THE BROWNS BOARD

#1 Overall pick to HOF?

The Gipper

LOL

I know it's hard for you to grasp so I'll break it down.

1. Eli was mentioned as a "maybe" and I suggested that he likely isn't unless he adds a few more Super Bowls. I really don't think he's all that good.

2. I then transitioned to his brother Peyton and said he'll get in because of his ridiculous regular season stats and finally getting the one Super Bowl.

3. Apparently you weren't capable of deducing the difference so you lumped it all together like I intentionally contradicted myself. All of which points directly to your complete lack of reading comprehension. You didn't do very well on your SAT, ACT did you?

I did edit the post you quoted. I posted from my droid and didn't specify (Peyton) for the last portion.

I know it's hard for you to grasp so I'll break it down.

1. Eli was mentioned as a "maybe" and I suggested that he likely isn't unless he adds a few more Super Bowls. I really don't think he's all that good.

2. I then transitioned to his brother Peyton and said he'll get in because of his ridiculous regular season stats and finally getting the one Super Bowl.

3. Apparently you weren't capable of deducing the difference so you lumped it all together like I intentionally contradicted myself. All of which points directly to your complete lack of reading comprehension. You didn't do very well on your SAT, ACT did you?

LMFAO!

LMFAO!

And now he'll troll obnoxiously because he knows he looks like a moron. I love this game. Sooooo I'll post something you can chase it with LMAO or similar. How long do you want to keep this up? I can check back to the thread periodically. We'll bolster your post count. You can practice your laugh acronyms.

And now he'll troll obnoxiously because he knows he looks like a moron. I love this game. Sooooo I'll post something you can chase it with LMAO or similar. How long do you want to keep this up? I can check back to the thread periodically. We'll bolster your post count. You can practice your laugh acronyms.

Yeah something like that.......

The last overall #1 draft pick to have become a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame was Troy Aikman taken by the Cowboys in 1989. Since then, here is the list of the #1 overall draft selectees:

1990 Jeff George

1991 Russell Maryland

1992 Steve Emtman

1993 Drew Bledsoe

1994 Dan Wilkinson

1995 Ki-Jana Carter

1996 Keyshawn Johnson

1997 Orlando Pace

1998 Peyton Manning

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Michael Vick

2002 David Carr

2003 Carson Palmer

2004 Eli Manning

2005 Alex Smith

2006 Mario Williams

2007 Jamarcus Russell

2008 Jack Long

2009 Matthew Stafford

Who among these are potential Hall of Famers? I see perhaps two right now.

2010 Sam Bradford

This shows you haw the "experts" ovverate and what their measure is of great.

1990) george: great arm no heart

1991) maryland: decent but you expect more

1992) Entemen: injury plauged

1993) Bledsoe: all arm, never could read defenses well

1994) Wilkenson: no motivation a total bust

1995) kijana carter: injury pron1996: Keyshawn Johnson Mr. me thought he was twice as good as reality

1997) Orlando pace: solid player sometimes a top player

1998) peyton manning, sure wish he was thwere in 1999 HOF career

1999) Couch: clark decide to make a guy who NEVER HAD A COLLEGE PLAYBOOK his #1 pick at QB

waited 5 years until it was painfully obvious the guy did not have a clue reading defenses.

200) Cournet" looks like tarzan plays like Jane" Brown: Mr. Glass

2001) mike Vick) did Atlanta a favor by screwing up as now they have a real QB

2002) david carr: was highway wreckage fast

2003) carson Palmer: never the same after he was kimo Van Olhoffened

2004) Eli manning: the lesser manning has his moments

2005) Alex smith: time has run out in SF

2006) mario Williams: super mario plays well

2007) Jemarcus Russel: Opie(Phil Savage) was so hot for this guy I thanked God the raiders were more stupid

2008) Jake Long?

2009) matt Stafford: mr glass get injured an awful lot

2010) Bradford: A hit

It absolutely killed the browns to whiff every year with the top pick, especially since we drafted so high.

Coach and brown were horrible busts. Then Gerard warren and we bypass Thomlinson, and Winslow decides to play Evil Knevil,

William druggie green, and Jeff injury faine, then braylon "oops" edwards..only Joe Thomss in the entire decade was any good.

This shows you haw the "experts" ovverate and what their measure is of great.

1990) george: great arm no heart

1991) maryland: decent but you expect more

1992) Entemen: injury plauged

1993) Bledsoe: all arm, never could read defenses well

1994) Wilkenson: no motivation a total bust

1995) kijana carter: injury pron1996: Keyshawn Johnson Mr. me thought he was twice as good as reality

1997) Orlando pace: solid player sometimes a top player

1998) peyton manning, sure wish he was thwere in 1999 HOF career

1999) Couch: clark decide to make a guy who NEVER HAD A COLLEGE PLAYBOOK his #1 pick at QB

waited 5 years until it was painfully obvious the guy did not have a clue reading defenses.

200) Cournet" looks like tarzan plays like Jane" Brown: Mr. Glass

2001) mike Vick) did Atlanta a favor by screwing up as now they have a real QB

2002) david carr: was highway wreckage fast

2003) carson Palmer: never the same after he was kimo Van Olhoffened

2004) Eli manning: the lesser manning has his moments

2005) Alex smith: time has run out in SF

2006) mario Williams: super mario plays well

2007) Jemarcus Russel: Opie(Phil Savage) was so hot for this guy I thanked God the raiders were more stupid

2008) Jake Long?

2009) matt Stafford: mr glass get injured an awful lot

2010) Bradford: A hit

It absolutely killed the browns to whiff every year with the top pick, especially since we drafted so high.

Coach and brown were horrible busts. Then Gerard warren and we bypass Thomlinson, and Winslow decides to play Evil Knevil,

William druggie green, and Jeff injury faine, then braylon "oops" edwards..only Joe Thomss in the entire decade was any good.

I disagree with you on Couch. Couch actually did quite well for being the first player taken on what was a paper team.

He took them from a paper team to a playoffs in what? 4 years. That is pretty good. And the team never, ever, never put any kind of offensive line in front of him. Had this guy had a Joe Thomas, Steinbach, and Alex Mack in front of him, players who could actually block, no telling how good he may have been. His record was 3-4 against the Steelers, and he led the team to the playoffs. No one else has been much better since. The downfall of his career were major shoulder injuries, not an inability to read defenses.

I disagree with you on Couch. Couch actually did quite well for being the first player taken on what was a paper team.

He took them from a paper team to a playoffs in what? 4 years. That is pretty good. And the team never, ever, never put any kind of offensive line in front of him. Had this guy had a Joe Thomas, Steinbach, and Alex Mack in front of him, players who could actually block, no telling how good he may have been. His record was 3-4 against the Steelers, and he led the team to the playoffs. No one else has been much better since. The downfall of his career were major shoulder injuries, not an inability to read defenses

Completely agree on couch. He was rushed under center and had nothing around him. If they handled him better and put more of a offfense around him he'd still be the quarterback of the browns.

He took them from a paper team to a playoffs in what? 4 years. That is pretty good. And the team never, ever, never put any kind of offensive line in front of him. Had this guy had a Joe Thomas, Steinbach, and Alex Mack in front of him, players who could actually block, no telling how good he may have been. His record was 3-4 against the Steelers, and he led the team to the playoffs. No one else has been much better since. The downfall of his career were major shoulder injuries, not an inability to read defenses

I agree the line in front of Couch stunk and I agree that is vital to a QB yet Couch could never string enough good games to ever be consistent.

He could not read defenses and would go into brain lock with any blitz and eventually lost his job to weak armed but stronger minded kelly Holcomb.

Couch was a failure yet with the horrid way we stocked talent around him I agree we will never know if he could have at least been decent.

I agree the line in front of Couch stunk and I agree that is vital to a QB yet Couch could never string enough good games to ever be consistent.

He could not read defenses and would go into brain lock with any blitz and eventually lost his job to weak armed but stronger minded kelly Holcomb.

Couch was a failure yet with the horrid way we stocked talent around him I agree we will never know if he could have at least been decent.

Holcomb was far from weak armed...in fact he had a howitzer for an arm...His problem was the same as couch's...they were both inconsistent..Couch's problem was he came from the Hal Mumme school of offense wich was basically a "hit the guy by the blue pontiac" offense...it was total playground football.

Again, I disagree with this. I don't think Couch went into brain lock at any blitz, its just that the kid may have eventually become shell shocked from all the hammering he took from the lack of any pass protection. No player in history has probably been sacked more regularly and hit more regularly than Couch, and it eventually caught up to him with injuries.

I also think the situation with him and Holcomb was the other way around. Holcomb had by far the stronger arm but the weaker brain. Holcomb was Derek Anderson before Derek Anderson.

Couch was a failure yet

Again, I don't consider him a failure. Did he win a Super Bowl? No. But he was a playoff caliber QB...and I think the Browns could use one of those about now.

with the horrid way we stocked talent around him I agree we will never know if he could have at least been decent.

At least we agree here.

Archived