THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Ryan New Cowboys DC

ITHIKA

Why does it feel like we took two steps forward and now are taking 20 steps back? Would of liked to keep Ryan around. Now we'll get some no name dc and oc to go along with our no name HC. Holmgren you better be right buddy cause your head is the next one to roll!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ve-coordinator/

Like the last two single tipsy patrons at a bar when the lights flip on, Rob Ryan and the Cowboys needed each other.

The first three guys considered for the Cowboys defensive coordinator job took jobs elsewhere. Ryan wasn’t going to be brought back to Cleveland, and there weren’t many coordinator jobs still available.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ryan and the Cowboys consummated their flirtation Sunday when Ryan agreed to be the team’s defensive coordinator. It may wind up being a nice fit for both sides.

The Cowboys get continuity on defense. Ryan has experience running an attacking 3-4 defense and there is more talent in Dallas than he had in Cleveland. Coaching in Dallas will give Ryan a nice stage to build his profile as he tries to become a head coach in the league.

Why does it feel like we took two steps forward and now are taking 20 steps back? Would of liked to keep Ryan around. Now we'll get some no name dc and oc to go along with our no name HC. Holmgren you better be right buddy cause your head is the next one to roll!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ve-coordinator/

Like the last two single tipsy patrons at a bar when the lights flip on, Rob Ryan and the Cowboys needed each other.

The first three guys considered for the Cowboys defensive coordinator job took jobs elsewhere. Ryan wasn’t going to be brought back to Cleveland, and there weren’t many coordinator jobs still available.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ryan and the Cowboys consummated their flirtation Sunday when Ryan agreed to be the team’s defensive coordinator. It may wind up being a nice fit for both sides.

The Cowboys get continuity on defense. Ryan has experience running an attacking 3-4 defense and there is more talent in Dallas than he had in Cleveland. Coaching in Dallas will give Ryan a nice stage to build his profile as he tries to become a head coach in the league.

He was the most over hyped DC of all time. He blows!

Why does it feel like we took two steps forward and now are taking 20 steps back? Would of liked to keep Ryan around. Now we'll get some no name dc and oc to go along with our no name HC.

If you don't like it, leave.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of the constant bitching, whining, crying, and dumbasses on this forum. Most days it's not worth logging on...

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of the constant bitching, whining, crying, and dumbasses on this forum. Most days it's not worth logging on...

Go FAWK yourself Nuck! I've been on this board for the last five years far longer than you HOMO and i have a right to my opinion regarding the Browns, isn't that what this forum is about, to voice our opinions you D!ck Head? If you don't like my posts don't respond to them Tool Bag!

Mangini started to build something that will now be torn down yet again, will i bail on the Browns? No! However, I have every right to be frustrated as much as the next fan! Atenears has done a great job making this forum an outlet to voice that frustration. Obviously your simple little mind can't understand that though.

Thanks Nuck you have officially won the "Tool Bag" of the year award and are now muted on my comp to never be read by me again!

P.S. Speaking of moms tell yours I said hello! She knows me as Dirty Sanchez its a role game we used to play!

I would like to ask in all honesty what was mangini building?

Our defense was made up of old slows guys, which last time I checked u don't get faster with age..

I could see if we had a young talented front 7 but we didn't. Mangini team would have had to been rebuilt.

People make it seem like we had a foundation of young talent..

Ryan was ok, I just wish he would have pressed the CBs on the WRs...more like the bump & run. I don't know if I ever saw that while he was here. Our CBs gave waaaaaay too much cushion to opposing WRs.

Go FAWK yourself Nuck! I've been on this board for the last five years far longer than you HOMO and i have a right to my opinion regarding the Browns, isn't that what this forum is about, to voice our opinions you D!ck Head? If you don't like my posts don't respond to them Tool Bag!

Mangini started to build something that will now be torn down yet again, will i bail on the Browns? No! However, I have every right to be frustrated as much as the next fan! Atenears has done a great job making this forum an outlet to voice that frustration. Obviously your simple little mind can't understand that though.

Thanks Nuck you have officially won the "Tool Bag" of the year award and are now muted on my comp to never be read by me again!

P.S. Speaking of moms tell yours I said hello! She knows me as Dirty Sanchez its a role game we used to play!

ok

awww....look at the noob trying to exert himself....lol, thats so cute. who are you again, and why should any of us care?

and i come here cause its open for us to speak our minds.....for better or worse. dont like it, well.....gtfo. cause you cant expect anyone to change their posting style for the stupid new guy who doesnt understand message boards.

I watched him out in oakland and he was very bad. I do agree he didn't have the greatest talent, but he is riding his brothers coat tails

His scheme in the NO game was one of my highlights of the season!!! Wish him nothing but success.

Ryan was ok, I just wish he would have pressed the CBs on the WRs...more like the bump & run. I don't know if I ever saw that while he was here. Our CBs gave waaaaaay too much cushion to opposing WRs.

My BIGGEST Complaint against our D... We would have the team 3 and long and how many times would we give up the first down on a passing play because are D was 5-8 yards off the WR in the first place... You all know you seen that..

here we go again, another, "You can't post your opinions on anything the Brown's Head Office does; you must worship and take every move they make as if GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF made it."

Screw that, only pussy-whipped fans think like you bro, They take whatever the head office gives and stomachs it...if we don't like something or disagree, true fans speak up!

Rob ryan will likely be the next HC of the cowboys but for now he will enjoy being a top notch DC with a talented team and an owner that will love his fiery character as long as he doesnt try to out stage jerry!

Meanwhile we will still be in browns fan hell watching a most likely non fiery, boring unknown entity at coach either become another brownie national laughingstock or silently paving a path players and fans can believe in..Either way we wont be going anywhere or accomplishing much as its a "process" and a work in progress, my guess is we will go 7-9 at best..

Our defense was made up of old slows guys, which last time I checked u don't get faster with age..

I could see if we had a young talented front 7 but we didn't. Mangini team would have had to been rebuilt.

We had basically nobody when mangini showed up. Somebody has to play whether it is old guys past their prime or young guys that suck. To everyone who thinks that you can build a team in one season that is simply a crock. When you need a defensive lineman where do you get them? You use a first/second round draft pick or you get them in free agency just like the other teams. This means that those younger guys have a choice of 32 teams.

When you need 15 new starters (quick estimate) how long do you think it would take to get them and who is going to play while you are getting them? You fill your holes as well as possible then you improve your talent each season. That is how it is done and that is what mangini was doing. And that is the same thing that heckert and holmgren are going to do. They want us to be patient when they didn't want to be patient.

But I really think this whole thing comes down to holmgren not believing in the BB principles. He thinks his way of winning is better but if you look at when holmgren won he had a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. If they can bring the same number of great players in here we will win too. Gives us a Reggie White at defensive end and the 4/3 defense will be lookin good.

We had basically nobody when mangini showed up. Somebody has to play whether it is old guys past their prime or young guys that suck. To everyone who thinks that you can build a team in one season that is simply a crock. When you need a defensive lineman where do you get them? You use a first/second round draft pick or you get them in free agency just like the other teams. This means that those younger guys have a choice of 32 teams.

When you need 15 new starters (quick estimate) how long do you think it would take to get them and who is going to play while you are getting them? You fill your holes as well as possible then you improve your talent each season. That is how it is done and that is what mangini was doing. And that is the same thing that heckert and holmgren are going to do. They want us to be patient when they didn't want to be patient.

But I really think this whole thing comes down to holmgren not believing in the BB principles. He thinks his way of winning is better but if you look at when holmgren won he had a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. If they can bring the same number of great players in here we will win too. Gives us a Reggie White at defensive end and the 4/3 defense will be lookin good.

some funny posts in this thread. lol i enjoyed it.

this and Al's post both resonated w me. honestly, i am still luke warm. The Big Show has never faced anything like what's in the AFCN. i don't care what anyone says, Mangini WAS building, and really had his work cut out for him. Heckert would have helped him surge ahead this year, just as he will help the new philosophy attempt to flourish.

imo EM's ceiling was high as space and his method was tailored for our opponents here. he couldn't add all the pieces in one season as much as we all would have liked him to, but his foundation is in place and was strong and stable enough to beat the defending Super Bowl champs and hang with the best in the league, outside the AFCN. but if Paul Brown believed short passes could beat teams that rely heavily on running the ball...who am i to think i know better.

let's see it Mike. i'm all eyes...and have a big fat dog biscuit w ur name on it ready to go...

wow. you explained it better i think i ever could. if people can't understand the difficulty in 'building' a team after reading your post then they will never understand. talent just doesn't fall from the sky. you only have so many draft picks every year and alot of FA has to do with the purse strings of the owner and the salary cap (which i really don't know too much about). mangini was bred in the afc east which has to be more comparable to the afc north than the nfc west would.

hey if this 'rebuilding' results in more wins and paves the way to the playoffs and ultimately a championship, i'll be the first one to eat crow. let's just stop the FO and HC carousel already. we've been mocking the tradition of championship football with our approach of "win now or go home" crap.

I knew something has been missing from this board the past few days.........more mangina rumblings

fuhgetaboutit and go play with your fuzzy wabbits............hee haw

anquan boldin would sure give you a chest bump for your "too much cushion" assessment

Archived