THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Fairley

Squintz

Did anyone else see this kid last night? All I can say is WOW.

Rarely do you see a player literally take over a game single-handedly on so many plays.

If he were a projected top 10 pick before last night's game, I'd say he has to be considered top 3 now.

I'd love to see him as a Brown but I'm sure he'll be gone by 6.

Yeah he was in beast mode last night but as previously stated hes gonna be gone before we even have a chance at him, Suh is also a cheap bastard but look at the season hes having wouldnt mind having him...If Carolina dosent take him Denver or Buffalo will....Bowers will be the next gone

1.Carolina-Bowers or Fairley pick depending how high Fairley stock goes up

or Green with the surprize pick

2.Denver-Patrick Peterson

3.Buffalo-Fairley or Bowers who ever is left over

4.Cinncy-A.J. Green to much value not to take him Ocho is getting old and shipley is a slot reciever

5.Arizona-Cam Newton/Blaine Gillbert- or any D player Marceus Dareus maybe this is a Wildcard pick

6.Cleveland-Trade back and get Blackmon or Jones they both wont be gone by the mid first round smartest play we could make, if not they grab Dareus prolly if hes available who im not sold on had a bad year this year compared to last years

Did anyone else see this kid last night? All I can say is WOW.

Rarely do you see a player literally take over a game single-handedly on so many plays.

If he were a projected top 10 pick before last night's game, I'd say he has to be considered top 3 now.

I'd love to see him as a Brown but I'm sure he'll be gone by 6.

Yeah, he'll probly go 6th, right behind Snotzenbooger, that "great" OSU WR.

Fairly is a cheap bastard. So was 45 who stomped on that Oregon player on kickoff. I also hate Cam Newton and I can't wait until the finally say he was actually quality and strip him of the Heisman and strip the team on the national championship.

Except the NCAA has already ruled that he was eligible to play, so I doubt they will reverse that ruling.

If Bowers, Dareus, and Fairley all go top five, we really just need two from QB, corner, and Quinn to get picked so we get Green. It's a fairly realistic scenario. It could easily go the other way, too... but it's possible.

Do you think perhaps we should stay away from 1st round draft picks named "Quinn"?

He does love to take cheap shots, but it's undeniable that he has talent. I just wonder if he would be a priority for the Browns over someone who plays DE instead of DT.

Fairly is a cheap bastard. So was 45 who stomped on that Oregon player on kickoff. I also hate Cam Newton and I can't wait until the finally say he was actually quality and strip him of the Heisman and strip the team on the national championship.

We don't need to worry about Fairly- he'll be long gone by the time the Browns pick. I've said it elsewhere, I don't see the Broncos taking a CB @ #2 when they were dead last in the league in sacks. Fairly goes no farther.

Regarding Auburn's #45, go re watch the tape- I'm about 99% certain that was a retaliation move- the Oregon player kicked him first.

the main thing we seem to forget is that the bengals pick ahead of us. if anyone is going to want this thug it's them.

The Bengal's D was terrible- that's why my SW Ohio opinion is they'll take Best Defensive player available over a WR in the first round. Plus- they liked the way Caldwell and Simpson played the last couple of games- AND the Bengals have done extremely well drafting WRs in the second round like Stinko himself.

I don't seen the Broncos taking a CB @ #2 when they were dead last in the league in sacks. Fairly goes no farther.

Getting Elvis Dumervil back will help alot, 17 sacks last year. I agree though, they need to bring a young guy in. There D-line might be older than ours, then again

Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins are up there to. I know there's rumor's about Fairly not being very mature, is that a guy they want to make the highest paid

player on their team? Weather there's truth to the rumors or not, look what happened to Dez Bryant last year. Maybe Tebow can rub off on him though.

He does love to take cheap shots, but it's undeniable that he has talent. I just wonder if he would be a priority for the Browns over someone who plays DE instead of DT.

I love Fairly.

IMO that is exactly what this D needs...someone who is going to SLAM Steelers to the ground and maybe even pop someone in the mouth from time to time.

If I was a defensive coordinator, I would accuse my players of playing sissy ball if the D didn't get at least 1 roughing/ unsportsman penalty before the half....and I mean a real one, not some trumped up call by the officials.

If you are going to get called for hitting a QB, you might as well cream the guy.

After the half you need to calm down a bit so you don't hurt your chances.

I'd love Fairly on this team. The Browns have been cream puffs on D long enough.

I want that to end .

That "cheap shot" bothered me too, but maybe a little NASTY streak is needed here in Brown's Town. That stuff can be tempered without defeating the "go for the jugular" mentality. QBs would sure start hearing footsteps!

I wouldn't complain if he ended up here.

Mike

Archived