THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agents

jake24

Free Agents  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Free agent will have the most success with the browns?

• Brandon Jackson
    • Usama Young
    • Other

Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.

If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.

try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.

i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.

try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.

i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.

i hear ya...i get my fair share of micheal kay, legreca, boomer and mike and mike. been working in fishkill for the past year and a half. commutting 400 miles one way every week kinda sucks....but not as much as jets fans. ;)

True story, last weekend there was a religious revival at Madison Square Garden. Bishop Fulton Sheen made such a stirring speech that 10,000 people converted to Catholicism. Then Billy Graham got up and did some inspired preaching and 10,000 people converted to Protestantism, then to close the program, Pat Boone got up and sang "There's A Gold Mine In The Sky" and 20,000 Jews joined the Air Force!

ahh got you!! both great movies...

really Branden Frasier? Because of the movie encino man huh?

A little of that, a little of The Scout, mostly Airheads though. And, embarassingly enough, a lot of Bedazzled. I had a schoolboy crush on Elizabeth Hurley. I'm talking full-on hump the tv kind of deal.

HAHHA bedazzled..

Hey i quote lines from clueless so i wont give you a bad time for that.. Who didnt have a crush on Elizabeth hurley? Especially with the rumors that shes likes people to poop on her...

I had a crush on Samantha Fox when i was younger and heather locklier. I mean full on crush that i baught the posters and put wholes in the wall and lubed it up with sponges.

Here's an example of a FA WR we picked up and it amounted to nothing....anyone remember Dante Stallworth? Yeah the same Dante Stallworth whose talent mysteriously disappeared along with the ability to stay healthy on the way to Cleveland. To make matters worse the jackass takes a nice Sunday drive one night in Miami and kills someone while being under the influence of alcohol. These are some of the things to be aware of when you go shopping for players in free agency. It's buyer beware about 80% of the time. Just chill out and watch some football guys. Have a drink or two to wash down that nice Sunday ham sammich. Like Samuel L. Jackson says in Pulp Fiction "Be cool."

You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

Half the people that attend Harvard are Jews. So, what are you gonna do then?

(and what makes you think you are going to get into Harvard? Are you in high school now? Have you been accepted? Or are you talking grad school?)

nah...hes right. ur not funny....at all.

funny to laugh at...sure.

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f#cked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fcukin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Archived