green is a rare talent for sure, but Clausen flat-out sucks. Problem is Cam Newton is not #1 overall material. Frankly in the Championship game, he looked like a much better version of Aaron Pryor. Kid's got the arm and athletic ability, but does he have the smarts? Anyone can look great if they have all day to throw, and CN won't have that luxury in the pros- is he Michael Vick, or Jamarcus Russell?

I could see us taking Jones, but not at #6.

And I don't project Mallett making the top 10, much less the top 20.

Julio Jones is NOT a top-6 talent. Friends don't let friends read the Washington Post.

The choice has to be between Dareus or Quinn, whichever one Arizona doesn't take. Sure, keep up the pipe dream: If AJ Green is available, we take him.. but that won't happen.

Excatly hes not top 10 talent but why not trade back and grab him or say Blackmon while still picking up additional picks thats the smartest move we could make...Robert Quinn hasnt played in a full season and Dareus is a risk pick due to production consitincy...So whats the logic move trade back because Green most likely wont be there and take Jones or Blackmon...Grab a playmaking Pass Rusher with are 2nd round choice there will be plenty there that wont have the gamble as picking one at the #6 overall selection

Browns History of selections in case you've forgotten

WRs/TEs drafted by Cleveland since rejoining 1999

Bryalon Edwards- Clearly not worth the #3 overall selection knew this at the time but we did it anyways still hes making for NYJ still right now

Kellen Winslow Jr-Knee problems here in Cleveland never played up to potential has had a decent career while still being productive for TB

D Lineman/Pass Russers Drafted by Cleveland

Courtney Brown-Ouch

Gerald Warren- Damn aint it sad

Kameron Wimberly- Decent Production for Oakland but got the boot from Cleveland because we didnt want him

Which route would you perfer?

Jones is already top 15... I wouldn't draw any conclusions about where he lands just yet. A good workout and a nice 40 with that size? All of a sudden he's the gotta-have-him guy. Floyd's gonna rise like crazy, too.

It's really early. A few playmakers always rise late. We've already got our DL (Bowers, Fairley, Dareus) and corners (Peterson and the Prince)... and the passrusher (Quinn)... but aside from Green, the guys who score points are TBD. Gabbert, Newton, and Mallett will fight it out but almost certainly one ends up in the top five. Gabbert has the size, athleticism, NFL arm, and quick release, so don't be shocked if he continues his rise.

Between Jones, Floyd, Baldwin, and Blackmon (if he comes out), one will land squarely in the top 10 soon... plenty high to go #6 to a receiver starved team.

Browns History of selections in case you've forgotten

WRs/TEs drafted by Cleveland since rejoining 1999

Bryalon Edwards- Clearly not worth the #3 overall selection knew this at the time but we did it anyways still hes making for NYJ still right now

Kellen Winslow Jr-Knee problems here in Cleveland never played up to potential has had a decent career while still being productive for TB

D Lineman/Pass Russers Drafted by Cleveland

Courtney Brown-Ouch

Gerald Warren- Damn aint it sad

Kameron Wimberly- Decent Production for Oakland but got the boot from Cleveland because we didnt want him

Which route would you perfer?

Maybe then we should draft an offensive lineman? We have done fairly well there: Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.

I see the Broncos, Bills, and Bengals all going defense. The X factor is what Carolina will do with the #1 pick. Green is a rare talent for sure, but Clausen flat-out sucks. Problem is Cam Newton is not #1 overall material. Frankly in the Championship game, he looked like a much better version of Aaron Pryor. Kid's got the arm and athletic ability, but does he have the smarts? Anyone can look great if they have all day to throw, and CN won't have that luxury in the pros- is he Michael Vick, or Jamarcus Russell?

I could see us taking Jones, but not at #6.

And I don't project Mallett making the top 10, much less the top 20.

That is why I see Carolina trading down a bit, and whoever moves up probably isn't making the move for Green. My thinking says they are looking for a Fairly.

With him off the board, one of the teams like Cincy who on paper are looking for D help end up taking Green.

If the Bengals don't take Cam Newton I'll be shocked. He is the ultimate Mike Brown pick (one year starter, Heisman winner, gimmick offense, history of maturity problems).

Archived