THE BROWNS BOARD

#1 Overall pick to HOF?

The Gipper

The last overall #1 draft pick to have become a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame was Troy Aikman taken by the Cowboys in 1989. Since then, here is the list of the #1 overall draft selectees:

1990 Jeff George

1991 Russell Maryland

1992 Steve Emtman

1993 Drew Bledsoe

1994 Dan Wilkinson

1995 Ki-Jana Carter

1996 Keyshawn Johnson

1997 Orlando Pace

1998 Peyton Manning

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Michael Vick

2002 David Carr

2003 Carson Palmer

2004 Eli Manning

2005 Alex Smith

2006 Mario Williams

2007 Jamarcus Russell

2008 Jack Long

2009 Matthew Stafford

Who among these are potential Hall of Famers? I see perhaps two right now.

2010 Sam Bradford

Pace and Manning are slam dunks. Hopefully, Keyshawn Johnson won't get much consideration. He has the stats, but was nothing more than a possession receiver. Bledsoe will get a few votes someday but will never get in.

I agree about Keyshawn. Plus didn't he get sent home for half a season by his coaches? If they won't let Cris Carter in then Key shoulkd never even get a snif

The last overall #1 draft pick to have become a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame was Troy Aikman taken by the Cowboys in 1989. Since then, here is the list of the #1 overall draft selectees:

1990 Jeff George

1991 Russell Maryland

1992 Steve Emtman

1993 Drew Bledsoe

1994 Dan Wilkinson

1995 Ki-Jana Carter

1996 Keyshawn Johnson

1997 Orlando Pace

1998 Peyton Manning

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Michael Vick

2002 David Carr

2003 Carson Palmer

2004 Eli Manning

2005 Alex Smith

2006 Mario Williams

2007 Jamarcus Russell

2008 Jack Long

2009 Matthew Stafford

Who among these are potential Hall of Famers? I see perhaps two right now.

2010 Sam Bradford

Manning is in. Pace will get in. Nobody else even close, however the young guys have time to build a resume.

Zombo

Manning is in. Pace will get in. Nobody else even close, however the young guys have time to build a resume.

Zombo

LOL, the problem is- as (I forgot who said it) SOMEONE'S got to be picked first- whether they deserve it or not.

Jake Long will make it if he keeps having the kind of career he has had so far.

Obviously some of them are way too early in their careers to be able to judge.

Note that in the 15 years prior to Aikman there were 4 HOFers among the #1 overalls: Leroy Selmon, Earl Campbell, John Elway, and Bruce Smith.

Nice post Gip.

I think if Eli wins a couple of more rings he could be a candidate.

It's the only way he'll ever get it because he's not all that good. He's certainly not his brother and even he's a bit of a choke artist but he'll get in on sheer numbers alone and his one Super Bowl win. He's also a tactician. Eli is the runt of that family.

It's the only way he'll ever get it because he's not all that good. He's certainly not his brother and even he's a bit of a choke artist but he'll get in on sheer numbers alone and his one Super Bowl win. He's also a tactician. Eli is the runt of that family.

I see you cover all the bases with your thoughts as usual so if anyone disagree's with you you have a "safety valve" so you don't look like an idiot.

You said he is not all that good. I classify Good as above average. So not all that good should equal below average.

Right?

He is a choke artist and the runt of the family and will get in on sheer numbers even though he's not all that good?

But then he is a tactician?

someone who is skilled in the planning and execution of tactics. Sounds alot like some of the very top Qb's in the league.

Not the below average runt your describing.

Keep up the good work chief , at least we have a good whiping boy.

Try and follow along dip sh.it. I agree that I probably could have made that a bit more clear but I transition to Peyton for the last part. He's a choke artist but does have his one Super Bowl and his regular season stats are ridiculous. Eli has his ring but he's no Peyton. Once again could have been more clear but was it really that hard to follow? :wacko:

Who's the whipping boy again?

he just misunderstood what you said I think, made sense to me

he just misunderstood what you said I think, made sense to me

thats because you have a Stooler fan who cant keep up and when he doesnt agree or understand it...he spins things so it fits and corresponds to his world..He likes to forget hes on enemy territory here and just by his mere associtaion with all things black and urine he thinks somehow hes exempt of any or all critcism. But he forgets...he has to play by our rules...not his. Hes the guest here. He claims hes here to "get Information" and follow the AFCN wich I call BS...He claims were all here just to start threads on the Stoolers but he cant help but feel compelled to comment on every lil negative thing he reads and in his mind its somehow unjust..Lest what should he expect here?.. not to get critisized?...Whats even more funny is to watch him chase things that I or someone might throw out...you know why we doit?...Because we know he;s a sucker and he'll jump on it and to us...its just hilariouse watching him make a total ass of himself just becaus he needs to be right all of the time.

thats because you have a Stooler fan who cant keep up and when he doesnt agree or understand it...he spins things so it fits and corresponds to his world..He likes to forget hes on enemy territory here and just by his mere associtaion with all things black and urine he thinks somehow hes exempt of any or all critcism. But he forgets...he has to play by our rules...not his. Hes the guest here. He claims hes here to "get Information" and follow the AFCN wich I call BS...He claims were all here just to start threads on the Stoolers but he cant help but feel compelled to comment on every lil negative thing he reads and in his mind its somehow unjust..Lest what should he expect here?.. not to get critisized?...Whats even more funny is to watch him chase things that I or someone might throw out...you know why we doit?...Because we know he;s a sucker and he'll jump on it and to us...its just hilariouse watching him make a total ass of himself just becaus he needs to be right all of the time.

lol. I'd hate to break it to you Capt. Can't Spell but

1. You aren't that clever.

2. I'm not that gullible.

3. Idiot clearly misunderstood my post as already pointed out.

Who's dancing again?

Homo, wtf do you mean when you say half the crap you do?

follow along on what? you talk sideways, retract statements and say you meant it a whole different way than the first time. You backed one statement up with one 2 year old article.

But you said eli is not that good.

he is a choke artist and a runt.

then a tactician.

Now he puts up ridiculous numbers?

But he is no Peyton Manning?

Seriously! That's not even close to the same!

That is just the opposite of what you said.

There are 30- 31 starting qb's that aren't a Peyton M. And a ton that can't even hold his jock. That's not a shock to anyone who waches football it's a fact.

Hell you take away the steelers D and make the big fag win games with his arm like Peyton, shitsburgh is a .500 club at best.

Im not sure if you're a woman or not, most chicks talk football like you.

I guess if you get lost easy when you drive you just might wanna do a gender check

Homo, wtf do you mean when you say half the crap you do?

follow along on what? you talk sideways, retract statements and say you meant it a whole different way than the first time. You backed one statement up with one 2 year old article.

But you said eli is not that good.

he is a choke artist and a runt.

then a tactician.

Now he puts up ridiculous numbers?

But he is no Peyton Manning?

Seriously! That's not even close to the same!

That is just the opposite of what you said.

There are 30- 31 starting qb's that aren't a Peyton M. And a ton that can't even hold his jock. That's not a shock to anyone who waches football it's a fact.

Hell you take away the steelers D and make the big fag win games with his arm like Peyton, shitsburgh is a .500 club at best.

Im not sure if you're a woman or not, most chicks talk football like you.

I guess if you get lost easy when you drive you just might wanna do a gender check

lol you can't be this dumb can you? Someone that understood my first post please respond. It really wasn't that hard to follow. Do you need bullet points?

lol. I'd hate to break it to you Capt. Can't Spell but

1. You aren't that clever.

2. I'm not that gullible.

3. Idiot clearly misunderstood my post as already pointed out.

Who's dancing again?

1. Im not trying to be clever but, you are and failing miserably at it.

2. Yes,you are that guillible.

3. no one misunderstood anything but you but,whatver..

I dont dance My knees are shot...

1. Im not trying to be clever but, you are and failing miserably at it.

2. Yes,you are that guillible.

3. no one misunderstood anything but you but,whatver..

I dont dance My knees are shot...

Is this a keep up the "idiot charade" or what? My initial post was not confusing. I mentioned Eli and clearly transitioned to Peyton. Erie Dawg still couldn't grasp the concept and now twice tried to make a point where a point couldn't be made. He clearly misunderstood my initial post and continues to lack the ability to comprehend that same post. Quit trying to be cute Nickers. You sir fail miserably at it.

Is this a keep up the "idiot charade" or what? My initial post was not confusing. I mentioned Eli and clearly transitioned to Peyton. Erie Dawg still couldn't grasp the concept and now twice tried to make a point where a point couldn't be made. He clearly misunderstood my initial post and continues to lack the ability to comprehend that same post. Quit trying to be cute Nickers. You sir fail miserably at it.

Ok we get it your scouting abilities are bar none and you have an impeccable eye for talent.

And we all now know that Eli is not as good as Peyton. Brilliant!

Keep up the good work, I see a coaching job in your future.

Ok we get it your scouting abilities are bar none and you have an impeccable eye for talent.

And we all now know that Eli is not as good as Peyton. Brilliant!

Keep up the good work, I see a coaching job in your future.

Hey I wasn't the one that COMPLETELY missed the point and made two posts after the fact completely missing the point twice more. It was a pretty glaring display of your lack of reading comprehension. I also don't believe Eli Manning is all that good and will always be overshadowed by is Brother and father. I'll be surprised if he gets in to the Hall and if he does it won't be first ballot.

Yeah until you told me and the rest of the forum we had no idea Peyton was so good.

Since you know so much is it true he is going to be the highest paid qb?

What are you talking about? Peyton is a tactician but he's also a choke artist that throws his teammates under the bus when things go wrong. I believe I said his brother (Peyton) is a hall of fame lock because of his ridiculous regular season stats and he did finally get a ring. However he's far from a lock in the playoffs. You really do get lost in these conversations don't you?

What are you talking about? Peyton is a tactician but he's also a choke artist that throws his teammates under the bus when things go wrong. I believe I said his brother is a hall of fame lock because of his ridiculous regular season stats and he did finally get a ring. However he's far from a lock in the playoffs. You really do get lost in these conversations don't you?

LOL

Archived