THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Do You Like With The Second Pick?

Nw220

Okay we've gone on and on about who we'd like to see in the first round, but we really havent address the Second nearly as much..Which leads me to ask who would you like to see us take in the 2nd Round spot?

Ill start out by saying i got ethier Green or Peterson in the First Round

Then in the Second i like Stephen Paea out Oregon St. Dt, he would be a nice addition up front next to Rubin and really shore up that Run D...Something we need in this division

Also i like Cam Heyward if he were to fall id let him stick to his Normal DE poistion and i think you get great Value for him here...

Brooks Reed DE Arizona If he falls to us he would be a great player for us, i mean his game tape is unbelievable and he reminds alot of people of Clay Matthews i wouldnt go that far but he would be a nice addition to the D-Line,and plays with an exteremly high motor

Adrian Clayborn theres rumors hes gonna fall into the Second Round with all character issues aside he could be one of the best players in this draft, and his talent plus the need at the poistion may make a good selection..

Sleeper 2nd round pick Rahim Moore Saftey outta Ucla, i know its not a glaring need like others are but i really like the guy alot reminds me of poor mans Ed Reed...And would be perfect next to Ward whos more of the Enforcer he could slide to SS and let Moore play the FS..Also think about that Secondary Haden,Ward,Peterson and Moore that would easily be the best in a long time you couldnt ask for much more

So let me know who you like and why?? Thanks, Cant wait for the draft to start its gonna be very intersting Go Browns

safe money would put us at DE or DT at that spot to hopefully find someone to shore up the position a little bit. With the depth of that position in this years draft, I can hope Heckert and company knows the right one to take there. Heyward wouldn't be a reach at all at that position but I almost guarantee he'll be gone late 1st.

Other possibilities I see are WR if we don't land Green/Jones in the first, but I'm not sure if any of the WR's there are worth the pick. To be honest though, I haven't vested nearly as much into this draft as others.

My first pick would be Reed out of Arizona, but there is really only a 25% chance he falls to us (would also like to look at the DE that played across from his too, but I don't know what round he is supposed to go in). People are saying this guy is supposed to be a strict OLB in a 3-4, but his is 265 and played his entire career in Arizona coming out of a stance so it should be to hard for him to play DE in a 4-3.

My next picks would be Sheard DE from Pitt, or Heyward/Paea. Sheard did a good job at Pitt taking over for Romeus (would would be a good pick in the 4th or 5th) and could start right away. Heckert said that if he drafted Heyward that he would play under DT (over the guards outside shoulder) because of his size. Paea would probably play the same spot since Rubin is still over DT (over the Centers shoulder) but he would end up being more of a run stopper.

I dont think Justin Houston will be there in the Early 2nd but theres a chance he could be, also im not quite sold on him i dont know hes had great production in the SEC but alot of people ive talked to say he may be a one year wonder...We'll see

Id like Paea in the 2nd the most,i just dont see any WRs that i really want in the 2nd,we've already built this team around 2s and 3s and anybody we grab in the 2nd is gonna be a 2 at best in the NFL...

Rahim Moore would be my ultimate sleeper pick because he would allow Ward to Move to SS were he'd be better and Moore could play the Coverage on the FS position...Anyone who grabs him in the 2nd i think will get one of the great steals in this draft

I dont think Justin Houston will be there in the Early 2nd but theres a chance he could be, also im not quite sold on him i dont know hes had great production in the SEC but alot of people ive talked to say he may be a one year wonder...We'll see

Id like Paea in the 2nd the most,i just dont see any WRs that i really want in the 2nd,we've already built this team around 2s and 3s and anybody we grab in the 2nd is gonna be a 2 at best in the NFL...

Rahim Moore would be my ultimate sleeper pick because he would allow Ward to Move to SS were he'd be better and Moore could play the Coverage on the FS position...Anyone who grabs him in the 2nd i think will get one of the great steals in this draft

I like Houston. He actually played DE in Georgia's old 4-3 before they got a new coach who switched their defense to 3-4.

Please no to Hankerson, believe me i live in South Florida and have watched alot of UM games and he has terrible hands...I mean he makes alot of big plays and has the size but he has drops that will make people really remember Braylon Edwards alot...I have nothing agasnt him its just everytime i got to watch them play he dropped a perfectly thrown ball that could have gone for a 1st down..

Jerrel Jernigan.. perfect fit for our WCO

He is and im hoping he slides to round 3 and we could grab him there, right now hes projected to go late 2nd to Atlanta, if they get Torrey Smith in the first like ive seen alot, id love to have him in the 3rd i just thinks hes a reach at a high 2nd when theres so many d-lineman rated round 1 talent that will still be around for us to grab

He is and im hoping he slides to round 3 and we could grab him there, right now hes projected to go late 2nd to Atlanta, if they get Torrey Smith in the first like ive seen alot, id love to have him in the 3rd i just thinks hes a reach at a high 2nd when theres so many d-lineman rated round 1 talent that will still be around for us to grab

He's not slipping to the 3rd.. he's as good as gone if he slides to 59 to atl.. their extremely high on him.. he wud be a slight reach at 37 but hey tj ward was a reach too and u see how that turned out

He's not slipping to the 3rd.. he's as good as gone if he slides to 59 to atl.. their extremely high on him.. he wud be a slight reach at 37 but hey tj ward was a reach too and u see how that turned out

Agreed but i like the D line prospects like Paea,Reed,Clayborn or Heyward over Jernigan but outta all the recievers not named Green i like him the best for are offense...Yeah but if ATL gets Torrey Smith in the 1st they wont take him in the 2nd, which he could be a steal in the 3rd..

I like in the 3rd Marcus Gilbert RT outta Florida in the 3rd and in the Fourth i want Casey Matthews,unless Jernigan is there id have him as well...

But if there really sold on Jernigan in the 2nd why not trade down say middle of round 2 and then grab him he will still be there and we could add more picks,just a thought

Maybe the Bengals, Raiders or squeelers. Marvin Austin is hot/cold, inconsistent. Lacks instincts, can be slow to locate...doesn't play with good leverage, handled by double teams,

and POOR CHARACTER.

Nope. I like Wilkerson and Paea a ton better

Maybe the Bengals, Raiders or squeelers. Marvin Austin is hot/cold, inconsistent. Lacks instincts, can be slow to locate...doesn't play with good leverage, handled by double teams,

and POOR CHARACTER.

No way Wilkerson falls as he has been climbing. Paea and Austin are about the same. I would love Wilkerson and I am indifferent on the other two, but would rather have Paea as he played last year, but Austin has had a good offseason.

Where's Romeo Crennel when you need a coin flip?

and POOR CHARACTER.

I don't know about the "poor character". I saw the ESPN piece on him. The ONLY thing he did was to take "extra benefits" from an agent....and get caught. I suggest that there isn't a person who will be drafted this year that didn't take some kind of extra benefit from an agent. His mistake was in being stupid and posting photos of the party he went to in Miami held by the agent.

If being dumb in that manner is a reason not to take him, and if those other reasons you cite are reasons to pass, so be it. But I don't know about the character issue.

Ive watched tape on both Austin and Paea, granted the tape of Austin is from 2009 but still i perfer Paea alot more than Austin...I even wouldnt mind say Drake Nevis in the 3rd hes a little short but his quick burst and gets in the backfeild really quick and would be perfect next to Rubin,as would Paea

Well, this thread needed a bump, so have at it.

NFL Rankings on who's left

The Patriots, Bills, Bengals, and Broncos pick ahead of Cleveland. If Belichick & Co. pass on Bowers, I'd suggest we do the same. Still plenty of decent talent to be had if we stay put.

Perusing the list, Justin Houston (could bulk up to play 4-3 DE), Akeem Ayers, Rahim Moore, and Steaven Pea stand out as possibilities on D, and the reviews on Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss looked like fits @ wr. Orlando Franklin is still there and is the highest rated RT still to be had.

If I was forced to bet, I'd put my $$ on the Browns going D again with the high second rounder, and hoping one of the wrs falls to the 27th pick in the 2nd.

We won't touch Austin if Pea is still on the board, and Jernigan lacks the height to be a true #1 WR. We already have a couple of #2 wideouts on the roster.

I feel like Ayers is going to NE. Bills and Bengals will select a QB. Broncos i could see going with Kyle Rudolph out of Notre Dame. And then we get to us at #37. Heckert spoke highly of Bowers once again last night in the press conference so ill say we take Bowers at #37

Hankerson would be a nice pick-up... as would Torrey Smith

Aaron Williams (Texas CB) 2nd Rd or Chimdi Chekwa in the 3rd would also be nice.

Williams would be my pick, if Bowers is not there. I say give NE our first next year "Atlanta" then get the 2 2nd round NE picks, plus a 3rd.

My pig board so far is Bowers and a tie between Brooks Reed and Williams. I am honestly surprised that the Steelers did not go for Williams. Seems like the smarter pick. Heyward is going to be stuck as a back up for at least two years and there is always the chance his elbow never heals right, while at least Williams would have been the starting Nickle CB if they did end up resigning Taylor.

After those 3 guys it's Bailey and Harris from Miami with the pick. (Really could be CB with this pick considering all that there is alot of first round talent still on the board as just like DE). If we don't go DE with our first second round pick then expect us to go that way with our second one. If we go DE with the first then our second will more than likely be between a CB and a WR.

Well, this thread needed a bump, so have at it.

NFL Rankings on who's left

The Patriots, Bills, Bengals, and Broncos pick ahead of Cleveland. If Belichick & Co. pass on Bowers, I'd suggest we do the same. Still plenty of decent talent to be had if we stay put.

Perusing the list, Justin Houston (could bulk up to play 4-3 DE), Akeem Ayers, Rahim Moore, and Steaven Pea stand out as possibilities on D, and the reviews on Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss looked like fits @ wr. Orlando Franklin is still there and is the highest rated RT still to be had.

If I was forced to bet, I'd put my $$ on the Browns going D again with the high second rounder, and hoping one of the wrs falls to the 27th pick in the 2nd.

We won't touch Austin if Pea is still on the board, and Jernigan lacks the height to be a true #1 WR. We already have a couple of #2 wideouts on the roster.

With the selection of Taylor, I doubt seriously that Browns will take another DT like Paea.

Of course, there is NO way of telling who they have high on their draft board..but note, just like last year with Colt McCoy the Browns may be willing to take a chance on a player they thought had fallen, so it is not out of the realm of possibility they could go Bowers.

DE is a serious need, and what I have heard is that Bowers is a prototypical 4-3 DE....as long as he stays healthy.

I think we're probably gonna get Bowers, most of the teams that pick ahead of us in the 2nd are 3-4 teams, although I think the Broncos might grab him.

I'd be happy to get him and Williams the CB from Texas, or the best available WR. But I have a feeling we're not going to take any WRs because of Holmgren's belief that the previous coaching staff didn't "utlize them enough". I really feel like Massaquoi would be a much better player as a #2, he just doesn't seem like a #1 WR in any shape or form. If we had a true #1 WR, it would make our current WRs benefit so much more, Robo would benefit as the #3 a lot as well.

Please no bowers! There is a reason why he is getting passed up..

I love what we have done so far.. I would like to see some more safe, quality picks. We need to get guys who will be on our roster not ir..

Bowers knee is bone on bone. People think he is best value, but he is a reach.

Please no bowers! There is a reason why he is getting passed up..

I love what we have done so far.. I would like to see some more safe, quality picks. We need to get guys who will be on our roster not ir..

Bowers knee is bone on bone. People think he is best value, but he is a reach.

He is Montario Hardesty or Kris Jenkins... Potential... but it is a foregone conclusion that he will get injured more often than he will play.

I want to believe in him but I agree, he is a reach.

Archived