THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Vs. Colts

CLEVELandMILIDH

This is a no brainer.

Without the ability to score OR rush the passer, Kerry Collins has a banner day and passes for three TDs. Freeney will eat Joe Thomas's lunch again.

OK, Collins was under pressure most of the game from Browns front line. He had one TD about 25 seconds before the end of the game. Freeny had one good rush but was controlled by Thomas the entire rest of the game

Their speed on D gets to the line of scrimmage and for the most part, as the Bengals did, they stuff Hillis. HIllis WILL get his normal 60 yards.

I don't know if it is their speed or a problem with the Browns OL, but the Colts did do a fairly well job controlling Hillis. But with all good RBs you give it to them enough time and eventually Hillis broke a big one for a TD.

The Browns may get a big play early by going downfield as a surprise. If so, that will be the extent of the day's successful offense.

Browns first successful scores don't come until second quarter and are the result of patient, methodical drives, the first one of 11 plays, the second of 12 plays. And they did the same in the second half on a couple of field goal drives. Their big plays come in the 4th quarter with Cribbs punt return and Hillis run.

I see a lot of short dump passes by the Browns and some careless turnovers as the game gets to the final 15 minutes.

Browns passing game was of the short kind that produced 27 points. Browns had only 1 turnover in the game.

The Colt's game plan is likely to be on the Conservative side, but I am betting they come out firing on all cylanders. They are a playoff caliber team and can't affordt to give away an easy win to a shit team.

Colts may have been conservative, perhaps to their detriment. Perhaps not. If they had come out firing they were firing blanks. Colts are not a playoff team. May now be one of worst in the league. Browns may be the playoff team. Browns gave away an easy win to a shit team the previous week. Browns bring home an "easy" win vs. Colts.

I'll take the Colts in a one-sided victory.

Browns win in one-sided victory.

Too much talent for the Browns. We got lucky once, it ain't gonna happen again.

Too much talent on the Browns, compared to the Colts. No luck involved in victory. Just solid, hard nosed play.

Gotta cheer the Colts if you ever want this crappy management to end.

Want any crappy management to end, but anyone with a breath of character in their soul would never for cheer the opponent.

Given Ghoolie's predictive powers, I will not be asking him for this week's lottery numbers.

Archived