THE BROWNS BOARD

Dane Sanzenbacher

ATENEARS

Dane Sanzenbacher is a crafty receiver with a great attitude that could contribute in the slot at the next level. He lacks ideal speed and suddenness, but he is a very savvy route runner that uses a variety of fakes to set up defensive backs. He has great hand eye coordination and makes difficult catches look easy. He is not going to get consistent yards after the catch, but he is fearless over the middle and very effective at moving the chains. Sanzenbacher is a very good football player and a coach's dream that will likely be a third day pick.

There's our Brian Brennan, when we need to move the chains.

Grab him late, or hope he goes as an undrafted FA, and invite him in (once that's allowed, again).

I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being from Ohio State...

Come on, there are plenty of much better receivers in the draft, you can't just want a guy because of the school he's from. I'm an Akron fan but I'm not saying we should take Jeremy Lefrance, you have to think of what's best for the Browns. It shouldn't matter if the guy's from OS or even Michigan

Damn Stan, I got blasted for posting that very same thing here after the Sugar Bowl. Sanzenbacher isn't going to be a game breaker, but I bet he has a decent career.

I think that if most of the people on this board had watched Sanzenbacher play they would love to get him late in the draft. There is another late round/free agent possibility at WR and that is Valentino out of Dayton. Dayton hasn't had a guy drafted for fourty years I think but this guy is small and could be a shifty receiver in the west coast offense. IF you really want a dark horse guy to look for Valentino is it

Out of 26 WR's taken he is ranked higher than atleast 7 WR's that were taken.

I would spend a late round on him, he is a team player and will be your Rudy that every team needs.

And he is a hell of a lot more talented than Rudy.

Without a doubt, you have to bring this guy in to camp. We need WR help, badly and he may be able to produce ala Brian Hartline for the Dolphins. He's a very similar player to Hartline. More so than in comparison to Robo.

In the old world, when you brought in an undrafted player you signed him to some sort of try-out contract and he got paid. That's why there was always a frenzy to go after certain guys- you wanted to sign them into your camp. i wonder if/how that will work with the lockout and the lack of free agent activity. Anyone hear anything about this?

I have some questions about Sanzenbacher since I didn't watch OSU very much this year:

Is he afraid to go over the middle?

Will he go all out on every play no matter the score or time?

Does he catch everything?

Can he jump?

Do you think he will turn into a Robiskie type player or a Larry Fitzgerald type player?

Will he complain about little stuff?

Can he block?

I agree....he is very similar to Brennan & a TOTAL Team & clutch player. I will be very disappointed if we don't give him a look.

PLEASE Browns??!! Bring him in!!!

Mike

I have some questions about Sanzenbacher since I didn't watch OSU very much this year:

Is he afraid to go over the middle?

Will he go all out on every play no matter the score or time?

Does he catch everything?

Can he jump?

Do you think he will turn into a Robiskie type player or a Larry Fitzgerald type player?

Will he complain about little stuff?

Can he block?

He is a fearless receiver who will go over the middle and a lunch pail go to work guy. He will go all out all the time. I'm on my phone or I would link a block he had on a michigan player where he blocked him for 25+ yards on a boom herron 99 yard td (he got called for holding but it wasn't). He has very good hands rarely has any drops was osu mvp this year. He is an average jumper more of a route runner than anything. You can't compare him to either fitz or robo. Ultimate team player will not complain just show up and play. He can block as noted above.

I know the players for osu are clearly biased but not a single one can believe he wasnt drafted. And a sentiment shared by most is he is a warrior on field and off whether its a game or practice and "He'll make it" -numerous buckeyes via twitter.

Edited: Got a youtube link 1:14 going across middle 2:04 catching ball away from body when he could be laid out (bad throw by Pryor)3:50 is the block. Now it may not impress a lot of you because its not a knock him out but I loved it cause he never gave up on the play and just kept blocking all the way to the endzone.

Even his nickname among players a dawg the Great Dane.

(Yes I know I am biased so bash if you must)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNKm_4RyDo

Here is a complete highlight video for dane watch specifically 2:15 to 3:05 to see the kids heart determination and willingness to go over middle

I know he isn't much of a yac guy which we kinda need but this guy will make a team very happy

I said I was biased and I acknowledge that but as far as me answering the guys question can you tell me where I exaggerated on anything. Clearly he is a kid with heart and everything about is football skills are there. He just doesn't have the measureables and athleticism. I am actually very suprised he ran sub 4.5.

i can't believe that we fans are nit-picking shit about a guy that we might draft in the last round. if speed and zip were the factors that we are discussing about one of the last players in the draft then we should really check ourselves. i say give everyone one of these kids a chance not just him. you never know when you find that diamond in the ruff.

i.e wes walker, brian brennan, etc. etc.

Without a doubt, you have to bring this guy in to camp. We need WR help, badly and he may be able to produce ala Brian Hartline for the Dolphins. He's a very similar player to Hartline. More so than in comparison to Robo.

You know who he is somewhat reminiscent of? Steve Largent. All that guy did was catch 99 TDs in his NFL career.

Hartline and Largent were both drafted in the fourth. Sanz was not drafted.

Browns still have the guy drafted late last year who has not seen the field yet. He should be ready before Sanz.

UFA's cannot be signed until the lockout is over.

Thank god we didn't draft dane sanz..

There is a reason no team drafted him. He is slow and he likes to take it in the pooper

That's right. All he ever did was get open, catch passes and score TDs. Otherwise he didn't do much.

That's right. All he ever did was get open, catch passes and score TDs. Otherwise he didn't do much.

He never sold any of his memorabilia for tats... what a failure.

Seriously... He was a solid WR at OSU and deserves a shot at camp (at least).

He never sold any of his memorabilia for tats... what a failure.

Seriously... He was a solid WR at OSU and deserves a shot at camp (at least).

Here are his career stats:

Statistics Receiving

Year Rec Yds Yd/Rec Tds

2007 12 89 7.4 1

2008 21 272 13.0 1

2009 36 570 15.8 6

2010 55 948 17.2 11

Total 121 1820 15.0 19

Source: Big Ten Network[2]

Here are his career stats:

Statistics Receiving

Year Rec Yds Yd/Rec Tds

2007 12 89 7.4 1

2008 21 272 13.0 1

2009 36 570 15.8 6

2010 55 948 17.2 11

Total 121 1820 15.0 19

Source: Big Ten Network[2]

Damn solid year in 2010...

Could be one of those guys every team passes up on and makes one team look like the smartest team ever... Maybe.

Archived