THE BROWNS BOARD

All but 1 assistant let go. Ryan pissed.

cddbrowns

I do not know who the 1 assistant who may be retained... Ryan is fuming, he expected a chance at the HC gig let alone being fired.

He has been right so far with dates and info, until he is wrong, I am taking it partially serious at least.

From the same guy. Shurmur being hired and John Fox contacted to be the DC. I don't need to reveal who my sources. My track record proves I'm correct more than not. Naming names is not cool. Consider me a reliable source .

I do not know who the 1 assistant who may be retained... Ryan is fuming, he expected a chance at the HC gig let alone being fired.

He has been right so far with dates and info, until he is wrong, I am taking it partially serious at least.

From the same guy. Shurmur being hired and John Fox contacted to be the DC. I don't need to reveal who my sources. My track record proves I'm correct more than not. Naming names is not cool. Consider me a reliable source .

Where is the source saying that all but one person was fired. From what i have read so far no one has been fired yet. Until I see a link to a story I am not believing this.

Where is the source saying that all but one person was fired. From what i have read so far no one has been fired yet. Until I see a link to a story I am not believing this.

Supposed to have happened this morning, thats the reason I said "according to his source" If it was in the news already, his "source" would be the same as the rest of ours......take it for what it is, I dont blame you, but the guy has been pretty spot on so far.

Only in a world where Browns fans take on the role of a downtrodden franchise would some be even remotely surprised and seemingly inconsolable over the firing of most of the staff of the former head coach.

Typical of us Browns fans - we seem to think OUR 5-11 record was the best 5-11 in NFL history.

At least our Spec. Teams will still be good. Ryan was alright, but he made some baffling decision, especially keeping Haden on the bench while Eric Wright cost us anywhere from 1-3 touchdowns a game.

Only in a world where Browns fans take on the role of a downtrodden franchise would some be even remotely surprised and seemingly inconsolable over the firing of most of the staff of the former head coach.

Typical of us Browns fans - we seem to think OUR 5-11 record was the best 5-11 in NFL history.

Again, 2 fumbles and one pick 6 away from 8-8, toughest schedule, injuries with NO depth to the team, and holes in important positions..........so yeah, we were better than our record and Mangini got that team playing above their talent level in many spots.....its very shallow and viewing everything in black and white to say 5-11 over and over again without taking ANYTHING else into consideration.

It's also very shallow to look only at the close games you shoulda, woulda, coulda, won! How about the close games you coulda lost? Hoss was spot on!

Every bad team in the NFL could do what you did and come up with a better record.....every single one of them.

Very true, but do you take away the games ATL, The Jets, Buf and KC won because it was our mistake or they got "lucky"? NOPE, they won, and 3 of those teams are in the playoffs using that win.

Fact is, fumbles and pick 6's are NOT the fault of the coach!!!!!

WTF?

Atlanta made the playoffs because of a lucky play against the Browns? At 12-4 they would still be the #1 seed!

Coaching or players, it was the BROWNS who finished 5-11 and three of the four teams that finished below the Browns could use your logic to show they are better than the Browns, thereby leaving the Browns and the Panthers fighting for the #1 draft pick.

LOL! Ok, then, MANGINI SUCKS! HIRE SHURMUR! Thats the ticket, another "rebuild" of coaches, another unproven guy that couldnt lead his O past the 26th ranked in the NFL, and another 2 years till a completely new FO. Same crap over and over expecting different results. Good to go.

Tired of arguing this stupid point, BRING ON THE LOSING!

We were outmanned in almost every game we played this year. In some games we came up with schemes that confused the other team and we managed to win. We need several new players on both sides of the ball. Holmgren knew that if he brought a coach in last year the guy would have no chance of winning. So he let mangini attempt to turn sh** into shinola knowing that there was almost no chance of it happening. Holmgren could probably see that if he gave mangini another year they could finish 9-7 and he would be stuck with him.

I think Holmgren's ego was an issue in all of this. If he brings in a WCO guy he will get credit for the success. He must be very confident that the guy will be successful.

Ryan is a believer in Mangini's and BBs way of success, he had no chance of becoming the head coach

Again, 2 fumbles and one pick 6 away from 8-8, toughest schedule, injuries with NO depth to the team, and holes in important positions..........so yeah, we were better than our record and Mangini got that team playing above their talent level in many spots.....its very shallow and viewing everything in black and white to say 5-11 over and over again without taking ANYTHING else into consideration.

We lost to CIN and BUF because they ran the ball down our throats. 2 win teams mind you. We barely "won" vs the worst team in the league (CAR) because Ryan's D allowed Clausen to place his team in position to win. Then Ryan's D blows it vs. JAX and NY. I am not saying the guy sucked but please don't harp on depth with this football team. Time and again Mangini tossed players to the side because they did not play ST's, so in this regard he stocked his "depth" not with players who were good backups or position players, but with guys who played good ST's. His depth on this football team was his own doing, and not something Heckert could undo in one offseason. So yeah, depth on both sides of the ball was Mangini wanting ST's players, not good position players.

Wow! It's been a long time since I heard shit and shinola used together. My grandmother used to say "you don't know shit from Shinola"

Formerly Shunned

I'm sure she did say that to you all the time. She was right. That's you, even to this day...

We lost to CIN and BUF because they ran the ball down our throats. 2 win teams mind you. We barely "won" vs the worst team in the league (CAR) because Ryan's D allowed Clausen to place his team in position to win. Then Ryan's D blows it vs. JAX and NY. I am not saying the guy sucked but please don't harp on depth with this football team. Time and again Mangini tossed players to the side because they did not play ST's, so in this regard he stocked his "depth" not with players who were good backups or position players, but with guys who played good ST's. His depth on this football team was his own doing, and not something Heckert could undo in one offseason. So yeah, depth on both sides of the ball was Mangini wanting ST's players, not good position players.

Delhomme, nuff said....

It was asswipes like she was talking about!

Go back to studying for your SAT's there skippy! Formerly and Still Stoned?

"It was asswipes like she was ..."

You don't make any kind of sense. Perhaps you should slow your mind down a lot.

And, when I was in hs, back in the day, I don't think SAT's were invented yet.

Tell your teacher you need a tutor to help you move to a squeeler board, to post intelligently, and be accepted there.

Good freakin luck to ya !

Delhomme, nuff said....

Than why was Delhomme playing QB for this team? Was it because Wallace wasn't one of Mangini's guys? Are you seriously going to tell me that Jake was a better option over Wallace? That is like Lewis last season playing over Harrison until he got hurt, and Wright playing over Haden until he got hurt.

I hear excuses for Mangini. Lots and lots of excuses.

Time and again Mangini tossed players to the side because they did not play ST's, so in this regard he stocked his "depth" not with players who were good backups or position players, but with guys who played good ST's. His depth on this football team was his own doing, and not something Heckert could undo in one offseason. So yeah, depth on both sides of the ball was Mangini wanting ST's players, not good position players.

Delhomme, nuff said....

What does Jake have to do with Mangini stocking his roster with mediocre, average, ST's guys who have nowhere else to go, and nothing better to do than to buy into his system?

Than why was Delhomme playing QB for this team? Was it because Wallace wasn't one of Mangini's guys? Are you seriously going to tell me that Jake was a better option over Wallace? That is like Lewis last season playing over Harrison until he got hurt, and Wright playing over Haden until he got hurt.

Wallace = 1-4. Jake = 2-2.........

I hear a lot of bitching about Mangini while not taking into consideration that HOLMGREN brought Wallace and Delhomme to the team, and Delhomme was paid HOW MUCH to be the starter? By WHOM?

Give me a break, every bad thing you guys nailed on mangini, every good thing, you gave to everyone else. Learn where to actually put the blame.....

And I have NO PROBLEM with how Haden was brought along. Prove that how he was handled wasnt EXACTLY what made him that good in the NFL. You can, and I cant prove the opposite, so basically its speculation of how a rookie was brought into ONE OF THE HARDEST POSITIONS IN THE NFL TO LEARN FOR A ROOKIE!

The proof is usually in the pudding and you don't see any of the other 31 teams rushing to grab up Mangini do you?

And Shurmur? How many interviews has he had? What about Fox? What about......

Hell, teams arent knocking down The Tuna's door either.....

Archived