THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agents

jake24

Free Agents  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Free agent will have the most success with the browns?

• Brandon Jackson
    • Usama Young
    • Other

Coming from a die-hard Browns fan all my life, it is extremely dissappointing to see the browns make zero noteworthy additions to our WR/LB core. This year because of the lockout, as we all know, started a Free Agent frenzy that we will never see again. So much talent at every position, experienced vets and young potential that we soo deperately need, but of course we didn't land any players to put us over the hump and really get us browns fans excited. I'm not sure if its more the fact of our office didn't try hard enough or have the urge to put up the money (although reports said we were looking to drop big money out in the market) or maybe its just the fact that no big name star or great players want to come to cleveland! What ever the case is, it was beyond frustrating watching soo many good players going to all the other teams.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming from a die-hard Browns fan all my life, it is extremely dissappointing to see the browns make zero noteworthy additions to our WR/LB core. This year because of the lockout, as we all know, started a Free Agent frenzy that we will never see again. So much talent at every position, experienced vets and young potential that we soo deperately need, but of course we didn't land any players to put us over the hump and really get us browns fans excited. I'm not sure if its more the fact of our office didn't try hard enough or have the urge to put up the money (although reports said we were looking to drop big money out in the market) or maybe its just the fact that no big name star or great players want to come to cleveland! What ever the case is, it was beyond frustrating watching soo many good players going to all the other teams.

I actually thought this Brian Smith kid, UFA from Notre Dame looked pretty good in him time there at MLB. Don't know if he can really make it, but that would be nice, wouldn't it? I am not impressed with D'Qwell Jackson much any more.

Coming from a die-hard Browns fan all my life, it is extremely disappointing to see the browns make zero noteworthy additions to our WR/LB core. This year because of the lockout, as we all know, started a Free Agent frenzy that we will never see again. So much talent at every position, experienced vets and young potential that we soo deperately need, but of course we didn't land any players to put us over the hump and really get us browns fans excited. I'm not sure if its more the fact of our office didn't try hard enough or have the urge to put up the money (although reports said we were looking to drop big money out in the market) or maybe its just the fact that no big name star or great players want to come to cleveland! What ever the case is, it was beyond frustrating watching soo many good players going to all the other teams.

Don't know about you- but what I saw down at the Stadium on Saturday was more than enough to get me excited.

This has been argued to death- and if you mean "add a few big names and get to an 8-8 record", that's not what Holmgren and Heckert are about. We're building through the draft. Too early to say after one preseason game, but this years draft class looks promising. Getting over the hump is getting to the Super Bowl, and there weren't enough Free Agents out there to get the rebuilding Browns to that level. The Patriots, who already have a solid base can take chances on aging vets like Haynesworth and Stinko. I'd say it's far more important to save enough cap room to give Joe Thomas the big buck contract he's going to deserve (and demand) when he goes FA next year.

BTW, most of those "big names" wanted to go to teams where they can win now. We had zero chance at landing guys like Asomugah.

Don't know about you- but what I saw down at the Stadium on Saturday was more than enough to get me excited.

This has been argued to death- and if you mean "add a few big names and get to an 8-8 record", that's not what Holmgren and Heckert are about. We're building through the draft. Too early to say after one preseason game, but this years draft class looks promising. Getting over the hump is getting to the Super Bowl, and there weren't enough Free Agents out there to get the rebuilding Browns to that level. The Patriots, who already have a solid base can take chances on aging vets like Haynesworth and Stinko. I'd say it's far more important to save enough cap room to give Joe Thomas the big buck contract he's going to deserve (and demand) when he goes FA next year.

BTW, most of those "big names" wanted to go to teams where they can win now. We had zero chance at landing guys like Asomugah.

Like you said: the browns are rebuilding. WE ARE ALWAYS REBUILDING! Thats our problem, we need to infuse our draft classes with some good exp players. Bottom line is we need playmakers on the offensive side especially at the WR position. There was an endless amount of very very good WR's out there in the FA this year. And we didnt make an attempt to add any of them. Colt looks like he is headed in the right direction and can become a great qb in this league someday. Just an example: Bengals singed TO for 1 mill and got almost 1000 yds and 9 td's out of him or how about Plaxico?? He would have been a great solid pick up for very cheap giving his status. Im sick of hearing the "rebuilding" excuse, we've been doing that for 12 years now. And getting over the hump for a team that averages 4.5 wins per year over that last 8 years (excluding 2007) means making the playoffs and being a contender. We had weapons on offense in 07 and look we got 10 wins. Front office needs to step up.

Signing big name free agents sure worked well in the past...didn't it?

Sure...we've been constantly rebuilding. At least now we are rebuilding correctly....what ur suggesting is the status quo.....which never worked for us. Which begs the question...why do u think doing what has never worked is a good idea?

Uhmmm

See the thing is no one is saying big name I was just hoping for anyone but no names..

Yes you build through the draft, blah blah blah... you tell me one team that built only through the draft with out adding key free agents, and actualy won?

Last year we were a wr, and right side of the line from being a good offense. Think about it,

Solid rb

Dominate left tackle

Solid center

Average lg

Right tackle poop

Right guard poop

Wr none existant

Tiight end solid

So tell me adding a solid wr and rg or rt wouldn't help us??

Signing big name free agents sure worked well in the past...didn't it?

Sure...we've been constantly rebuilding. At least now we are rebuilding correctly....what ur suggesting is the status quo.....which never worked for us. Which begs the question...why do u think doing what has never worked is a good idea?

We have been against the so called "status quo" for years now............we have been absolutely busts on draft picks aside from a FEW solid picks and we have landed barely any playmakers in the free agency market. You said that has never worked for us??? Since when have we went out and landed great talent in the FA market. Seems like Butch Davis was the only one who really wanted to spend money in Cleveland. Bottom line im just saying enough with the excuses from you so called browns fans....its about time we turn up the heat on the front office seriously. Give us a solid playmaker and WR/slot/ and or LB and we are on the verge on making the playoffs.

Uhmmm

See the thing is no one is saying big name I was just hoping for anyone but no names..

Yes you build through the draft, blah blah blah... you tell me one team that built only through the draft with out adding key free agents, and actualy won?

Last year we were a wr, and right side of the line from being a good offense. Think about it,

Solid rb

Dominate left tackle

Solid center

Average lg

Right tackle poop

Right guard poop

Wr none existant

Tiight end solid

So tell me adding a solid wr and rg or rt wouldn't help us??

Agree 100%

Like you said: the browns are rebuilding. WE ARE ALWAYS REBUILDING! Thats our problem, we need to infuse our draft classes with some good exp players. Bottom line is we need playmakers on the offensive side especially at the WR position. There was an endless amount of very very good WR's out there in the FA this year. And we didnt make an attempt to add any of them. Colt looks like he is headed in the right direction and can become a great qb in this league someday. Just an example: Bengals singed TO for 1 mill and got almost 1000 yds and 9 td's out of him or how about Plaxico?? He would have been a great solid pick up for very cheap giving his status. Im sick of hearing the "rebuilding" excuse, we've been doing that for 12 years now. And getting over the hump for a team that averages 4.5 wins per year over that last 8 years (excluding 2007) means making the playoffs and being a contender. We had weapons on offense in 07 and look we got 10 wins. Front office needs to step up.

T.O. the Bungles? Did'nt they loose like 11 in a row until the played against a manginous led team. How do you think big names got to be big names? Look at the cowboys of the 90's built through the draft. The only big names I can remember them signing was Deion.

T.O. the Bungles? Did'nt they loose like 11 in a row until the played against a manginous led team. How do you think big names got to be big names? Look at the cowboys of the 90's built through the draft. The only big names I can remember them signing was Deion.

Stop hinging on "big names" that was just an example with TO and the Bungals. Im saying "playmakers" WE NEED PLAYMAKERS ON OFFENSE BAD! Stop settling for "rebuilding"

Stop hinging on "big names" that was just an example with TO and the Bungals. Im saying "playmakers" WE NEED PLAYMAKERS ON OFFENSE BAD! Stop settling for "rebuilding"

I agree with you, in order to get over that hump and turn into a contender you need to add a few play makers through FA, but ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A SOLID CORE OF DRAFTED YOUNGER PLAYERS. Over the years when we have managed to bring in any kind of big name guy, they have either A)Flopped or B)Made damn near zero impact. You mentioned T.O. Ya T.O. had a decent season for himself, but he had ZERO impact on the team in general. If he is the best example you can make for your argument then it's not based off of real strong evidence. I want you to point out to everyone on here the last team to win the superbowl by just signing big name FA's while not having a solid core of good drafted players.

Fact of the matter we are rebuilding, 2nd year of a front office, 1st full season for a starting QB, 1st year head coach installing a new Offense and Defense. This is a rebuilding year and even though it sucks that is what it is and signing a few people just getting out of their prime for way more than they are worth so that they might hopefully have one more good season in them isn't going to do us any good.

I agree with you, in order to get over that hump and turn into a contender you need to add a few play makers through FA, but ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A SOLID CORE OF DRAFTED YOUNGER PLAYERS. Over the years when we have managed to bring in any kind of big name guy, they have either A)Flopped or B)Made damn near zero impact. You mentioned T.O. Ya T.O. had a decent season for himself, but he had ZERO impact on the team in general. If he is the best example you can make for your argument then it's not based off of real strong evidence. I want you to point out to everyone on here the last team to win the superbowl by just signing big name FA's while not having a solid core of good drafted players.

Fact of the matter we are rebuilding, 2nd year of a front office, 1st full season for a starting QB, 1st year head coach installing a new Offense and Defense. This is a rebuilding year and even though it sucks that is what it is and signing a few people just getting out of their prime for way more than they are worth so that they might hopefully have one more good season in them isn't going to do us any good.

Guys TO was just an example of a team getting a playmaker for cheap! lol mention TO anywhere and the guy still brings up a firestorm. I agree with you and thats what im saying...i never once said just adding abunch of FA will solve a team. I said bring in a few FA playmakers. We have a good core of draft picks from over the years. You just addressed exactly what i was saying in " in order to get over that hump and turn into a contender you need to add a few play makers through FA, but ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A SOLID CORE OF DRAFTED YOUNGER PLAYERS" My original statemnt was we missed out on bringing in a few player makers during the FA period. Obviously we have a good core of young players....i didnt want to be capitan obvious. But your statement there is exactly what im talking about....spend some damn money and supplement these yound players with playmakers and lets be a contender!!!

rebel....the steelers have been building thru the draft since the 70's...they add COMPLIMENTARY pieces, like jericho cotchery, to supplement their core. but the majority of their team is 60-80% draft picks every year. stop thinking in absolutes....like every xxxxing player has to be a draft pick.

now jake, playmaker = big name. it doesn't matter how u slice it. go back to savage...shaun rogers and corey williams, 2 playmakers that didn't do anything. you wanna get over that hump, you have to get close to it first. adding a playmaking (ie, read old) WR is gonna get us to the playoffs? is adding nmandhi gonna win us a superbowl? when half your team is marginal talent (or young with potential), how is adding an old vet gonna make a deifference. all your doing is stunting the growth of your youth....

dont act like we've never tried to go after big names....it never worked for us. for that matter, neither did drafting (yet now we have heckert...notice the difference?). i refer you to a team that has been doing what your suggesting for years...the redskins. how did all their big name guys do...they traded for mcnabb....he's gone. they sure nailed a good one in albert haynesworth eh?

im not gonna go on cause this thread is a clone of so many others where fans get to show everyone on the interwebs they have no idea whats going on with this team. try learning from the past.

rebel....the steelers have been building thru the draft since the 70's...they add COMPLIMENTARY pieces, like jericho cotchery, to supplement their core. but the majority of their team is 60-80% draft picks every year. stop thinking in absolutes....like every xxxxing player has to be a draft pick.

now jake, playmaker = big name. it doesn't matter how u slice it. go back to savage...shaun rogers and corey williams, 2 playmakers that didn't do anything. you wanna get over that hump, you have to get close to it first. adding a playmaking (ie, read old) WR is gonna get us to the playoffs? is adding nmandhi gonna win us a superbowl? when half your team is marginal talent (or young with potential), how is adding an old vet gonna make a deifference. all your doing is stunting the growth of your youth....

dont act like we've never tried to go after big names....it never worked for us. for that matter, neither did drafting (yet now we have heckert...notice the difference?). i refer you to a team that has been doing what your suggesting for years...the redskins. how did all their big name guys do...they traded for mcnabb....he's gone. they sure nailed a good one in albert haynesworth eh?

im not gonna go on cause this thread is a clone of so many others where fans get to show everyone on the interwebs they have no idea whats going on with this team. try learning from the past.

Just don't get it...."learn from the past"...like i said we are averaging about 5 wins since 2003....my point of every old browns fan you call shaun rogers and corey williams big name additions, sure they were good at their positions,but agian im talking about play makers on offense.......its frustrating to see browns fans content with the front office since 99, im sorry maybe im one of few fans who wants to see a change, weve been patient to long as fans, and by making 0 additions to our team through the biggest FA market ever the nfl has seen, tells me that the org is willing to do whatever it takes to win...........DON'T EVER BE COMPLACENT

Jets

Patriots

Eagles

Ravens

49ers

Cards

Bears

Redskins

Just a few of the teams who have made their teams a lot better through FA this year alone

You are talking about bandaids. AT this point in time we DO NOT have enough young good talent from past drafts to even think about just adding that one or two guys to get us over the hump. All those 1 or 2 guys will do is take up a bunch of cap space, not win us anymore games, and make it impossible to resign some of the younger talent we have to long term contracts. If you think we have enough young talent from just the past two draft then you are incredibly mistaken and you live in a fantasy world. I will also go to say only 3 teams that you named at the top have made themselves any better through FA to the point where they will have a shot at the SB and they are the Patriots, Eagles, and possibly Ravens (and the Ravens didn't even grab any huge playmakers like what you are talking about). The Jets take a huge FA every year but it never gets them into the superbowl so I'm not even going to count them. The final four teams are applying bandaids to try and make a respectable season instead of trying to develop a constant winner. I would be surprised if more than one of those bottom 4 tams reached .500 this season.

And yes we keep bringing up TO because the whole idea of the Bengals bringing in TO was to put them over the edge to they could re-win the AFC North and make a possible playoff run. Not only did the TO addition not do anything for the Bengals, they actually ended up doing worse than the previous year. Was it TO's fault. No but the team put themselves into a situation not only did their big move not pay off, their franchise QB quit on them because they couldn't even win with 2 #1 WR's, and they have no idea of what they have in two younger guys who have good potential.

First off those teams upgraded on paper. Since nobody has played a regular season game yet it's impossible to say who really improved.

Second, it's not being complacent. It's understanding of how to build a long lasting, consistent winner. Of the top teams in the NFL, how many got from the bottom and rose to the top by making key free agent signings (notice I didn't day "big name") and how many did so by hitting on numerous drafts and acquiring sure talent through the UDFA market.

We've been beating this horse for waaaaay too long now, so for all those doubters, I'll put out the same challenge to all of you that I put out before. Show me a superbowl champion in the last 10 years that built their core through FA. Yes new orleans made good signings in Brees and Vilma, but other than that you won't find one. The ravens were brought up, but their signings came after they were a very good team, and those players simply helped them get over the hump.

So please, show us complacent fools how to build a superbowl champion through the numerous examples I'm sure you'll find :)

Blah blah blah...

All I have to say to all those people who support this jew approach to free agency, is come see me week 6 when you realize we are missing a wr who can get seperation..

I cried last year for them to sign a wr. And some of them same fools had the same argument.

Can I ask? Last year we signed fujita, watson, jake delhomme and kept players like kenyon coleman, barton, bowens.. so last year we were on the cusp of competing??

Just don't get it...."learn from the past"...like i said we are averaging about 5 wins since 2003....my point of every old browns fan you call shaun rogers and corey williams big name additions, sure they were good at their positions,but agian im talking about play makers on offense.......its frustrating to see browns fans content with the front office since 99, im sorry maybe im one of few fans who wants to see a change, weve been patient to long as fans, and by making 0 additions to our team through the biggest FA market ever the nfl has seen, tells me that the org is willing to do whatever it takes to win...........DON'T EVER BE COMPLACENT

Jets

Patriots

Eagles

Ravens

49ers

Cards

Bears

Redskins

Just a few of the teams who have made their teams a lot better through FA this year alone

The Jets looked a hell of a lot better tonight than they did all last year. Those FA WR's were amazing, weren't they? If only we could have landed Derrick Mason and Plaxico Burress, we'd be unstoppable.

KEEP BEATING THAT HORSE! He may not be dead yet.

no not dead yet but comin in from the outside corner it's...........oops! (forgot secretariat was the only safe bet ever in the trifecta at churchill).

most people who peruse these threads know i'm a total ass who screamed of us getting some FAs in here. BUT that was when there was position players of some sort that we could have used to deepen our bench, have some veteran leadership in the locker room etc. and bring an evenness to our soul. i would've been screaming even louder had we gone out on the field saturday night and shit in our own hats.

BEFORE saturday night my favorite drunk saying to other browns fans was "shurmur schmurmer". don't really like holmy too much BUT from what i've heard, what i've seen reported, highlights etc. was that the browns actually looked pretty poised and stoeic playing the world champs. no i didn't see the game but rely on fellow fans on this board and ohio media on the net to fill the void. everything seems positive to me so far.

believe me i'd love to see O.C. in cleveland but if it's gonna be that 'evaluation' year and players are finally going to wake up and play out of their asses in trying to achieve something then hey, we got a shot.

more impressed with the coaching staff than any other group on saturday night keeping these guys disciplined and sharp. it really could of (and i thought it was going to be) a huge coaching clusterfxxk. we'll know more after next week.

Endless stream? Burress is already hurt, and is old. Owens is so great there isn't another team in the NFL right now willing to give him a job, so we should? And boy, Owens sure helped the Bengals to a 4-12 record, whoopee!!!! Stinko is old, and as big a headcase as Owens. Moss #1 retired and Moss #2 resigned with the Jets. You wanted Braylon back? Really?

Yeah, one season and you armchair GMs think you know more football than Holmgren and Heckert. Well, you don't. So give them a chance to do things right already.

Guys TO was just an example of a team getting a playmaker for cheap! lol mention TO anywhere and the guy still brings up a firestorm. I agree with you and thats what im saying...i never once said just adding abunch of FA will solve a team. I said bring in a few FA playmakers. We have a good core of draft picks from over the years. You just addressed exactly what i was saying in " in order to get over that hump and turn into a contender you need to add a few play makers through FA, but ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE A SOLID CORE OF DRAFTED YOUNGER PLAYERS" My original statemnt was we missed out on bringing in a few player makers during the FA period. Obviously we have a good core of young players....i didnt want to be capitan obvious. But your statement there is exactly what im talking about....spend some damn money and supplement these yound players with playmakers and lets be a contender!!!

Yeah, let's sign some guys one year away from retirement, so we don't have the cap room to resign Joe Thomas next year. Jonathan Joseph was the only FA we missed on I was unhappy we didn't get.

Don't forget it's a two way street- until you are perceived as a contender, the top FAs don't want to play for you- unless you seriously overpay what their worth. That isn't very smart. As has been mentioned, the Redskins have tried that route for years- and failed miserably at it.

And as to adding top FAs, start naming the ones the Steelers have added over the last few years. They seem to have done OK doing without.

Ok fellas I got halfway through this and had to post a reply. As far as grabbing big names and all that jazz. If you notice a lot of guys chose playoff contending teams for one of two reasons. 1. The want to win right away and 2. They may be familiar with a coach or coordinator. We have a brand new offensive system. We also have a brand spanking new defensive system after years in the 3-4. I know the 4-3 is common but it's new to our group. The best way is to build through the draft. Reason being guys that produce like these free agents are used to are usually in the playoffs often. It seems we often get guys that are familiar with the coach or front office as it is around the rest of the NFL. There is a method to the madness. This young group looked good on Saturday. They're probably going to surprise a lot of teams this year and even surprise a lot of you. Just sit back chill, and enjoy the season. Stop making unrealistic expectations of the team. Yeah Yeah we've had two winning seasons in 12 years. Us going back and forth on here won't get any of those losing seasons back nor will guarantee us a winning season this year. Let's enjoy some of the good pieces added last year and this year and enjoy the season we almost didn't have.

First off those teams upgraded on paper. Since nobody has played a regular season game yet it's impossible to say who really improved.

Second, it's not being complacent. It's understanding of how to build a long lasting, consistent winner. Of the top teams in the NFL, how many got from the bottom and rose to the top by making key free agent signings (notice I didn't day "big name") and how many did so by hitting on numerous drafts and acquiring sure talent through the UDFA market.

We've been beating this horse for waaaaay too long now, so for all those doubters, I'll put out the same challenge to all of you that I put out before. Show me a superbowl champion in the last 10 years that built their core through FA. Yes new orleans made good signings in Brees and Vilma, but other than that you won't find one. The ravens were brought up, but their signings came after they were a very good team, and those players simply helped them get over the hump.

So please, show us complacent fools how to build a superbowl champion through the numerous examples I'm sure you'll find :)

Never once did I ever say making free agent signings is the way to build a team.....please people read the post before you make a comment..........simply stated we need to add a guy or two in the FA market to give us some threats/playmakers especially at the WR position...so your lol "challenge" was dumb....I agree every bit with WRREBEL....all we are saying in just gives us a threat on offense...What fan of any football team wouldnt want a playmaker on offense??

Blah blah blah...

All I have to say to all those people who support this jew approach to free agency, is come see me week 6 when you realize we are missing a wr who can get seperation..

I cried last year for them to sign a wr. And some of them same fools had the same argument.

Can I ask? Last year we signed fujita, watson, jake delhomme and kept players like kenyon coleman, barton, bowens.. so last year we were on the cusp of competing??

Couldnt agree more....its soooo frustrating to watch our 5"8' WRs getting smoothered all the way down the field......Tom Brady couldnt get us to the playoffs with our WR core. And thats a good point....seperation! We go to a lot of games every year and if you pay attention to how little seperation we get from the DBS..youll be amazed. Thats funny you posted this last year and got the same arguement...because I have been blown away by most of the comments here by people...i dunno what to say to em be honest with you

Couldnt agree more....its soooo frustrating to watch our 5"8' WRs getting smoothered all the way down the field......Tom Brady couldnt get us to the playoffs with our WR core. And thats a good point....separation! We go to a lot of games every year and if you pay attention to how little separation we get from the DBS..you'll be amazed. Thats funny you posted this last year and got the same argument...because I have been blown away by most of the comments here by people...i dunno what to say to em be honest with you

:rolleyes: I don't know what to say to you either, except chill out and enjoy the season. The decisions have been made on how to shape the roster THIS YEAR.

First- I named every FA WR from this class that theoretically could have made a difference I could think of, and gave you reasons why they were a bad fit for the Browns. So if you think they could have helped for more than one season, go ahead and tell me why. Oh, and last year Anquan Boldin was going to a contender, and the Ravens didn't make the Super Bowl with him.

Secondly- as to our stubby 5'8" WRs, I got news for ya. Cribbs is 6'1", MoMass 6'2", Robo 6'3", Little 6'2". So think for a second before you post something dumb like that. Slow? Well Fred Biletnikoff, you know the guy the College WR award is named after- wasn't exactly a burner, and neither was Steve Largent. Our own Paul Warfield was more of a precision route runner than a speed demon. So were Swann and Stalworth for the Steelers.

The Browns are running a WCO- and in that system precision and timing are far more important than track speed. And track speed don't mean squat if you can't catch the damn ball- just ask Braylon Edwards. BTW, Greg Little impressed the hell out of me on Saturday- so we'll see what develops there. And I'm not big on "veteran leadership" either. You have a thing called coaches for that.

:rolleyes: I don't know what to say to you either, except chill out and enjoy the season. The decisions have been made on how to shape the roster THIS YEAR.

First- I named every FA WR from this class that theoretically could have made a difference I could think of, and gave you reasons why they were a bad fit for the Browns. So if you think they could have helped for more than one season, go ahead and tell me why. Oh, and last year Anquan Boldin was going to a contender, and the Ravens didn't make the Super Bowl with him.

Secondly- as to our stubby 5'8" WRs, I got news for ya. Cribbs is 6'1", MoMass 6'2", Robo 6'3", Little 6'2". So think for a second before you post something dumb like that. Slow? Well Fred Biletnikoff, you know the guy the College WR award is named after- wasn't exactly a burner, and neither was Steve Largent. Our own Paul Warfield was more of a precision route runner than a speed demon. So were Swann and Stalworth for the Steelers.

The Browns are running a WCO- and in that system precision and timing are far more important than track speed. And track speed don't mean squat if you can't catch the damn ball- just ask Braylon Edwards. BTW, Greg Little impressed the hell out of me on Saturday- so we'll see what develops there. And I'm not big on "veteran leadership" either. You have a thing called coaches for that.

good post.

i think the anxiety leading up to this year has put some of us in that square box filled with question marks and frustration in trying to get things done as fast as possible (the win now mentality) instead of letting cooler heads prevail that are actual football people that were brought here and are being paid good money to turn this thing around the right way THIS TIME. i was one of many who was screaming to do something in FA. but if these guys (H&H) think that we are o.k. with what we got FOR NOW then i'll shut my mouth and just watch some football.

hey the season is here now and i know that game didn't count saturday night, but it sure felt (to me) like a baby grand piano was lifted from my chest.

Obviously 5"8' is an exaggeration.....I guess with you I can agree to disagree....and if you think our WR core is sufficent and we need no help in that area then lol im just done discussing this with you....it's a new age out there get outta the 70's n 80's...bigger faster stronger is what we need.....and BTW watch Mike n Mike in the morning the other day: said the same thing "how dissapointing it is to us browns fans that our org didnt go out and get us some help at that position"

Mike n Mike in the morning the other day: said the same thing "how dissapointing it is to us browns fans that our org didnt go out and get us some help at that position"

mike golic? as a football player in the nfl: mediocre. as an analyst on espn: blows.

Archived