4. CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)

5. WR/KR Randall Cob, Kentucky

6. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA

7. DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

8. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida

9. OT/G Will Rackley, LeHigh

10. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

What is on your wishlist tomorrow?

I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

what about reed ? i think hes good

Forgot about him. Hes on the big board

Titus Young with the early 2nd.....

Wouldn't be disappointed with this pick.

I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. Is the sun too close to Berea? Cuz it seems everyone there is BLIND!

I felt the same, but if you look at what we did, we moved up and traded out of the 3rd round... Leaving two picks in the 2nd round and ZERO in the third.

That tells me they have some plans to either move up in the first 2 or 3 picks today OR they are going to fill more needs...

I want bowers with the first pick in the round. than hopefully a WR or a linebacker

My big board for day 2....

1. Akeem Ayers (OLB)

2. Da'Quan Bowers (DT/DE) - His knee scares the hell out of me, but he was a Top 15 prospect and we need to fill up that 4-3 Dline

3. Aaron Williams (Missed out on Patrick Peterson, would love to see us get a CB/S to help a porous secondary)

4. Torrey Smith (At this point, WRs are almost a dime a dozen... He is the best availble IMO.

5. DeMarco Murray (Gotta Prep for the Curse) - I know we have Hillis, but fact is that the AFC North is HELL for HBs and the Browns need depth. He has speed as well.

6. Titus Young - A possible 'steal' if his playmaking ability pays off.

6a. Casey Matthews (MLB) - The name says it all.. For the love of god, get someone to replace D'Qwell "I'm Broken" Jackson

7. Leonard Hankerson - The guy has stone hands at times, but had nice flashes against the Bucks.

8. Edmund Gates (WR) - 4.31 40 - finally a FAST guy... unless he gets broken in half.

FREE AGENTS/TRADE BAIT

Randy Moss - Give him a front loaded 2 year deal... cut him if he goes into 'Oakland Mode'

Steve Smith - He is a veteran with proven ability and his long-time QB is a back-up here... maybe he could be talked into coming?

Vincent Jackson - Talent is obvious... the rest, not so much

Nnamdi Asomugha - We have money, spend it on the best DB out there and we are scary to pass against from a secondary perspective.

Barrett Ruud - Don't know if he was re-signed but the dude is like a defensive Peyton Hillis

Would not be upset with any combo of Bowers and Smith/Young/Hankerson. I would like to see Matthews here too but we need to fill some other holes more than MLB. And we don't even know when or how long a free agency will be this year...if there is free agency and who will be available as a FA. Can't depend on FA to fill those holes.

Right now I really think that we take either Williams for Harris first. Both could have easily went in the first round (Williams should have been gone at 31 with the Steelers). I like them both. Williams has really good size and can play both corner and safety, plus he is a Colt McCoy teammate and should like player here because of that. Harris was the 2nd rated CB behind Peterson in their recruiting class. Still managed to have a good college career while people are saying he was improperly coached at Miami and could explode with the right coach in the NFL (how about the guy that coached both Joe Haden and TJ Ward last year). After that I think we take a DE with the second pick in the 2nd round. Bailey or Acho, maybe Houston if he keeps falling. We won't look at WR until round 4 or 5.

Here is the draft order for Day 2 at this point:

1.New England

2.Buffalo

3.Cincinnati

4.Denver Broncos

5.Cleveland Brown

6.Arizona Cardinals

7.Tennessee Titans

8.Dallas Cowboys

9.Washington Redskins

10.Houston Texans

11.Minnesota Vikings

12.Detroit Lions

13.San Francisco 49ers

14.Denver Broncos

15.St. Louis Rams

16.Oakland Raiders

17.Washington Redskins

18.San Diego Chargers

19.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20.NY Giants

21.Indianapolis Colts

22.Philadelphia Eagles

23.Kansas City Chiefs

24.New Orleans Saints

25.Seattle Seahawks

26.Baltimore Ravens

27.Cleveland Browns

28.New England Patriots

29.San Diego Chargers

30.Chicago Bears

31.Pittsburgh Steelers

32.Green Bay Packers

And here is a list of the top 32 prospects left per one draft service, in order:

DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson

Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

Brook Reed LB Arizona

Stephen Paea DT Ore. St.

Justin Houston DE Georgia

Torrey Smith WR Maryland

Aaron Williams CB Texas

Brandon Harris CB Miami

Mike LeShoure RB Illinois

Raheem Moore S UCLA

Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

Rodney Hudson C FSU

Allen Bailey DE Miami

Bruce Carter LB North Carolina

Drake Nevis DT LSU

Andy Dalton QB TCU

Benjamin Ijalana OT/G Villanova

Sam Acho DE Texas

Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

Randall Cobb WR Kentucky

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami

Christian Ballard DE Iowa

Marvin Austen DT North Carolina

Titus Young WR Boise

Curtis Brown CB Texas

DaVon House CB New Mexico

Jurrell Casey DT USC

Dontay Moch DE Nevada

Ryan Williams RB Va. Tech

Quan Sturdivant CB NC

Stefan Wisniewiski C Penn St.

I would really love for the Brownies to roll the dice on Bowers. If the dude is healthy and can play he could be an absolute beast and a true playmaker on defense (which we desperately need)I would even go as far as trading the Falcons first and a fourth (either this yr or next yr) to get that first pick in the second. We could grab Bowers, A CB, and BPA at the end of the second. I am fine with grabbing Greg Little as a WR later on as I think that kid is going to be a beast.

If you watch the Heckert/Shurmer post draft presser on Clevelandbrowns.com Heckert says that he isn't to concerned about Bowers injury ... just saying. I'm normally a fan of the safe pick ... but my gut is really hoping we roll the dice and grab Bowers. I would prefer to move Atlanta's first rounder to the Pats (if we can) so we can also have 2 more second rounders w Bowers. I think realistically if we could pull that off it will give us a big enough face lift to really compete next year.

If you watch the Heckert/Shurmer post draft presser on Clevelandbrowns.com Heckert says that he isn't to concerned about Bowers injury ... just saying. I'm normally a fan of the safe pick ... but my gut is really hoping we roll the dice and grab Bowers. I would prefer to move Atlanta's first rounder to the Pats (if we can) so we can also have 2 more second rounders w Bowers. I think realistically if we could pull that off it will give us a big enough face lift to really compete next year.

I totally agree. If we can get Bowers with that pick and then nab a wr and either a CB or RT all in the 2nd round, then giving up that 1st from the falcons well worth it.

I would really love us to try and trade to get the Pats pick and grab Bowers. He was a top 5 talent. No need to let him slide to a division rival.

I wouldn't- at this point it would cost too much to move up a few slots. Oh well, that third round pick we traded away would have come in really handy about now, but who in their right mind would have thought Bowers would still be on the board in the second round?

And just like the Brady Quinn fiasco, there HAS to be a reason every team with a first round pick passed on the guy yesterday.

Hmmmmm...... Heckert had no problems rolling the dice on injury risks last year (Ward & Hardesty) so maybe that will be the pick, if he's still on the board.

PS- I'm still looking for the Bengals to take a qb- regardless if the Bills take Dalton or not. The Pats and Broncos probably will go BPA on D with their picks, so little chance of Bowers still being there when the Browns pick.

My choices? Houston for DE, and Smith @ wr.

I don't think we will take Bowers, not because of his injury, but because he is not a prototypical DE for our 4-3. Especially now that we have taken Taylor, I think BOTH of our DE's are going to have to be lighter and faster ends. I look for us to take Reed or Sheard at DE in that first 2nd round pick, or we go DB. Two possible DE's with the second pick in the 2nd would be Acho and Bailey.

DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson

Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

Aaron Williams CB Texas

Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

Brook Reed LB Arizona

Raheem Moore S UCLA

Torrey Smith WR Maryland

Brandon Harris CB Miami

Titus Young WR Boise

There's my big board in order...I like Bowers alot. I like Dowling and Williams over B.Harris. I think going CB early round 2 is the way to go. You can Never have enough talent in the defensive backfield.

My Big Board for tomorrow looks like this:

1. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

2. WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

3. WR Titus Young, Boise State

4. CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)

5. WR/KR Randall Cob, Kentucky

6. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA

7. DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

8. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida

9. OT/G Will Rackley, LeHigh

10. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

What is on your wishlist tomorrow?

If people who touch the ball stink you will never be better than losing..........................we stink on roster with people who touch the ball.........I thought Holmgren and Heckert understood this.........maybe I hope not they are just another succession of buffoonery pandering the Dawg Pound stupidity

I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.

Archived