THE BROWNS BOARD

Berns To Coach---Elsewhere???

Riffer X

Bernie can read defense's as good as any QB that played the game... If you catch him on the pre season broadcasts, he usually calls the play or says what play should be called as the teams go to the line of scrimmage.. Now granted, pre season offense & defense is pretty vanilla -- football 101 but it shows he knows the game...

He'd be a great playcaller in the NFL..

If he truely wants to dedicate himself to the rigors of an NFL schedule with the personal sacrifices you have to make, then I think it's highly likely He'll succeed...

If thats the case the Browns sure as hell better put him on the payroll.. I don't want to see another Brown (Paul & Noll) have success with another team...

Great football mind...

Peace

T.Dawg

Bernie has gone through some rough personal issues in the past few years... Maybe his head is starting to clear and he yearns for the spotlight again..

He still owe's the Browns some major benjamins so maybe there might be some hard feelings in the mix..

Bernie Kosar is a Cleveland icon, his name is immediately associated with Cleveland..Hope we keep it that way..

Peace

T.Dawg

Bernie has gone through some rough personal issues in the past few years... Maybe his head is starting to clear and he yearns for the spotlight again..

He still owe's the Browns some major benjamins so maybe there might be some hard feelings in the mix..

Why does he owe the Browns money? I mean, the Browns are not a bank that lends out money. If anything he is paid by them for broadcasting. Perhaps he owes Rander Lerner on a personal loan, but not the Browns. Just curious, never heard anything about this.

There was recently an article on Bernie, his divorce, him raising his children and it highlighted the numerous injuries he sustained throughout his career...

In the article it said that Kosar had a personal loan from Lerner (not sure if it was Sr. or Jr. Lerner) something like 1.5 million...

There was a lot of mud thrown around by his ex and I believe there were some acuisations about substance abuse..

A few years back I saw him at a pre season game and he seemed to be buzzed but truthfully Bernie was always a bit goofy in his speach so he could have been completely normal...

Granted, he did do the kneel down for Dallas in the Super Bowl but he never left Cleveland on his own---he was asked to leave--diminishing skills I believe...

I like Bernie, has a great football mind and in my mind He'll always be a Brown...

Peace

T.Dawg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Kosar

The Dallas Cowboys then signed Kosar to a one-year, $1 million contract to fill in for an injured Troy Aikman. Kosar performed well in four games for the Cowboys and earned his only championship ring as a backup in Super Bowl XXVIII. A week prior to the Super Bowl, Kosar relieved an injured Aikman in the second half of the NFC championship game against the San Francisco 49ers, completing five of nine pass attempts for 83 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions.

I find it odd that Bernie would want to join the Pats. Was it not Belichick who let him go for diminishing skills...

I understand they long ago patched up their differences. It was probably Belichick who "apologized" to Bernie for not giving the veteran QB a free hand at changing whatever plays were called, and for cutting him when he had no viable alternative.

I think Kosar could be a excellent QB coach, as someone else mentioned when you watch the preseason games you can tell he knows about the defenses what play calls should be and how the QB should react/audible against those defenses. And since our OC wont be a true OC you could even start Bernie out as QB coach and maybe work his way up to the working OC at some point.

I think Kosar could be a excellent QB coach, as someone else mentioned when you watch the preseason games you can tell he knows about the defenses what play calls should be and how the QB should react/audible against those defenses. And since our OC wont be a true OC you could even start Bernie out as QB coach and maybe work his way up to the working OC at some point.

Bernie would be an excellent addition to any team, as a qb coach....maybe even OC. Here's the problem: If Holmgren brought Bernie in, it would once again, become Bernie's team. He is a home town hero, who did well here, and was let go in '93....not due to "diminished skills"...which actually was true to some extent, but due to the power struggle between him and Bellichick. Holmgren would risk a repeat of that same situation, which was not good for the team, or anyone involved. The way I saw it back then, was that Belichick was a weasel, just trying to sabatoge the team. The way I see it today, is that Bernie was undermining Belichick's authority with the players, and had to be removed to move forward. No matter how pissed off we were about how it was done, it was absolutely the only way for the HC to get complete control of the team. Personally. I would love to see Kosar come in as a qb coach. No matter what you think of him, there is no denying that he is one of the smartest qb's to ever play the game. Holmgren will never put himself in that situation...to be made out to be the villain, if Bernie disagrees with him. At this point, who knows if Holmgren is the answer?....I hope so.....but I'm not sold on him, yet.

I still don't see it as "Bernie underming Bellibuttcheek's authority", though.

He was trying to help the team win, because Lord knows, that he knew defense, but the offense

was pitiful, due to the plays that were being called. Butt didn't learn his lesson until afterwards,

and learned how to stop being a snot-nosed, pompous, media despising piece of sludge. Butt envied Kosar for his

outstanding leadership and the respect he had from his teammates. You don't see the Colt's head coach dumping

Peyton Manning because he "undermines the authority of the head coach". jmso...

He was trying to help the team win, because Lord knows, that he knew defense, but the offense

was pitiful, due to the plays that were being called. Butt didn't learn his lesson until afterwards,

and learned how to stop being a snot-nosed, pompous, media despising piece of sludge. Butt envied Kosar for his

outstanding leadership and the respect he had from his teammates. You don't see the Colt's head coach dumping

Believe me....I'm no Bellichick fan. The way to win fans over is not to come in and remove all the favorite players of the fans. Bellichick did the same thing in New England....and it obviuosly worked. I know they weren't exactly thrilled when he went with Brady over Bledsoe. I think Bellichick's whole philosophy is to make changes where he thinks they need to be made...no matter what anyone else thinks. You have to have a little respect for the guy.....doing what he feels is the right thing, no matter how unpopular that is.

No, I don't. I'm contrary that way. GGG

Butticheck didn't have a Tom Brady waiting in the wings when he dumped Bernie for NO GOOD REASON, and he didn't have to dump Bernie out

of saving what little ego he had left while in Cleveland.

It's all nice and good for him that he learned from his very stupid mistakes, and grew up,

and even developed some people skills with the Patriots.

But I don't respect him for the time he was in Cleveland.

But though he wasn't "Butticheck" with the Patriots, it was too late for my Browns.

And dumping on Kosar because Butticheck had no clue about offense, and Kosar tried to win despite him...

he sucked, he will have always sucked, he was buttichoke, and all the good he did with the Patriots doesn't

change that. I curse him, his rep reeks worse than limberger sp? cheese, and the Patriots could have been in

the superbowl this year, if he had drafted some offensive linemen, and I hope he falls into a little pen of pig poop while

on vacation in this off-season. ;)

No, I don't. I'm contrary that way. GGG

Butticheck didn't have a Tom Brady waiting in the wings when he dumped Bernie for NO GOOD REASON, and he didn't have to dump Bernie out

of saving what little ego he had left while in Cleveland.

It's all nice and good for him that he learned from his very stupid mistakes, and grew up,

and even developed some people skills with the Patriots.

But I don't respect him for the time he was in Cleveland.

But though he wasn't "Butticheck" with the Patriots, it was too late for my Browns.

And dumping on Kosar because Butticheck had no clue about offense, and Kosar tried to win despite him...

he sucked, he will have always sucked, he was buttichoke, and all the good he did with the Patriots doesn't

change that. I curse him, his rep reeks worse than limberger sp? cheese, and the Patriots could have been in

the superbowl this year, if he had drafted some offensive linemen, and I hope he falls into a little pen of pig poop while

on vacation in this off-season. ;)

Lol!...well...at least you're not bitter. You know....I felt the same way. In fact, after he cut Bernie, I rooted against the Browns, hoping Modell would fire the little prick if he lost enough games. I could go as far to say that the main reason Modell kept Bellichick...even after all the fans being pissed off, was because it was all part of Modell's plan. He knew he was leaving, and maybe thought if he alienated most of the fans, "the move" wouldn't have been so traumatic for both parties. Just part of my conspiracy theory.

Belechick went with Brady because Bledsoe got injuried -- not because of some genius coaching move...

In fact, Brady himself got injured in a playoff game later that year in Pittsburgh and Bledsoe came in to save the day (if I remember correctly)...

Belechick got Brady by default not by his brilliant talent evaluation....

Peace

T.Dawg

What i heard is Bernie punched at Billicheck.

There is more to the story than Bernie changing a play.

Belechick went with Brady because Bledsoe got injuried -- not because of some genius coaching move...

In fact, Brady himself got injured in a playoff game later that year in Pittsburgh and Bledsoe came in to save the day (if I remember correctly)...

Belechick got Brady by default not by his brilliant talent evaluation....

Peace

T.Dawg

You're right...kind of. Bledsoe was hurt, and BB went to Brady. But...when he found out what he had in Brady, he stuck with him, and cut Bledsoe, eventually. I remember...there were a lot of pissed off New England fans. Also....who do you suppose picked Brady in the 6th round of the draft?

What i heard is Bernie punched at Billicheck.

There is more to the story than Bernie changing a play. Ballpeen

What I heard, is that the whole Browns offense wanted

to elbow Butticheck in the nose, and Butticheck shoved Bernie first,

and injured his hand when Kosar didn't move an inch, then Butticheck cried,

and Kosar went out and changed the play, and got a TOUCHDOWN, and Butticheck

wet his pants and kicked Bernie off the team. @@

Whatever. I'm never going to respect Butticheck, and my decision is final. ;)

bernie did more for the browns past the championship era than any other player. the fact that he might look at another team for a coaching position has nothing to do with belichick or anything else for that matter concerning the browns EXCEPT if he does want to coach now and not here i believe it has more to do with holmgren's overinflated ego and his make-believe status that would make ANY 'REAL' legitimate football mind not want to be anywhere near this FAT FXXK.

IODIL, if Belecheat was such a good talent evaluater why did he wait till the 6th round to pick Brady?????

He was doing what he was taught by Parcells- you always pick a QB in the later rounds of every draft..

I believe Holmgren does the same.

He didn't play Brady until he performed on the field like he did every day in practice- genius my ass.

Peace

T.Dawg

If Belichik hires Kosar, then I agree with Y'all. Belichik is an asshole.

Sorry, he ain't getting hired by the Pats.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he did get hired by the pats rumor is that they're the front runner....per his dad who brings his car into the shop i work at in boardman

We hired Whipple and a few other assistants, probably no Bernie.

I'm not picking on you, Mikey, your was the post that finally made me respond to this thread.

In short, who cares what Kosar does?

He had a nice run in Cleveland and, for a relatively short period of time, was considered to be a 'franchise quarterback'.

However, his legend doesn't extend much beyond the imaginations of Browns' fans still aching for a Super Bowl.

I like BK. He was a good guy.

Let's not go crazy, though.

Archived