THE BROWNS BOARD

Ferentz dumber than Zomblow?

Guest Ghoolie

Guest Ghoolie

Pioli wants Ferentz?

Hmmm, you guys want a head coach who can't beat Tressel?

You want a head coach who has NEVER won, what is not a great conference?

Yeah man, this Pioli is a WORLD BEATER.

Pioli is the "prettiest girl at the dance." All looks with no substance. I've stepped in puddles deeper than the "prettiest girl at the dance." Why is Lerner still trying to turn this team into the New Cleveland Brownsiots?

-Al

Guest Masters
Pioli is the "prettiest girl at the dance." All looks with no substance. I've stepped in puddles deeper than the "prettiest girl at the dance." Why is Lerner still trying to turn this team into the New Cleveland Brownsiots?

-Al

Well, all those awards Pioli has received from other front office guys around the league, as well as the media, would be a bit of substance. Also, the guy he hired and worked under him, Dimitroff, the new GM of ATL, has had huge success. That's a bit more substance too.

Pioli wants Ferentz?

Ghoolie - why dont you change your name to GIRLIE? Because you bitch like you are on a 24 hour period, constantly. Get the tampon out of your vagina and go root for another f-ing team, because, seriously, nothing this team ever appeals to you. Ever. Jesus I would hate to have you as a family member - must be a real f-ing joy to be around.

Well, all those awards Pioli has received from other front office guys around the league, as well as the media, would be a bit of substance. Also, the guy he hired and worked under him, Dimitroff, the new GM of ATL, has had huge success. That's a bit more substance too.

Winning Homecoming Queen and Prom Queen honors doesn't exactly equal substance. All of those awards belong on Belichick's mantle.

-Al

Guest Masters
Winning Homecoming Queen and Prom Queen honors doesn't exactly equal substance. All of those awards belong on Belichick's mantle.

-Al

So why didn't the press and other execs give that to him instead?

And if BB deserved them, does he really seem like the kind of guy that would let others get credit for his work, in the form of awards?

And if BB deserved them, does he really seem like the kind of guy that would let others get credit for his work, in the form of awards?

How would Belichick be able to stop a group of people from giving out awards to whoever they wanted?

-Al

Guest Masters
Working under (or with) BB doesn't guarantee you were just a yes man doing exactly what he says anymore than it guarantees that you'll be successful at your next position.

Exactly! At any company, job, etc., there will be people who free think, grow, learn, and succeed elsewhere. There are also those who do what they are told and don't get better or learn a thing. Finding the earlier and weeding out the later is the key.

Guest Masters
How would Belichick be able to stop a group of people from giving out awards to whoever they wanted?

-Al

By coming out and stating he made the moves? By structruing such that he is seen as the guy?

How is it people around the league, including other NFL execs, see Pioli as someone with some control and decision making to even vote for him for that award? I mean people around the league would know if t was all BB wouldn't they? If they did, wouldn't they give it to BB or someone else instead

Pioli wants Ferentz?

It has been quite a few years, but the guy who sits right next to me at work played on the UCONN teams that Ferentz played on.

He always said and says he is shocked that he amounted to anything RE: football.

IMHO, he is the worse choice of all potential candidates.

Why not go after Garret with the Cowboys? Holmgren? Shannahan? Ever hear of these guys?

By coming out and stating he made the moves? By structruing such that he is seen as the guy?

1. Why would he undercut his employee like that?

How is it people around the league, including other NFL execs, see Pioli as someone with some control and decision making to even vote for him for that award?

2. Someone has to be the face of the FO, but that doesn't mean he isn't BB's lackey.

I mean people around the league would know if t was all BB wouldn't they?

3. They do know it.

If they did, wouldn't they give it to BB or someone else instead

4. See #2

-Al

Guest Masters

Except Pioli isn't the face of that franchise. It's BB, then Kraft, as far as faces.

By no means am I saying Pioli is great or will be. But that is a lot of awards and he now has a guy he hired, Dimitroff, playing GM, with a lot of success in his first year. That is a lot to just wave off from the bleacher seats.

Guest Masters
Al, I still don't see how you rationalize the fact that BB came from Parcells and turned into the GOD you think he now is, and yet NO ONE can come from a BB regime and succeed????

again, I'm not saying they will either. and I am definitely saying I don't trust Lerner to be able to tell the "coffee fetchers from the coffee makers" (Gee...feels like someone should get credit for that line......)....but you can't GUARANTEE that every guy working for BB is just a coffee fetcher who wouldn't suceed on their own.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Al, I still don't see how you rationalize the fact that BB came from Parcells and turned into the GOD you think he now is, and yet NO ONE can come from a BB regime and succeed????

again, I'm not saying they will either. and I am definitely saying I don't trust Lerner to be able to tell the "coffee fetchers from the coffee makers" (Gee...feels like someone should get credit for that line......)....but you can't GUARANTEE that every guy working for BB is just a coffee fetcher who wouldn't suceed on their own.

I agree with that. It's definitely possible. In fact, I think Mangini is cunning enough to have learned many things in NE. Dimitroff appears to have, also, but it's too early to tell with him.

-Al

Guest Masters
I agree with that. It's definitely possible. In fact, I think Mangini is cunning enough to have learned many things in NE. Dimitroff appears to have, also, but it's too early to tell with him.

-Al

And that is just it. There can be some good guys. Like JADBF, my concern is more w/ Lerner picking the right guy, then there not being a right guy somewhere in the NE organization.

Pioli wants Ferentz?

Great post Ghoolie.........no comment required if you cannot win less than strong conference even once............how de hell are you going to be big time in the Pro's ........Tressel wons Ferentz...........

Chicopee John sees the folly as well........why is it that sage wisdom is the only sanity and football hutzpah on these boards

Shep had it mostly correct..............a useless thread except for the intelligent lead post and that insider post from Chicopee John............

change the water around here two making folks been peeing in it then drinking it...............oh my

Ghoolie for GM

Rich for HC

(can't you just FEEL the sarcasm :rolleyes: )

I can just see Our draft...3 WR's A QB and 3 RB's

Just like Rich and Ghirlie would like it!

Guest Ghoolie

How stupid can you get?

Pioli got awards from? Other executives? ROTFLMAO. Kind of like being impressed with all the awards GM gets from J.D. Powers and associates, eh?

MEANINGLESS. I am interested ina guy who has RESULTS that translate into football knowledge, not a bunch of meaningless, bullshit plaques from other losers.

DIMITROFF has had HUGE success? LOL, spoke just like another idiot, Johnny come lately fan who has his head up his own axx. I guess by Browns fan standards making hte playoffs IS MAJOR SUCCESS.

Pioli Blows and Arizona will ass pound Atlanta.

Guest Ghoolie
Ghoolie - why dont you change your name to GIRLIE? Because you bitch like you are on a 24 hour period, constantly. Get the tampon out of your vagina and go root for another f-ing team, because, seriously, nothing this team ever appeals to you. Ever. Jesus I would hate to have you as a family member - must be a real f-ing joy to be around.

Hey McFly, I didn't use a condom, I am a family member. I am your Father.

Look nipple nuts, being a fan doesnt mean I have to be stupid like you. Being a fan doesn't mean I have to shit my pants in joy no matter who the Browns hire.

You dimbulbs cheered In Sewage We Trust, you loved Green, Butch, Couch, Frye being mentored by Dilfer.

YOu guys are amazing, you don' give a flying shit who the Browns hire. Lerner ownership has been shit, and magically you think all of a sudden he has developed teh talent to pick a good GM? Are you that stupid or are you a homo who is mesmerized by crotch bulges?

Wake up sugar pants, Lerner has a shit record and so does his team. Until LErner sells this team (which is getting closer every day) there wont' be a winner in Cleveland.

Pioli is a turd.

Guest Ghoolie
It has been quite a few years, but the guy who sits right next to me at work played on the UCONN teams that Ferentz played on.

He always said and says he is shocked that he amounted to anything RE: football.

IMHO, he is the worse choice of all potential candidates.

Why not go after Garret with the Cowboys? Holmgren? Shannahan? Ever hear of these guys?

Hey Johnny boy............. this is more of teh same bullshit. Lerner doens't know what to do so he runs around hoping Bill Belichik rubbed off on someone he can hire.

Ferentz has never won the Big Ten, and THIS is Pioli's choice?

WHat amazes me is that these dickheads can once again bend over, grab their ankles and take it up the ass yet one more time.

Pioli doesn't know how to win, but he DOES know how to fire jackoffs who worked with him before so he has a save haven.

The Browns are the worst fanchise in the NFL.

I guarantee you hat the 2009 Lions will be a better team than the 2009 Browns.

Guest Ghoolie
Stupid thread with a ton of stupid responses.

You think the reason Ohio State beats Iowa is the coaches? Yeah. Good call. Couldn't be that all the Parade All Americans go to USC, Ohio State, and Florida. I'm sure that's not it. It's a chess game out there.

On Pioli, Ferentz, Mangini, etc., Lerner and others don't do their research through ESPN's stats page or the newspaper. They dig. They talk to everyone. They interview. Is this guy "The Smartest Guy in the Room?" And everybody who gets near Pioli says he's the shit.

And that's why Ron Rivera and Rex Ryan remain assistants. They interview dim.

Hey Dimwit,

they said teh same shit about Sewage. Belichik won Superbowls, Pioli got pats on his ass from other lame ass coaches.

He's a DUD>

Pioli wants Ferentz?

Hear me out. While ALOT of us have been frustrated like yourself - I would say a guy (Pioli) that gets SB Champions 3 first round picks the next year knows what the flock he's doing behind the scenes. That gets a warm welcome from me at least compared to Phil giving away a 1st round pick for a QB we never even felt compelled to start. That NEEDS better management and that's what Lerner is at least trying to find. Why not give someone like Pioli a chance Ghoolie? In your opinion, as an avid "in BB I trust" guy, would BB make sure Pioli accompanies him to NE if he wasn't the DADDY of personnel matters? You KNOW he wouldn't. There's something there so we need it here.

Anyone that reads up on Ferentz knows how badly BB wanted him when we had our best Oline of the 90s with a bunch of average Joes and only 1 first round draft pick at Center on the line. Kirk Ferentz put a guy like Leroys Hoards (the ONLY Michigan player besides Everitt with testosterone) in the Pro Bowl, and he only started 9 games BUT the oline dominated an impressive Buddy Ryan Philly D and they beat Dallas in Dallas on their way. Good enough for 11-5 and 1 playoff win with Vinny Testaverde at QB. That was unchartered waters for Testaverde and it's not because Leroy Hoard was THE most talented RB on the planet. It was because of the oline coached up by Ferentz.

Unlike Tressell, Ferentz BEAT Penn State with a fraction of the top recruits Tressell has at OSU. Ferentz is also the ONLY Big 10 Coach that WON his bowl game and not just by a little bit. I think if you did a little digging on Ferentz, you'd see people PLAY for him no matter where he goes and they get BETTER. Want examples? Ever hear of Bob Sanders? TOP college teams weren't fighting over him so his choice was cornfields or small school. He's still only 5'8" and 206 pounds so he wasn't a 1st round draft pick either. That said, the MORE you see a Dallas Clark, Eric Steinbach and Bob Sanders - the more you ask didn't he get coached up by Ferentz too? And the answer to that is: you bet!

- Tom F. (I wish I could say I was as proud of OSU's ability to get the most of out their recruiting classes these days; but they're laying too many eggs against the only intriguing matchups on their schedule the last 2 years. The Pacific West and Southeast has had seating capacities chanting "OVERRATED" at Tressell's coaching masterpieces.)

Guest Masters
How stupid can you get?

Pioli got awards from? Other executives? ROTFLMAO. Kind of like being impressed with all the awards GM gets from J.D. Powers and associates, eh?

MEANINGLESS. I am interested ina guy who has RESULTS that translate into football knowledge, not a bunch of meaningless, bullshit plaques from other losers.

DIMITROFF has had HUGE success? LOL, spoke just like another idiot, Johnny come lately fan who has his head up his own axx. I guess by Browns fan standards making hte playoffs IS MAJOR SUCCESS.

Pioli Blows and Arizona will ass pound Atlanta.

I'm sorry, is J.D Power and asscociate awared voted for by all the car makers? Nope. The exec award Pioli has been awarded have been from the execs in the other 31 NFL teams.

You don't think turning a losing organization, recovering from Vick, into a playoff team that won 11 games and beat 3 playoff teams during the season a success? In a division where everyone is .500 or better? All the while as a rookie GM, with a rookie HC, and a rookie QB?

Guest Masters
Stop, Masters. You're taking him seriously.

Worst thread of the year. I know that's only three days, but I think it will hold for a while.

Oh, I don't take Ghoolie seriously at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the recent appearance of people starting threats to fight Ghoolie, were in fact from Ghoolie.

But if he is gonna respond to mine, with bad analogies and wrong information, I'll call him on it.

Besides, if Ghoolie didn't get his attention, he might have a Rich-esq break down and tantrum.

Archived