THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 3 Pick'em

Harry Buffalo

As it looks right now, the Browns will not be trading up into the 3rd round leaving us with 6 picks tommorrow. They are two 4th's, a 5th, two 6th's, and a late 7th. In the 4th round the picks are early and late and in the 6th they are both early. Pick who you think we should look at.

The only guys that I really have my eye on right now are Mathews and I would look for him with one of the 4th round picks. I would also have an eye on Mark LeGree FS from Appalachian State who ended his career with 22 INT's and could be had in the 5th or 6th. I wouldn't mind a QB in the 6th or 7th, my pick would be McElroy or Taylor. I need to look at a list of un drafted players so far in order to name more.

If we take another WR, I would prefer to look at Dane Sanzenbacher of OSU & Cecil Short of Mt Union. Sanzenbacher is a money player & plays his best under stress. I am definitely interested in Casey Mathews & would like to see us fill things out with OL, another DE, LB, & I assume Mike H will insist on a late round QB which is his pattern. All this being said, our experts are doing a whole lot better than I would, so I'm just looking forward to what THEY pick. Of course my ego wants them to grab at least ONE of MY picks.

Mike

I Like Dein Lewis in the 4th or 5th, a very good HB from Pitt who could make the transition in the NFL with his Pitt teammate Sheard. Reminds me of Drew-Jones. Shill have Gates and Shorts if they fall as speed guys to look at around the 5th or 6th round alone with Sanz. I do like Greg Jones at a 4th round LB but i also like Homan (played against him in high school. will not be known for lack of effort) and even more so I like Harvey from Marshall who I saw play 3 times last year (were against BGSU, Ohio State, and WVU) and each team he simply dominated. Then of course I also like LeGree and I also like Chekwa from OSU.

We need a bit of a faster rb, and Deion Lewis would fit that bill, he is very small and he is also is really no where near the player that jones drew is, but then again he could be in a few years. Im hoping We get Stanzi in the 5th if he is there also.

Chekwa is by far the best DB left on the board.. he ran a 4.40 at the combine without being able to pull his upper body through, he still had his wrist in a cast!

Sam Acho is my DL target for round 4.. if we get both of these it will be great. Acho set the combine position record in the 3-cone.

Chekwa is by far the best DB left on the board.. he ran a 4.40 at the combine without being able to pull his upper body through, he still had his wrist in a cast!

Sam Acho is my DL target for round 4.. if we get both of these it will be great. Acho set the combine position record in the 3-cone.

I forgot Acho is still on the board. Very likely he is a Brown. Also wouldn't be surprised to see us take Romeus from Pitt (played across from Sheard). Romeus was actually projected to go in round 1 this year but suffered a back and knee injury (had surgery on the knee, I don't know about the back). With his talent level I think he is a good prospect to pull the trigger on in the 5th, maybe even 4th.

I've been looking for a list of who is left but a few names off the top of my head would be

Stanzi Holgrem likes to take a qb every year I think he could be a good backup behind mccoy.

Chekwa I thought he was pretty good for the buckeyes and could be a still in this part of the draft.

Dion Lewis would be a good change of pace back

Mathews saw some video on him earlier looked like he played with hart and that's what this team needs more of.

Is Edmund Gates still available

If anyone can find a list of who's left please post it.

Name: Johnny Culbreath

College: South Carolina State Number: 50

Height: 6-5 Weight: 322

Position: OT Pos2: OG

Class/Draft Year: rSr/2011

40 Time: 5.04 40 Low: 4.95 40 High: 5.12

Projected Round: 7 Stock:

Rated number 24 out of 87 OT's 266 / 2087 TOTAL

In the fourth round. will have time to learn behind Pashos, can back up Joe Thomas in a pinch.

He won't last too much longer after the Browns' first fourth rounder, I think.

Unless this is wrong http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-name/dt-by-name-input:m I say go get Casey Matthews.

I'm right there with you. Hell, I'd grab him on his bloodlines alone!

Mike

Casey Matthews

Greg Romeus

Deion Lewis

Cecil Shorts III

?

?

?

Deion Lewis

Casey Matthews

Greg McElroy

Jermale Hines

Is Mark Herzlich still available? He could be a beast of a MLB

Herzlich is still availibe. So my current big pick order is:

4th Round:

Deion Lewis: I feel like this guy needs to be taken before 5 because alot of teams have seen what kind of talent he has.

Herzlich/Mathews: I feel like we don't need to take both. Either or would do and I would be happy with who ever. Herzlich would have been a 1st round pick if not for his bought with cancer.

Back up Choice: Acho (DE Texas) another fast small DE.

Back Up Chioce 2: Chekwa (CB Ohio State) one of the fasted options left on the board, also best availbe CB prospect. At worst would be a good backup returner, should spend his career at nickle.

5th Round:

Gates or Shorts: They give us the speed option that we currently do not have at WR. Short's would spend his career in the slot, Gates would have a chance to move up as a #2, long shot at #1 guy.

Back up Choice: Greg Romeus (DE Pitt) was a first round talent before he missed his senior season with a back and then knee injury. Played across from Sheard.

6th Round:

Greg Romeus: As said above this guy is a first round talent. There is a really good chance he falls this far since he suffered two injuries his senior season. First round talent in the 6th. Stupid to not take him.

McElroy or Taylor: Both good options as future back up QB's/future trade bait. Taylor could easily become the future Seneca Wallace if not be a starter in the league in 5 years, McElroy could be like Fitspatrick, which is be successful if put into the right system.

LeGree (FS Appalachian State): I putting 3 guys here because there is a good chance that we took Romerus in the 5th (or he is already gone) or that we just don't take a QB. Legree had 22 INT's over his college career with a shocking 10 his sophmore season. Has average physical attributes and runs a 4.5. Just knows how to get the ball. At worst he is a good back up.

Back up Choice: Just best available OSU player since at this point they are the only ones I know. I wouldn't take Rolle even as a Saftey prospect. The guy runs a 4.5, but just flat out misses tackles. If there was a least valuable player award at the Suger Bowl, the Rolle would have won if for his around 6 missed tackles. With Sanz and Homan you won't get the most talented players but you are going to get hard workers who will sacrifice their bodies. Actually Homan put up top 5 and top ten numbers at the combine (had the highest bench press for linebackers) but tends to drag down runners instead of pushing them back. Hines is a hard hitter, that's all I know.

7th Round

Back up Choice:

LeGree: Talked about him above. If by some miracle he is still here you take him.

Ryan Taylor (FB/TE North Carolina): This guy actually came in for a visit with the team. I love Vickers but it looks like his time as a Brown is up. This kid has shown that he can block, catch (11 catches for 82 yards as junior) and carry the ball (700+ yards for 3.7 yard per carry as Junior). I think normally the Browns would just use the pick on someone else and pick this guy up as an UFA, but with the lockout back on they just pull the trigger to make sure they have him.

Update

Rick Elmore is the guy who played across from Brooks Reed and he also had a very solid career, I think having 10ish sacks last season. Someone to look at.

I like his name. Buster Skrine (pronounced SCREEN).

Like I said in another thread I just started- we're going after best available athletes.

And you can't coach sub- 4.4 speed. :)

Archived