THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini on Shurmur

cddbrowns

Guest runyon27
And there's the problem. ONLY looking at wins and losses- not taking other factors into consideration. Yeah Kansas City sure turned it around all right- only playing one team with a winning record. Oh, and then they had to play a REAL team in the playoffs- the Ravens- and guess what? They got blown out, just like they would have playing in the AFC North. Instant gratification goobers. Tom Landry went 13-38 his first couple years with suck teams at Dallas. Bill Belichick was nothing home to write about his first few coaching stints. (LOL Modell will go down in history firing two-and maybe three- if Marty ever makes it HOF coaches) So Shurmur doesn't turn it around immediately, can his ass too. That's been the Cleveland way since 1999.

Mangini's gone, can't feel too sorry for a guy who will collect $7 million bucks over the next two years for not working. I just hope Holmgren's right. One thing for certain- I'm not going to be dancing in the streets anytime soon just because the Browns have a new coach.

You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I thikn was part of the whole procress. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watchig another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a ew coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

Actually, it's the Can-gini crowd that needs to give it a rest already. You got your wish- and like they say- "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

There hasn't been anyone here coming close to your description of "Mangini Worship"- unless you want to define that as giving the guy ONE more year to get it right.

Yeah, there was plenty of bitching about Mangini's flaws- but there was UNDENIABLE progress being made- unless you're like a total dolt- and you know who you are- that wanted to suggest the W-L record is the end all, be-all meter of coaching quality.

So for you instant gratification crowd, maybe you'll get your wish and see the Browns turn it around to 10-6 (or 11-7 depending how the CBA turns out) and then watch them go into the toilet, just like the flash in the pan soft schedule DA led Browns of a few years back. Mangini said many times he was going for SUSTAINABLE excellence, not a one and done.

What do the Steelers have that we don't? If you answer STABILITY, go to the head of the class.

I'll just say this Nicks- I out-age you by a decade +, and I'd love to see the Browns play in a Super Bowl (and maybe even win one) before I croak. But one thing's for certain- you're not getting there changing coaches every couple of years like a pair of worn out socks.

You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I think was part of the whole process. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watching another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a new coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

If he wasn't "his guy" he should have fired EM right off the bat. No, I haven't forgotten that, not by a long shot.

Yeah- that's the ticket- give Shurmer a lot more rope than Mangini- because he runs "your" system. I'm just thrilled about the prospect of ANOTHER rebuilding year or three until Holmgren retires, and Heckert takes over.

And there you have it- how do you (or anyone else) know that Shurmur couldn't be the next Josh McDaniels and absolutely suck as a head coach? Fortunately, H&H won't let him trade Joe Thomas for a couple of 4th round draft picks.

I'll tell you what- I've grown mighty tired of the "win now" bleaters here. So Shurmur loses the opener, I'm on his ass from day one. Fair enough?

Actually, it's the Can-gini crowd that needs to give it a rest already. You got your wish- and like they say- "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

There hasn't been anyone here coming close to your description of "Mangini Worship"- unless you want to define that as giving the guy ONE more year to get it right.

Yeah, there was plenty of bitching about Mangini's flaws- but there was UNDENIABLE progress being made- unless you're like a total dolt- and you know who you are- that wanted to suggest the W-L record is the end all, be-all meter of coaching quality.

So for you instant gratification crowd, maybe you'll get your wish and see the Browns turn it around to 10-6 (or 11-7 depending how the CBA turns out) and then watch them go into the toilet, just like the flash in the pan soft schedule DA led Browns of a few years back. Mangini said many times he was going for SUSTAINABLE excellence, not a one and done.

What do the Steelers have that we don't? If you answer STABILITY, go to the head of the class.

I'll just say this Nicks- I out-age you by a decade +, and I'd love to see the Browns play in a Super Bowl (and maybe even win one) before I croak. But one thing's for certain- you're not getting there changing coaches every couple of years like a pair of worn out socks.

Im all for stability...but Im not for keeping a coach who is a liability for the team..he makes bad gameday descisions.....Some people cant get it through thier head he was NOT Holmgrens guy...Mangini is a loser...Im glad hes gone..it was a bad hire on Lerners part for not having a President/GM in place.

If he wasn't "his guy" he should have fired EM right off the bat. No, I haven't forgotten that, not by a long shot.

Yeah- that's the ticket- give Shurmer a lot more rope than Mangini- because he runs "your" system. I'm just thrilled about the prospect of ANOTHER rebuilding year or three until Holmgren retires, and Heckert takes over.

And there you have it- how do you (or anyone else) know that Shurmur couldn't be the next Josh McDaniels and absolutely suck as a head coach? Fortunately, H&H won't let him trade Joe Thomas for a couple of 4th round draft picks.

I'll tell you what- I've grown mighty tired of the "win now" bleaters here. So Shurmur loses the opener, I'm on his ass from day one. Fair enough?

I think Holmgren, gave him a fair shake. Got a year to watch him work day to day. If he was progressing as he wished I am sure he would have gotten another year. I personally probably would have given him another year, but also if you look at things he screwed up a lot too.

Record or no record Mangini was building something. This team is better off than they were when Mangini got here. Now let's hope Shurmur doesn't want to completely blow it up and start over. Moving to a 4-3 is a bad idea, starting from scratch AGAIN isn't an option right? Shurmur needs to know he has to win not start over and go 1-15 or 2-14. To me that isn't acceptable and he needs to be accountable. The fans and the city of Cleveland, especially right now, deserve better.

I doubt he completely blows it up. There is going to be turnover, that was going to half to happen regardless of who the coach was. Our LBs are pedestrian, we can't keep using Barto, Trusnik, and Schaeffering as starters or big contributors. I would prefer we stay with the 3-4 as well, we will see how it goes. We still have lots of holes to fill.

Archived