THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Organizes Workouts In Atx With Teammates

SJ_Browns

You can tell Holmgren wants to have all the doors open and have everyone in the building getting work done. As soon as he heard the lockout was lifted he said that it was great news and he was happy, but then they get stuck telling players no. I feel like since they already got fined, that they are scared if they get into trouble again that they could lose a draft pick next year. At the same time I could see them having the doors open today and have the players talking to coaches and working out.

that could be a factor in the browns decision. but i wonder if it is because they are appeling the fine and they did talk to a high ranking person in the nfl to make sure they were able to give colt the playbook, etc. the way i see it, the browns or any other team couldn't get into trouble becuse they have the law on their side. the lockout was lifted and the giants are doing just fine. i dunno, i'm just guessing. maybe better safe than sorry?

i'll be glad when this crap is over. from what they've said on espn this should be decided on atleast by next week. the nfl have until 6 pm today to present a valid reason for why the nfl shouldn't be open for business now. if she isn't satisfied with their answer then the lockout stays in place. the nfl then can present their case to the 8th circuit and they'll make a ruling on it by next week. from what one analyst said on espn, the nfl better come with something new because nobody is buying their present case. the nfl also made themselves look real bad with the tv revenue fiasco. that's not helping the nfl's cause.

I heard a guy talk about the player's union - he said on the NFL channel, that the union

doesn't like the NFL draft.

I think it's another case of a union going berserk and power hungry, to the possible ruin

of another element of our businesses in our country.

I don't believe it's mostly about revenues, or that could have been decided

long ago. It's been two years, right?

The NFL players ought to ell the union to back off the stupid stuff, it's that's true.

I heard a guy talk about the player's union - he said on the NFL channel, that the union

doesn't like the NFL draft.

I think it's another case of a union going berserk and power hungry, to the possible ruin

of another element of our businesses in our country.

I don't believe it's mostly about revenues, or that could have been decided

long ago. It's been two years, right?

The NFL players ought to ell the union to back off the stupid stuff, it's that's true.

What this was about is the "Shotgun" approach to litigation. You throw everything possibly allegeble into the pleadings, and in an antitrust suit you allege anything that might constitute a restraint of trade. The fact is that the NFL Draft IS a restraint of trade. The only reason it is allowed is because of the Act of Congress that allows it and the collective bargaining agreement that allows it. In reality, why should the players coming out of college be restricted to having their rights belong to 1 single team, a team they perhaps want no part of.

The fact of course is that no one believes the draft is going to go away. The allegations about the illicity of the draft under antitrust law is simply leverage. Leverage in the litigation, leverage in the collective bargaining.

I have heard some commentators say that, in reality, in all sports, every single player should be a free agent every single year. That way, the owners would ONLY have to pay them for their performance on a year to year basis. You have a good year, you get good money the following year. You have a bad year, you get little or nothing. You get injured? Too bad. You have to prove yourself again after your injury if you want paid again.

nice to see colt stepping up. we'll see how it works out when/if the season starts. every year im pumped to see the season start, now more than ever.

My hats off to McCoy, great to see him show leadership during all this mess with the NFL. His second year and he's comming out of the gate as our No. 1 QB. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder about being pulled and the back and forth crap we indured the last few years. You Rock Colt!

Archived