THE BROWNS BOARD

This years Superbowl

BeernBrowns

I am glad the Pack won, but i was very disappointed with the game/commercial/half-time show. It was just boring. What do you guys think?

I think that you are on crack if you think the game was boring. It lived up to the hype. You're right about he commercials/half time show. Did anyone else feel bad for Slash?

The game was fine & I agree that the commercials & halftime show were "bush league" at best.

I am a super patriotic old Vet & very much a traditionalist, so I walked out of the room while that loser butchered our National Anthem, which seems to happen more often than not at the Super Bowl. In my opinion, that song should NEVER be "stylized".

There! I have made my yearly rant.

Mike

The game was fine & I agree that the commercials & halftime show were "bush league" at best.

I am a super patriotic old Vet & very much a traditionalist, so I walked out of the room while that loser butchered our National Anthem, which seems to happen more often than not at the Super Bowl. In my opinion, that song should NEVER be "stylized".

Mike

Yup, we noticed right off Christina blew a verse on the anthem.... you're kicked off American Idol for that one... and her rendition was terrible anyway, not counting you forgot the words....

Halftime wasn't THAT bad, and I give "best commercial" to House's spoof of the Joe Green Coke commercial. Yeah, the kid Darth Vader one was cute too.....

Best commercials

. In my opinion, that song should NEVER be "stylized".

I agree TOTALLY. It would actually warm my heart if some unknown came out and invited the crowd to sing along. I'm also pretty annoyed when the Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful are sung at a tempo more suitable to a funeral.

Time to book an old rock act for next year's show again. The BEP sucked.

yea boy....no doubt. The 3000 dancing candles and robots were a bit much although i did dig on fergie gyrating to a jammin Slash. I can't think of a more unlikely artist to jam with the peas.

Guess he's gotta eat too. The PA system sounded like hell which didn't help their cause. i am not a big Bruce fan, but the peas could learn a lot about showmanship by viewing his gig at halftime a few years

past. All those dancing lights reminded me of:

This band could certainly provide onehelluva 28 minute Super Bowl halftime throwdown.

Amen!

\

The Steelers picked a really bad time to play one of their worst games of the season but I am proud of the way they handled defeat!

Nah they really are accustomed to getting favorable calls and getting away with holding and other penalties. But I knew the officials would not screw Green Bay the way they screwed The Cardinals and Seahawks. I guess they refs refused payment this time, they knew the nation would be in an uproar if they cheated like usual.

When did singing someone else's songs become halftime entertainment? I can see bad kareoke at a bar on a Tuesday night. I sure as heck don't want to see it at halftime of the suprbowl.

And yes I did feel sorry for Slash

They should never again let Christina Agulera sing the National Anthem at a sporting event! How do you f*** that one up? :lol:

Here is the good news: If you saw my Super Bowl factoid thread you will know that the only person's to be invited back to make a repeat performance of singing the Anthem at a Super Bowl are Aaron Neville and Billy Joel.

I doubt that Christina will be asked back.

Stick to doing sexy videos p.o.a.

But you know, she was chosen apparently because she is a native of Pittsburgh and of course Pittsburgh was playing in the Super Bowl.

Really?? I thought they outdid themselves with this years halftime performance.

I always try to think what people in other countries would think and this year, I thought it made the NFL look good.

Sure. The light show was great. Everything and anything that the Black Eyed Peas sang sounded like shit.

Yeah i gotta Agree Cam Diaz has gone way down hill since her earlier days, and ive never been a ARod fan hes a fag....The Black Eyed Peas were Terrible but that i saw Coming....Other than that one of my favorite SBs simply because i was at the bar at work and got to see so many Steeler fans cry and go home :)

A-Rod getting fed popcorn by his girlfriend was just wrong.

He is in danger of losing his Man Card even though it was Cam Diaz.

Just wrong.

Zombo

Some say she is now a dog. I don't agree, but, then, I'm old remember. I might be willing to let her shove popcorn in me anywhere she would like, but I would not be partial to having her do it in public.

Archived