THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Secondary Is Looking A Little Rough So Far

BrownsKidd

The D is extremely thin in the secondary and totally unproven in the front 7 with all 3 of our projected starting LBs almost guaranteed to go down early and often..

Heckert has done a great job of upgrading this team pretty much on evaluation of system fit alone but the total job on the both sides of the ball is unfinished and a work in progress...

So its growing pains time as the team will struggle mightily this year at times as will the FO struggle to restore the respectability of this neglected franchise nationwide...

Im hoping for the best but not really expecting the worst this time around simply because the systems being deployed fit the personnel and we appear to have a solid coaching staff..

I anticipate more defensive growing pains than offensive unless colt goes down then it could get ugly fast, im not completely sold on wallace as a viable backup...

The D is extremely thin in the secondary and totally unproven in the front 7 with all 3 of our projected starting LBs almost guaranteed to go down early and often..

Heckert has done a great job of upgrading this team pretty much on evaluation of system fit alone but the total job on the both sides of the ball is unfinished and a work in progress...

So its growing pains time as the team will struggle mightily this year at times as will the FO struggle to restore the respectability of this neglected franchise nationwide...

Im hoping for the best but not really expecting the worst this time around simply because the systems being deployed fit the personnel and we appear to have a solid coaching staff..

I anticipate more defensive growing pains than offensive unless colt goes down then it could get ugly fast, im not completely sold on wallace as a viable backup...

i agree with this- top to bottom.

It would be nice to have our full roster healthy. With both of our starting OLBs out of action on Friday it didn't appear that the backups could run down Granny Clampett if they had to....or her doppelganger

LouHoltz.jpg

It would be nice to have our full roster healthy. With both of our starting OLBs out of action on Friday it didn't appear that the backups could run down Granny Clampett if they had to....or her doppelganger

Add to that our 2 starting safeties were out to, 4 of your back 7 starters didn't play. Ray Ventrone couldn't cover a blade of grass from dew

With Holmgren and Shurmer being offensive minded I can see them going after a WR in next years draft if our current corps doesn't produce (I think they will). If the WRs do produce then I definitely recommend going after a top tier CB in the draft with either one of our 1st round picks.

Archived