THE BROWNS BOARD

I can't believe Julio Jones isn't being considered for our first round pick

dawgpound3

Julio fixed his catching problem last season. His coaches noticed that he was always looking to run before he caught the ball. Last year, he changed a lot. Became a heck of a lot more consistent with catching.

Thats not true. Where did you get this?

We must not have been watching the same Alabama games. He's an average catcher at best, a great strider as opposed to a quick one, imo. He'd be a great pickup as a 13+ pick, definitely not at #6.

We must not have been watching the same Alabama games. He's an average catcher at best, a great strider as opposed to a quick one, imo. He'd be a great pickup as a 13+ pick, definitely not at #6.

If we want Julio Jones, then that's who we'll get but we have to get him before the rams do...

For the guy who said sanz was not quick he posted the second fastest 3 cone drill and 3rd fastest 20 yard shuttle. While I agree he is not fast he is a quick shifty route runner. I'm not saying the browns should draft him but I think whoever gets him in the later rounds will get a heck of a football player.

i keep hearing julio has catching issues. i don't think the browns would pick him at #6. at #6 the browns need an impact player and not some inconsistent wr.

I realize these are just combine stats, but he looks like a freak athlete and should climb many boards, and definitely fills that homerun hitter role Heckert mentioned. I would not be disappointed with him.

I dont think his hands are anything to be overly concerned about, I believe he played the first half of the year (if not the whole year) with a hurt hand. The kid is a class act and great character. He may remind you of Braylon, but Julio loves the game and is a great character.

I realize these are just combine stats, but he looks like a freak athlete and should climb many boards, and definitely fills that homerun hitter role Heckert mentioned. I would not be disappointed with him.

I dont think his hands are anything to be overly concerned about, I believe he played the first half of the year (if not the whole year) with a hurt hand. The kid is a class act and great character. He may remind you of Braylon, but Julio loves the game and is a great character.

I could make a huge argument that begins with the premise of "game speed vs. combine speed". AJ Green is quicker (and far superior hands) and more shiftier than Julio in pads.

Trust me on that.

Even after all of this, i'd take AJ Green over Julio Jones every day of the week. Unless Patrick Peterson is still there ;)

Green is defentily the more surperior WR over Jones, he may not post a great 40 time but he is a great route runner and will catch anything thrown his way, also as someone already mentioned he is game fast he will not be caught from behind..

This is not a knock on Julio i think he is a great reciever and will be a good pro in the NFL as well, im just saying if i had to choose id take Green over Jones....Also i had Dez Bryant rated pretty high last year id put Green on about the same grade as him, Jones slightly behind...

I like Blackmon graded higher than Jones as well

Green is defentily the more surperior WR over Jones, he may not post a great 40 time but he is a great route runner and will catch anything thrown his way, also as someone already mentioned he is game fast he will not be caught from behind.

after all of the reading i've done, i want the browns to pick aj if he's still there at #6.

I could make a huge argument that begins with the premise of "game speed vs. combine speed". AJ Green is quicker (and far superior hands) and more shiftier than Julio in pads.

Trust me on that.

Even after all of this, i'd take AJ Green over Julio Jones every day of the week. Unless Patrick Peterson is still there ;)

Oh, I completely agree. I just think that after a performance such as the one Julio had, if Green is off the board, Julio has made a good case to potentially be our pick.

BTW, I completely agree that I want Patrick Peterson too, he is my No2 option behind Green, based on need pretty much. They are a 1a and 1b. I would be extremely excited for either of them, but I may question the Peterson pick more if Green is there because we're a little better at CB than we are at WR. Also I would have to see who we would grab in round 2, if it is Torrey Smith or something, than I dont think I would question the Peterson pick at all.

Archived