THE BROWNS BOARD

Change is a coming....AGAIN

peterbell

Kathy,

I agree....Does this mean you & I are showing our age? I may have lost respect for them even before 1970.

Mike

Oh, yeah. I keep waiting for the Browns to offer senior citizen discounts but I'm no silver-haired granny yet.

It was 1970 when I abandoned all hope of any improvement. Cleveland is such a great sports town you'd think they could do better. Gad.

Anyone who thinks there is some secret reason why Holmgren did what he did is Retarded. People who think we can just switch our offense and defense to something that our personnel (who were already bad in the systems already in place) are not suited for and expect them to excel in a new system in one year are Retarded. Holmgren gave Mangini another year to prove that his system could work and he ended the season on a really shitty note giving Holmgren enough of a reason to switch to his own system which he has seen alot of success with. A system that we are currently not yet set up to use, a system that WILL take time to get get up and running.

Everyone who is already calling for the new guy to be fired can go to hell in my book. Same with the ones who will be calling for his firing after one season when he doesn't take the team to the playoffs.

im already in hell...its called being a browns fans. close your eyes and imagine all is well, keep sucking at the teet....

so you choose not to see that holmgren set mangini up to fail? thats fine....but i will not allow this hypocrite fat xxxxing walrus to get his little scheme past me.

demand results then ask for patience? xxxx him....he wasted a year of football just to let his little plan play out. so this is now year 2 for wally....

dont like it hillis is boss? go xxxx yourself then.....cause i dont give a damn what u think.

im already in hell...its called being a browns fans. close your eyes and imagine all is well, keep sucking at the teet....

so you choose not to see that holmgren set mangini up to fail? thats fine....but i will not allow this hypocrite fat xxxxing walrus to get his little scheme past me.

demand results then ask for patience? xxxx him....he wasted a year of football just to let his little plan play out. so this is now year 2 for wally....

dont like it hillis is boss? go xxxx yourself then.....cause i dont give a damn what u think.

And no one cares about your xxxxing opinion. Only a stupid ass piece of shit would make up some sort of conspiracy where the whole goal was to get MANGINI kicked out. If HOLMGREN's plan was to fire MANGINI he would have done it last year. He wouldn't wait for coach he wanted (Gruden) to become available because I'm sure HOLMGREN already had an idea that Gruden wasn't going to leave MNF. MANGINI was going to have to have a winning record in order to stay, but that didn't happen. We all knew that this year was a year for MANGINI to prove that his implemented system could work, and it didn't. It is going to take at least one year to completely change the offensive scheme and defensive scheme (something MANGINI didn't even have to do since we ran the same offense and defense when he got here) and if people just keep calling for the new guys head now and next year then we are just going to keep replaying the same losing tendencies that we have been doing since 1999.

Oh and I call people by their names. I don't use childish nick name like Mangenious, or Walrus to help my xxxxing point. Be a god damn man and use the name that god gave these two men you child.

And no one cares about your xxxxing opinion. Only a stupid ass piece of shit would make up some sort of conspiracy where the whole goal was to get MANGINI kicked out. If HOLMGREN's plan was to fire MANGINI he would have done it last year. He wouldn't wait for coach he wanted (Gruden) to become available because I'm sure HOLMGREN already had an idea that Gruden wasn't going to leave MNF. MANGINI was going to have to have a winning record in order to stay, but that didn't happen. We all knew that this year was a year for MANGINI to prove that his implemented system could work, and it didn't. It is going to take at least one year to completely change the offensive scheme and defensive scheme (something MANGINI didn't even have to do since we ran the same offense and defense when he got here) and if people just keep calling for the new guys head now and next year then we are just going to keep replaying the same losing tendencies that we have been doing since 1999.

Oh and I call people by their names. I don't use childish nick name like Mangenious, or Walrus to help my xxxxing point. Be a god damn man and use the name that god gave these two men you child.

I agree with you. Its seem like this board is going to have a long off season.

I agree with you. Its seem like this board is going to have a long off season.

Actually, it is good we have some disagreement among Cleveland fans. It shows people still care enough to say what they believe. When no one sez anything, then everyone has given up and it is gonna be a L-O-N-G offseason.

I offer my own conspiracy:

Mangini set up Holmgren by losing all those games at the end of the season because he wanted to be a TV star and make Holmgren look bad. He also wanted to help his pal Rob Ryan become the DC at Dallas so he'd get paid tons of money by Jerry Jones no matter what his record is. I just hope Rob likes to go to bars and hear the owner spout of all types of ridiculous crap.

Actually, it is good we have some disagreement among Cleveland fans. It shows people still care enough to say what they believe. When no one sez anything, then everyone has given up and it is gonna be a L-O-N-G offseason.

I offer my own conspiracy:

Mangini set up Holmgren by losing all those games at the end of the season because he wanted to be a TV star and make Holmgren look bad. He also wanted to help his pal Rob Ryan become the DC at Dallas so he'd get paid tons of money by Jerry Jones no matter what his record is. I just hope Rob likes to go to bars and hear the owner spout of all types of ridiculous crap.

I agree with your theory, it makes sense..

no. i thought you knew that we give new HC's two years now to prove themselves or they're out.

And I'm for giving a coach 3 or 4 years myself and I didn't want Mangini fired, but he is and I'm not going to be spiteful towards the next coach because of it and I'm not stupid enough to believe that it's some sort of elaborate conspiracy either.

Archived