THE BROWNS BOARD

Typical

RavensFan1996

I understand what you're saying, but if I would have come on here with a generic user name and started spewing about my Ravens fanhood, wouldn't that have elicited more cynicism and hatred then me actually coming on here with who I honestly am? Like I said, I never come on this board to troll like most of the Pittsburgh fans. We get enough trolls on my Ravens' site. My intention was to come here and talk football with fans who I feel, have a lot in common with Baltimore fans based on our history.

Then why don't you start talking football and quit whining about a little joke that was played on you?

Then why don't you start talking football and quit whining about a little joke that was played on you?

You know what Gipper, you are right.

But to be honest, I wasn't really whining, more like complaining, but hell, spilled milk.

Anyway, I like the Shurmur hire for you guys. Although, given the personality of this division, I kind of wanted to see Gruden be the Browns next coach.

You know what Gipper, you are right.

But to be honest, I wasn't really whining, more like complaining, but hell, spilled milk.

Anyway, I like the Shurmur hire for you guys. Although, given the personality of this division, I kind of wanted to see Gruden be the Browns next coach.

Historically a guy like Shurmur makes more sense than a guy like Gruden. No SB winning coach has ever won with a 2d team. Only 2 have gotten there: Parcells and Holmgren!

The last 2 SB winners were coordinators that got promoted if you will: Payton and Tomlin. And others before that: Cowher, Billick The other method was to do what we did with Mangini: take a guy who didn't get it done in another location: Coughlin, Dungy, Gruden, Belichick, even going back to Dick Vermeil.

Historically a guy like Shurmur makes more sense than a guy like Gruden. No SB winning coach has ever won with a 2d team. Only 2 have gotten there: Parcells and Holmgren!

The last 2 SB winners were coordinators that got promoted if you will: Payton and Tomlin. And others before that: Cowher, Billick The other method was to do what we did with Mangini: take a guy who didn't get it done in another location: Coughlin, Dungy, Gruden, Belichick, even going back to Dick Vermeil.

True. And I think you guys have a WCO oriented quarterback. His arm strength is a question mark, but so was Montana's. He showed in the game against the Ravens that he can hit the short, quick timing passes which is the staple of the WCO. This could be the right marriage of GM-HC-QB at the right time for the Browns.

Archived