THE BROWNS BOARD

Green Bay & New Orleans

Canton Mike

It's our National Anthem....SCREW these "song stylists"!!! If they had real talent, they would sing it as written.

End of rant.

Mike

I love a National Anthem rendition by the Naval Academy myself but I thought Jordin Sparks did a good job with it. She didn't Aguilera it up too much AND she got all of the words right - a remarkable feat for contemporary artists.

As for stylizing the song, I don't mind if it's in context as opposed to just merely showcasing your vocal gymnastic abilities. I mean, if you're an American and don't get goose bumps when you hear Whitney Houston's Superbowl version, well, I feel sorry for you.

Oh....and the Packers are looking pretty tough so far.

I will temper my remarks by saying the young lady who sang the National Anthem DOES have a beautiful voice, but I still prefer the song be sung as written.

As far as the game, these are 2 fine Teams & the Packers will be tough to unseat this year. Rodgers is almost "surgical" as a QB.

Mike

Amazing. I'm in two fantasy leagues, one here, and one - a friend's - on ESPN...

and I picked first in both. Very amazing. Excellent offensive game to watch.

I picked Rodgers in both leagues, forgoing the bigtime rb's....

I was hoping for even another TD throwing the ball in the last ten minutes, to Driver, but it didn't happen. GGG

I still can't believe the final play of that game.... up the middle with Ingram??

Not like it really matters. They probably wanted to see what Ingram could do at the goal line in a gametime situation. If he scores or someone else scores they still lose. Coaches aren't coaching for the fantasy football base.

Not like it really matters. They probably wanted to see what Ingram could do at the goal line in a gametime situation. If he scores or someone else scores they still lose. Coaches aren't coaching for the fantasy football base.

Uh, did you watch the game? If they scored there they are down by 2, which means if they convert on the 2pt try they go into OT. really seems like you didn't.

they should have passed or went in shotgun or something, it was the last play of the game(unless OT of course), so running it up the gut on 1st and goal was much less likely to work than a pass would have.

either way great exciting opening game. both the teams look primed for an NFC championship game. I won't be surprised at all if the Packers repeat, nor will I be surprised if the Saints win it all either.

Uh, did you watch the game? If they scored there they are down by 2, which means if they convert on the 2pt try they go into OT. really seems like you didn't.

they should have passed or went in shotgun or something, it was the last play of the game(unless OT of course), so running it up the gut on 1st and goal was much less likely to work than a pass would have.

either way great exciting opening game. both the teams look primed for an NFC championship game. I won't be surprised at all if the Packers repeat, nor will I be surprised if the Saints win it all either.

Yes I watched the game and when they took that run with Ingram there was less than 3 seconds left on the clock. Throwing a pass or taking a run is going to wipe the clock no matter what. GAME OVER. You might as well try Ingram in a game time situation at the goal line against a great defensive front.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a dip sh.it. I guess they figured Ingram is an Ox and he'd force his way in there, especially with their offensive line. Definitely a interesting call and probably the wrong call.

All that needs to be said to invalidate everything you just said in an attempt to save face. You also worded it as if it were garbage time points "fantasy football base".

Man up and admit you didn't watch it or were wrong.

See edit. I watched the whole game. I for whatever reason thought they were down by more than 8. I still can't say I hate Ingram with Jahari Evans leading the way at the goal line. Especially considering the pass rush the Packers were getting all game. I guess they figured that because Ingram is so strong he'd bully his way in there but clearly he didn't. There isn't a lot of ground to cover for those LB's and their really fast cb's. It's a hell of a lot more difficult to score passing or throwing that close to the goal line, especially against a top defensive front. Gamble failed.

If I'm on the one yard line and I just watched my QB march down the field for 80 yards in 50 seconds I'd have to be sure he has the ball in his hands for the last play of the game.... Didn't seem to have trouble passing the ball into the endzone from the 3 yard line on the previous drive...

Raji pretty much had the middle on lock down...Power I up the middle with a rook into the teeth of the defense is about the last thing I was expecting. Maybe that's why they did it? Or maybe they took a play out of Daboll's playbook..

No, it didn't matter ... it was just the ballgame. And perhaps homefield advantage in the NFC Championship. whne they are freezing their asses off in Grenn Bay in january they can remember Homotron "Not like it really matters".

Zombo

It surely was one of those "well, they figure we will try a bootleg after we act like it's a run right up the gut, so

we will run it right up the gut and surprise them".... LOL The GB defense guessed right. In a different formation, they could have

baited them into not going all out to stop that run.

The Browns would have gotten the TD. GGG

Sportscasters are beating that play call to death this morning. Bottom line is that no play ALWAYS works. Had it worked, what would they talk about today? To me, the turning point in this game was Cobb's TD return. He did a "flip", came down on his feet & went the distance. What enabled him to flip was a "shoulder" tackle. Had the tackler wrapped him up, or attempted to, I don't think that's a TD & the outcome may have been different. Oh well, I'm glad the Packers won....I do pull for them UNLESS they're playing the Browns.

Mike

ps: Calfoxwc really wanted the Browns to draft Cobb...he looks pretty good, doesn't he?

What a great game and what a great way to kick off the season.

2 things about the end of that game:

How TERRIBLE was that PI call? That was a great play on the ball alone and nothing but the ball

Second, why would you throw Ingram into that Packers' D on the last play of the game? Brees had been on fire that entire drive and I just had the feeling he would've put it in the утвящтую

all in all a great game to watch

ps: Calfoxwc really wanted the Browns to draft Cobb...he looks pretty good, doesn't he? Canton Mike

I really did. Maybe he'll become a FA in a few years. He and Gregg Little would have been a great tandem imho.

I just don't know who I would have exchanged for Cobb that the Browns DID draft. "sigh"

No, it didn't matter ... it was just the ballgame. And perhaps homefield advantage in the NFC Championship. whne they are freezing their asses off in Grenn Bay in january they can remember Homotron "Not like it really matters".

Zombo

Once again I edited my previous post the night I made it. You're way late to this party SOOO you had to have seen my notation of a ABOVE edit. You just chose not to read it.

Once again I edited my previous post the night I made it. You're way late to this party SOOO you had to have seen my notation of a ABOVE edit. You just chose not to read it.

You said it. You believed it at the time. What are you so sensitive about? None of us thought you were that bright anyway.

Zombo

You said it. You believed it at te time. What are so sensitive about? None of thought you were that bright anyway.

Zombo

I watched the whole game but I wasn't paying extraordinary attention to the score board on that final drive. I was tied up in a FF trade discussion and watching the game behind my lap top. I thought the Saints were down more than 2 scores. Simple mistake and one that I corrected with a edit and a follow up post. I find it amusing that you even addressed my blunder,CONSIDERING I corrected myself well before you made a post. I don't know that it's my intelligence that needs addressed but rather yours. Pulling at straws.

I watched the whole game but I wasn't paying extraordinary attention to the score board on that final drive. I was tied up in a FF trade discussion and watching the game behind my lap top. I thought the Saints were down more than 2 scores. Simple mistake and one that I corrected with a edit and a follow up post. I find it amusing that you even addressed my blunder,CONSIDERING I corrected myself well before you made a post. I don't know that it's my intelligence that needs addressed but rather yours. Pulling at straws.

He's not pulling at straws. It's just funny that you can't ever admit mistakes. Even though you were corrected by several others, you act like you edited your post right away and were therefore somehow never wrong. Just grow a pair and admit that you were a wrong..

I read the post, I responded. You made a dumb statement. I don't care if you came back and edited it later. You watched an entire football game and didn't realize it was a one-score game at the time of the dramatic finish.

I think Dancing with the Stars is more your speed. They keep score, but it doesn't matter.

Z

How TERRIBLE was that PI call? That was a great play on the ball alone and nothing but the ball

You know what, I forgot to even mention this before...

I don't even think Hawk touched Sproles as he jumped for the ball. At full speed when it happened I thought for sure it was just a desperation attempt to make sure they didn't score on the play, but after watching the replay I think it was legit and a heck of a play on Hawk's part.

The only thing I was thinking was if their is something in the rule about going over the back of a receiver to block a pass. Not really sure though.

Archived