THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Vs. Colts

CLEVELandMILIDH

I think we win this one comfortably by running the ball right at there undersized DE's. Mathis and Freeney get up field quick pursuing

the quarterback leaving a big hole behind them. In that situation Steinbach pulling to the right or Vickers leading to the left to

pick up the LB was a big part of our run game last year. This year Steiney's on IR and Vickers is a Texan. Now are guards are big and

unathletic, not ideal for pulling, so will be relying on Marecic to lead the way, not ideal either. The good news is we have Peyton

Hillis, he's gonna break some tackles. I'm looking for over 150yds in a 34-13 win as long as Hillis don't get stuck in mud like the team

charter plane did today.

Browns' team plane got stuck in mud, delayed

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, September 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm ET

Cleveland Browns Organization Profile

The Cleveland Browns' arrival in Indianapolis was delayed nearly four hours due to the team plane getting stuck in the mud at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The pilot made a mistake where he positioned the plane on the runway.

Per the report, the Browns had to get off the original flight and then wait until a new plane was ready to transport them for Sunday's road game against the Colts.

The Browns' usual schedule was likely disrupted since they arrived at 6:30 p.m.

For more coverage of the Browns go to the Orange & Brown Report at cle.scout.com.

And on a side note, Phony Mayweather is a bitch....If I was 50 years younger I'd kick his ass

Ortiz launched his head into Mayweather. Not exactly classy or legal. Mayweather KOd him right after they touched gloves. Personally I wouldn't have even touched his glove. Phony.....please. Easily in the top 10 of all time and arguably the best ever if he beats Pacquiao. Some people just hate winners.

Ortiz launched his head into Mayweather. Not exactly classy or legal. Mayweather KOd him right after they touched gloves. Personally I wouldn't have even touched his glove. Phony.....please. Easily in the top 10 of all time and arguably the best ever if he beats Pacquiao. Some people just hate winners.

For the record I was rooting for Mayweather, but he lost my respect with that. Yea the attempted headbutt was wrong, thats why the ref was deducting a point. And as the ref was deducting the point, he ordered them to seperate. Ortiz tried to hug and apologize then backed off to wait until the ref was done and was ready to instruct them to fight again. But he never did, because while the ref was still talking to the guy outside the ring and Ortiz was watching the ref, Mayweather decided to suckerpunch him twice.....but thats legal right? There's no way that fight wasn't rigged, but if it wasn't, that ref should never step foot in another boxing ring.

Back to football... I'm not sure what to think about today's game. Indy is more talented in the skill positions on offense but their defense iS susceptible to the run. However, so is the Browns. Indy's pass defense is bad too, just like ours ( outside of Haden). I think we have a better run game and corners but that's it. Indy has the edge at every other position. Haden makes Reggie Wayne a non-factor but Garçon and Collie are still better than anything we've got so they still pass for a lot of yards. However, I just can't see the Colts blowing us out and winning easily. I think that the Browns are competitive and have a shot at winning. But it will be a sloppy game by both sides and I think that whichever defense is less-horrible wins it.

Reasons we will win:

Bad run defense will g give us the early momentum.

The Vet Collins, while a solid QB, WILL be pressured on a constant bases. Not Every play, but every 3 or so he will feel the pressure and he will under/over throw the ball. I don't expect more than 4 sacks, but I do see us getting around 3 INT's

Do to our run O doing so good, the Colts WILL stack the box by the 2nd or 3rd quarter opening up a long pass or two.

Browns 28

Colts 7

Reasons we will win:

Bad run defense will g give us the early momentum.

The Vet Collins, while a solid QB, WILL be pressured on a constant bases. Not Every play, but every 3 or so he will feel the pressure and he will under/over throw the ball. I don't expect more than 4 sacks, but I do see us getting around 3 INT's

Do to our run O doing so good, the Colts WILL stack the box by the 2nd or 3rd quarter opening up a long pass or two.

Browns 28

Colts 7

Although I agree that Collins isn't the best, he is still a professional and can handle himself. He isn't a rookie who will get antsy and make huge mistakes every time he is pressured. He knows how to handle an offense. He looked God awful last week but that was against a decent defense. Against us, he will look solid.

Browns' team plane got stuck in mud, delayed

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, September 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm ET

Cleveland Browns Organization Profile

The Cleveland Browns' arrival in Indianapolis was delayed nearly four hours due to the team plane getting stuck in the mud at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The pilot made a mistake where he positioned the plane on the runway.

Per the report, the Browns had to get off the original flight and then wait until a new plane was ready to transport them for Sunday's road game against the Colts.

The Browns' usual schedule was likely disrupted since they arrived at 6:30 p.m.

For more coverage of the Browns go to the Orange & Brown Report at cle.scout.co

That sounds like Rachel Phelps was behind that...

Anyway, this should be a win today, but that was the case last week too. I don't see either team losing by more that 14.

This is not going to be an easy game. Colts playing at home. Embarrassed last week. They are better then the Bengals. It's going to be tough.

/Agree..

We will be very lucky if we come out of this one with a win even with manning out..

But lets hope something on either side of the ball starts to click, lessons are learned and the penalties are far less..

Lets also hope shurmur realizes we need to ram hillis and hardesty down their throats and through their ends...

GO BROWNS!

Finally some signs of things starting to go pop on offense, now will come the real challenge for both players and coaches in making adjustments to indys adjustments and walking off the field with a win!

This is where mangini lost most of his games lets hope history doesn't repeat itself..

"This is a no brainer. . .I'll take the Colts in a one-sided victory."

"Too much talent for the Browns."

"Gotta cheer the Colts."

Well, being right is very important to this guy, so please don't tell him what happened.

For the rest of you. Please notice that CLE ran the ball effectively.

Notice that there were not 47 pass plays called like we saw last week.

And for those of you who believe that, "it's a passing league so we gotta sling it," well, running the ball and playing defense still wins games.

What we saw is balance, at about 50% pass - 50% run.

Well, being right is very important to this guy, so please don't tell him what happened.

For the rest of you. Please notice that CLE ran the ball effectively.

Notice that there were not 47 pass plays called like we saw last week.

And for those of you who believe that, "it's a passing league so we gotta sling it," well, running the ball and playing defense still wins games.

What we saw is balance, at about 50% pass - 50% run.

Okay Ghoolie.;)

what i liked:

hillis

little

massaqua

colt

rubin

taylor

sheard

haden

young

what i didn't:

hillis fumble

mccoy scrambling to the right every play

not enough hardesty

cribbs as WR

our ride side of the OL

giving up 19 points to these scrubs

the JLO fiat commercial played every break

what i liked:

hillis

little

massaqua

colt

rubin taylor

sheard

haden

young

what i didn't:

hillis fumble

mccoy scrambling to the right every play

not enough hardesty

cribbs as WR

our ride side of the OL

giving up 19 points to these scrubs

the JLO fiat commercial played every break

Sorry man, Hardesty doesn't impress me.

I'm on a delay here in Hong Kong, so the game does not start for me until about Midnight, EDT, USA.

I will have some more enlightened commentary after I actually watch the game.

Thus far, all I have seen is the box score and statz, so the only thing that jumped-out at me was the 32 Passing ATT / 34 Run ATT.

I'm on a delay here in Hong Kong, so the game does not start for me until about Midnight, EDT, USA.

I will have some more enlightened commentary after I actually watch the game.

Thus far, all I have seen is the box score and statz, so the only thing that jumped-out at me was the 32 Passing ATT / 34 Run ATT.

You sure get up early. Since it is about 4:50 am there.

This is a no brainer.

Without the ability to score OR rush the passer, Kerry Collins has a banner day and passes for three TDs. Freeney will eat Joe Thomas's lunch again.

Their speed on D gets to the line of scrimmage and for the most part, as the Bengals did, they stuff Hillis. HIllis WILL get his normal 60 yards.

The Browns may get a big play early by going downfield as a surprise. If so, that will be the extent of the day's successful offense.

I see a lot of short dump passes by the Browns and some careless turnovers as the game gets to the final 15 minutes.

The Colt's game plan is likely to be on the Conservative side, but I am betting they come out firing on all cylanders. They are a playoff caliber team and can't affordt to give away an easy win to a shit team.

I'll take the Colts in a one-sided victory.

Too much talent for the Browns. We got lucky once, it ain't gonna happen again.

Gotta cheer the Colts if you ever want this crappy management to end.

WRONG again. dipshit.

This is a no brainer.

Without the ability to score OR rush the passer, Kerry Collins has a banner day and passes for three TDs. Freeney will eat Joe Thomas's lunch again.

Their speed on D gets to the line of scrimmage and for the most part, as the Bengals did, they stuff Hillis. HIllis WILL get his normal 60 yards.

The Browns may get a big play early by going downfield as a surprise. If so, that will be the extent of the day's successful offense.

I see a lot of short dump passes by the Browns and some careless turnovers as the game gets to the final 15 minutes.

The Colt's game plan is likely to be on the Conservative side, but I am betting they come out firing on all cylanders. They are a playoff caliber team and can't affordt to give away an easy win to a shit team.

I'll take the Colts in a one-sided victory.

Too much talent for the Browns. We got lucky once, it ain't gonna happen again.

Gotta cheer the Colts if you ever want this crappy management to end.

Prediction Browns won't be the #32 ranked team when the new ESPN comes out. Colts without Manning- 6 win team at best. Steelers will kill them next week.

Freeney beat Joe Thomas ONCE- pro bowler against pro bowler.

You sure get up early. Since it is about 4:50 am there.

Yeh, 3:00AM is my normal wake-up time here. I'm semi-retired. I do a little bit of work online, then go out to my tropical vegetable garden at first light, which is about 5:30AM.

But anyways, I still haven't watched CLE at IND yet.

I made it through the first three quarters of SEA at PIT.

With CLE playing 25% of their games against PIT / BAL, the poor Browns are guaranteed a tough schedule every season.

The Steelers have a ridiculously soft schedule this season, with NE at PIT and BAL at PIT being their only tough games.

So, look for a below-average Steelers team to limp their way into the playoffs again this season.

Archived