THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little Wr A Beast That Can Yac!

ITHIKA

He played some RB in his freshmen year before going to WR. The guy is suited for the West Coast offense but does have character concerns. All in all a beast of an athlete though.

LOVE THE Greg Little pick! He reminds me of a Terrell Owens, or a Braylon Edwards WITH BETTER HANDS. Watch the video again, and pay attention to how he catches the ball (which is key.) He catches the ball away from his body and doesn't try to trap it against his chest like Edwards does. He also has those long legs and takes long strides like Edwards. But he has the catching ability, fiery stiff arms and fancy foot work (probably acquired from his running back days) of a Terrell Owens. I think this guy will light it up, and is definitely a sleeper in this draft. This guy will be great!!

Why Greg Little is a excellent pick:

quote from Greg Little:

Greg Little on fitting into the West Coast offense: “I came from the West Coast. We used the same terminology,same calls, same everything. I think it’s going to be such a smooth transition. When I met with the Browns, I knew a lot of their terminology already.”

And during his supension:

WR Greg Little said he took pride in catching about 100 balls a day to stay sharp during his suspension in 2010.

The Browns have drafted Brilliantly.

Bigtime buttkickin DL and DE...

Greg Little. I have to admit, from reading my stupid draft mag, I dismissed Little as a Browns' choice.

All the reports that he's a diva and immature are at least a year too late.

As in, the Browns USED TO draft, apparently, from draft mag information.

Now, they draft based on KNOWING what the hell they are doing.

Greg Little - watch this interview, watch some tape on him, and by golly,

he's a WC Hines Ward kind of player, I love all three picks.

In the division the Browns are in, it's smash mouth football. Well,

the Browns joined the "smashmouth club" the last couple of years, and have just made three more moves

to win the division championship in the near future, I think.

Check out this interview on the NFL channle "Path to the Draft" :

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81f58876/Greg-Little-on-set

The Browns have drafted Brilliantly.

Bigtime buttkickin DL and DE...

Greg Little. I have to admit, from reading my stupid draft mag, I dismissed Little as a Browns' choice.

All the reports that he's a diva and immature are at least a year too late.

As in, the Browns USED TO draft, apparently, from draft mag information.

Now, they draft based on KNOWING what the hell they are doing.

Greg Little - watch this interview, watch some tape on him, and by golly,

he's a WC Hines Ward kind of player, I love all three picks.

In the division the Browns are in, it's smash mouth football. Well,

the Browns joined the "smashmouth club" the last couple of years, and have just made three more moves

to win the division championship in the near future, I think.

Check out this interview on the NFL channle "Path to the Draft" :

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81f58876/Greg-Little-on-set

OK, did a little research on the guy- and the Ravens took the other option I was pimping one pick ahead of Cleveland. Little got suspended for "improper benefits" just as did Robert Quinn. Frankly, I'm tired of this pious BS by the NCAA- these kids make literally billions across the country for their respective schools, but they collect about $5,000 in "unallowed"travel benefits. And the big, bad NCAA suspends them for a year. BTW, the guy I wanted the Browns to take AJ Green- got suspended for selling off his Bowl jersey. When in the hell is it illegal in the USA to sell stuff you own? According to the NCAA, it is.

EDIT: This guy was athletic enough to make North Carolina's Basketball team on the side? Unreal.

Check out the end of that video where Little just blocks the hell out of that CB and then talks mad trash to him when hes on the ground injured.

"Im a F****** soldier!"

Just kidding...sorta.

Yeah that was awesome, up to the point where he started taunting the guy, would have drawn a flag in NFL and messed up likely scoring chance, so this is probably some of the character issues associated with him that hopefully will be able to be hidden away without the loss of aggression like we seen in that clip.

Loving the picks so far though, season better be on this year.

Guys,

I, too, like the pick of Little (although I wanted Smith). I love the hands and the sheer power this kid runs with. I am a little concerned though that his "highlights" are loaded with three yard crosses and end-arounds. This is the NFL. The end-around is not a staple play of an NFL offense. As for three yard crosses, we seem to specialize in those :wacko:

If we could get Sidney Rice via FA, and then drop all the WRs except for momass, cribbs, haggerty. We would have such a dominate team on O just like that. No more 8-11 ppl in the box.

If we could get Sidney Rice via FA, and then drop all the WRs except for momass, cribbs, haggerty. We would have such a dominate team on O just like that. No more 8-11 ppl in the box.

WTF?! Rice is a down the field guy not coming here. Stick to what you know, which presumably is getting high.

He catches with his hands!!!!!! All I wanted was a big WR that goes after the ball rather than waiting for it. We got that, and he's physical and looks for the end zone every time. i love this pick. I like the entire draft. We have a lot of young talent and I really hope the lockout ends. Now more than ever before.

WTF?! Rice is a down the field guy not coming here. Stick to what you know, which presumably is getting high.

Oh so we dont need adown the field guy. My bad I forgot we had Robo for that job.

Agreed. Rice comes from a same styling of the WCO. The Vikings run the WCO as do the Eagles and Packers who throw LONG passes each run the WCO. I'm not sure why i see posters think the WCO is strictly short passes with small speedy receivers. the WCO is more of a philosophy of putting a premium on passing the ball first to open up the run and LONG passes. It's not a set system of patterns and calls. Not sure how will ever be a Super Bowl team if we never sign "down the field" guys.

Sorry to saw ( I like the kid ) but colt doesn't have the arm strength and/or down the field accuracy to be able tonuse Rice at the fullest

one too many brews perhaps?

the Colt criticisms are fair though.

Greg Little looks to be a good pickup, talent-wise. considering he already knows the terminology he might have an easier transition than the rest of the team as well.

to think about a rookie being better than our entire wr core is...um...kinda bittersweet.

only up from here.

McCoy is going to be a 3-Year stop gap QB that the fans enjoy for toughness and professionalism...

Why do I feel like we are going to trade our entire draft for Andrew Luck next year?

Probably because you are stupid, and that's not a statement saying McCoy's our guy because who knows at this point. It's a statement of you under estimate the value we have. With two first round picks next year there is a chance that we could just trade those and a late round pick to move up for Luck.

Probably because you are stupid, and that's not a statement saying McCoy's our guy because who knows at this point. It's a statement of you under estimate the value we have. With two first round picks next year there is a chance that we could just trade those and a late round pick to move up for Luck.

Stupid?... Wow...

I don't remember saying anything to insult you. Thanks for the intelligent reply though. <_<

I was referring to using the two 1st Rd picks... Sorry I wasn't making it super obvious for you.

Stupid?... Wow...

I don't remember saying anything to insult you. Thanks for the intelligent reply though. <_<

I was referring to using the two 1st Rd picks... Sorry I wasn't making it super obvious for you.

Well then I don't understand who 2 first round picks = our whole draft next year. Minus our 2 first round picks, we have 7 more with two 4ths and two 6ths and no 7th. I don't call turning our two 1st into one high 1st giving away our draft.

Sorry for the stupid comment, I've been on edge today.

Well then I don't understand who 2 first round picks = our whole draft next year. Minus our 2 first round picks, we have 7 more with two 4ths and two 6ths and no 7th. I don't call turning our two 1st into one high 1st giving away our draft.

Sorry for the stupid comment, I've been on edge today.

No worries...

I guess I am still not really convinced that we know what we are doing in rounds 3-7. Looking at our past drafts you will see the decade of futility...

No worries...

I guess I am still not really convinced that we know what we are doing in rounds 3-7. Looking at our past drafts you will see the decade of futility...

True, but the verdict is still our on some of last years 3-6 round picks (Lauvou, McCoy, Mitchel) and who know how this years picks will go. For all we know right now we could have 6 starters or 6 guys riding the bench. It all remains to be seen.

I've already pointed out unless the Browns are drafting in the top 3 next year, it would cost too much to move up to #1 to take Luck- and if a quarterback needy team is sitting at #1, we're not getting Luck regardless of what we offer them.

So can that idea right now, unless you want the Browns to go 0-16 this year.

I've already pointed out unless the Browns are drafting in the top 3 next year, it would cost too much to move up to #1 to take Luck- and if a quarterback needy team is sitting at #1, we're not getting Luck regardless of what we offer them.

So can that idea right now, unless you want the Browns to go 0-16 this year.

All good point. I don't want Luck because I want Colt to succeed, plus when you think about it, 4 our of 5 teams that pick at #1 normally needs a QB. That team would have to be set at the position and then we would have to give the best offer to move up. Lets just hope colt has a 2-1 TD to INT ratio this year and shows real improvement so that we can spend our two firsts next year on something other than QB.

I like the idea of Greg Little in the slot with MoMass and Robo (or C. Mitchell)... assuming they continue to improve as they did last year..

Robo looked damn good towards the end of the year.

Why does everyone want to see every single WR in the slot? That's all I heard before the draft "He we need this guy in the 2nd round, he would be great in the slot." The slot position is for slow or short WR's. The brought Little in the possibly be the #1 guy, not so he could be the slot WR.

Archived