THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini on Shurmur

cddbrowns

Former #Browns coach Eric Mangini appearing on SportsCenter. He just talked about Cleveland hiring Pat Shurmur. #NFL

Mangini on Shurmur: "I think he's a really bright guy. I think he's got a great understanding of football and of the scheme that he runs."

Former #Browns coach Eric Mangini on new Browns coach Pat Shurmur: "I really think he's an excellent choice." #NFL

More Mangini on Shurmur: "He and Tom (Heckert) will be on the same page with personnel (b/c of their time) working together in Philadelphia"

More Eric Mangini on new #Browns HC Pat Shurmur: "He runs the traditional West Coast system, so that's a good fit with Mike (Holmgren)" #NFL

#Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo on Pat Shurmur: “I very much appreciate Pat and what he has done to help us grow as a team these last two years."

#Rams RB Steven Jackson on Pat Shurmur: “He was a good coordinator for the Rams and on Sundays, he got the most out of his players." #Browns

#Rams QB Sam Bradford on Shurmur: "He truly helped my transition from college to the NFL game. I think he will be a really good head coach.”

I have to say, this has to be one of the classiest "fired" reactions I have ever seen.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just shows he a class guy...........unlike some of our fans.

Unlike some fans like you that cant let him go...

Don't burn bridges. Who knows what happens if Holmgren's guy fails. Lerner may fire holmgren and shurmur and bring Mangini back, LOL.

I think this is the third time cleveland has run a great coach out of town but only time will tell. If I were mangini I would try and find a team somewhere closer to winning because fans and owners cannot handle the true process of building a team for the long term

Mangini handled himself like the hypocrite he is, that is what he does best "good morning everyone how are you today", but i am glad for the guy and hope he can get on fulltime he was always good at analyzing the other teams good points while being totally unable to fix his own problems as a coach and the analysis business is perfect for him now if he would quit stuttering and making that lispy sound he would be set! ;) ..

Seriously i didnt think he did to bad and he did handle himself very well, i really wish him the best in the broadcast biz and hope he never tries to return to coaching because his talk game is way superior to his action game...

Mangini handled himself like the hypocrite he is, that is what he does best "good morning everyone how are you today", but i am glad for the guy and hope he can get on fulltime he was always good at analyzing the other teams good points while being totally unable to fix his own problems as a coach and the analysis business is perfect for him now if he would quit stuttering and making that lispy sound he would be set! ;) ..

Seriously i didnt think he did to bad and he did handle himself very well, i really wish him the best in the broadcast biz and hope he never tries to return to coaching because his talk game is way superior to his action game...

Only you could find a way to bag on Mangini for showing class and being respectful of Heckert, Holmgren, and Shurmur despite getting a pretty raw deal. It is obvious that you really have nothing to contribute, welcome to the ignore list.

So are you not a Browns fan anymore because Mangini is gone?

i'm a browns fan till the day i die. just got the aholes who wished for all of this to happen on a short list. we'll see if you "oh it's a better schedule so we'll make it to the playoffs no matter who the coach is " or "he had two years to do it and he didn't do it so get rid of him" guys..........so when it doesn't happen i can rub your nose in shit like you have mine. and i can prove you wrong. (hopefully not). good luck to us all.

i'm a browns fan till the day i die. just got the aholes who wished for all of this to happen on a short list. we'll see if you "oh it's a better schedule so we'll make it to the playoffs no matter who the coach is " or "he had two years to do it and he didn't do it so get rid of him" guys..........so when it doesn't happen i can rub your nose in shit like you have mine. and i can prove you wrong. (hopefully not). good luck to us all.

Problem is, they dont care about two years from now, they want a SB NOW NOW NOW! If we had that then sucked till the day we all die, they would be fine with that. Me? I would LOVE to have a really good team and I am patient enough to watch the building happen. If you want instant success while not thinking of Cap, long term, so on and so on, go back and watch Butch.....

Problem is, they dont care about two years from now, they want a SB NOW NOW NOW! If we had that then sucked till the day we all die, they would be fine with that. Me? I would LOVE to have a really good team and I am patient enough to watch the building happen. If you want instant success while not thinking of Cap, long term, so on and so on, go back and watch Butch.....

my neighbor has 3 rabbits

as much as we all hate the steelers, check this:

same owners with FO. since '69 three coaches.

the browns: six coaches since '99. how many FOs?

get the drift???

Thats exactly right milky..How has that worked out for the Steelers?..6 Super Bowls..DUH..

Morons like Gips and Wrrebel will be screaming for Shumur head if he goes 6 and 10.

The press will get on Shumur ..Lerner will panic and fire everyone..I told you, this team since the

expansion is like Groundhog Day...just keeps repeating the same scenario

The definition of insanity is to keep during the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The Cleveland Brown process..The process of building nothing but misery for their fans by this constant upheaval of the entire organization.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL and we will continue to be as long we run coaches through the turnstile every 2 years..you mean that process?

Depressing to the 10th degree.

Thats exactly right milky..How has that worked out for the Steelers?..6 Super Bowls..DUH..

Morons like Gips and Wrrebel will be screaming for Shumur head if he goes 6 and 10.

The press will get on Shumur ..Lerner will panic and fire everyone..I told you, this team since the

expansion is like Groundhog Day...just keeps repeating the same scenario

The definition of insanity is to keep during the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

HA! So your saying Gips and I played a role in Mangini being fired?

Yet mornons like you were all over a coaches nuts who was 10-22. In the NFL it doesnt take 10 years to turn a team around. At least im holding judgement to see what he puts on the field (shurmur).

Mangini had his chance and FAILED! He is gone.. He was an idiot savant..

Get over it, or go root for your loverboy at ESPN..

The difference between you and I, is my loyalty lies with the Browns. You dont see me crying about my loverboy not coming to coach

Yet mornons like you were all over a coaches nuts who was 10-22. In the NFL it doesnt take 10 years to turn a team around. At least im holding judgement to see what he puts on the field (shurmur).

The difference between you and I, is my loyalty lies with the Browns. You dont see me crying about my loverboy not coming to coach

Awesome post...couldnt agree more.

Problem is, despite the W-L record, the team had improved in several areas. Progress is progress, just like you say 5-11 is 5-11....

let me ask, you play a top team in the NFL, lets say Indy. You lose a game 21-20, thats the same as losing 40-0? LOL! Thats EXACTLY what youre saying there. Injuries and lack of depth, holes where there should be talent, strength of schedule and several other factors SHOULD be looked at. NOW? LOL! We will see, but REALLY?!?!?!

What YOU dont understand is, I dont care if it was Lerner himself, if the progress was there, the progress was there and I would think it was STUPID to fire him too! This "loverboy" crap is playground bullsh!t, plain and simple.

Ranked something like 8th in the NFL in points allowed? TD's went up, rushing yards went up, passing yards went up, turnover ration was INSANE improved, all on a MUCH harder schedule.......but youre right, no progress at all and he was just a big failure. We are just missing our "loverboy."

What a stupid comment.

A loss is a loss. There are no style points in the NFL. If there were, the scoreboard would have spaces for Technical Merit and Artistic Impression.

If you lose your life instantly or over the course of a year, in the end you're still D-E-A-D.

Archived