THE BROWNS BOARD

Randy Lerner WTF?!!

neomogo

What in the hell is he doing? For a guy that's trying to fix the atrocities he keeps the status quo. Why in the hell is he interviewing coaches without a GM in place? That's the same mistake he made in hiring RAC before Savage. I bet 100% RAC was never Savage's guy.

Mangini? Really? No thanks.

I was on record saying that Pioli is the best in the NFL. So what if he wants the world? We as fans deserve a winner.

I just have that sickening feeling in my stomach that Randy Lerner is doing everything in his power to provoke the same actions 4 years later with this team.

Mike

Guest Ghoolie

I thouught you guys said one of the cool things about Lerner is that he is hands off?

I told you all along he is the worst kind of meddler. At least Jerry Jones has the balls to admit he runs the show and then take the heat for it. This Phaggot Lerner makes people believe he is simply a humble Cleveland Well-Wisher who wants what's best for Cleveland while all along calling the shots.

I remember when Tom Coughlin announced that his close friends advised him STRONGLY against taking the Cleveland job.

Isn't it interesting that we never get the players, coaches, assistants or executives that the rest of the world wants? Instead we get shit like Crennel, Frye, Green, Winslow, Quinn, McGinest, etc?

Lerner needs to sell, otherwise we will get more 2 - 4 win seasons.

What in the hell is he doing? For a guy that's trying to fix the atrocities he keeps the status quo. Why in the hell is he interviewing coaches without a GM in place? That's the same mistake he made in hiring RAC before Savage. I bet 100% RAC was never Savage's guy.

I was on record saying that Pioli is the best in the NFL. So what if he wants the world? We as fans deserve a winner.

I just have that sickening feeling in my stomach that Randy Lerner is doing everything in his power to provoke the same actions 4 years later with this team.

Mike

No offense intended but what gives you the authority to say Pioli is the best in the NFL?

Have YOU interviewed him?..maybe hes a dick head like PS? ...and Denver is looking for a coach first then a GM..it isnt always done in reverse...

Guest Ghoolie

Mike

If you have been reading my posts from the last 4 years you would know the answer to this question. Randy Lerner is a meddling jackoff who chooses who we draft, who plays and who gets cut. The guy is the worst owner in the NFL.

He noticed Pioli's nose is mostly intact...........only a tiny piece is still up Belichick's anus.................thus he finds Pioli highly qualified..........especially since he never did anything besides bring Billy his morning coffee and running the film machine

da huh de ja vu

And dat my friends makes Pioli a stud...........he drafted every guy Belichick wanted when Belichick told him/................

All hail Ghoolie! All bluster, no fcuking answers. What an absolute shock. I have less respect for you than I do Randy Lerner, and that's saying something.

All you do here is sit on your ass and say "I told you idiots so."

We're frustrated enough around here without your geriatric know-it-all ass coming here with ZERO solutions. Piss off already, dipshit.

Fcuk your 4 years of posts.

Nah. I've read Lerner wanted Quinn to start '07 and he didn't insist.

Lerner seems to be trying and it's hard to judge the end result before there is one.

How can he be called meddling and also disconnected?

Let's have a little patience. He's active and engaged right now, which is good.

If you have been reading my posts from the last 4 years you would know the answer to this question. Randy Lerner is a meddling jackoff who chooses who we draft, who plays and who gets cut. The guy is the worst owner in the NFL.

...and that is why he is calling the shots; you are posting on a message board I presume?

Lerner is just making sure he has every option he can because in the nfl getting coaches and gms can be a tricky endeaver at best...as much as i would love to bust randys chops on the way he is handling things..i cant because he is doing a good methodical approach and covering several contingency plans if the need arises...

I can chop his ass up for eating out of his own garbage can instead of taking it to the curb...in the form of tucker,chud,TJ.McDeadwieght and rip the qb butcher keeping any of these guys around puts an undue burden on the new staff and potentially leaves some groups of players at risk of not recieving adequate training/preparation..

Jesus, dude. You're a bigger bummer than I remember. Embrace Zoloft already.

Quinn was an amazing pick. Don't throw him in there.

What makes Quinn a amazing 2nd and first round pick.................

The fact he never won a really big game at ND and his record against top opponents was 3-8..............amazingly what BAD???????????? :lol:

Lerner is just making sure he has every option he can because in the nfl getting coaches and gms can be a tricky endeaver at best...as much as i would love to bust randys chops on the way he is handling things..i cant because he is doing a good methodical approach and covering several contingency plans if the need arises...

Agreed Gips...

This is not an easy hire...

And we all know its all about the OC and DC...that is the hires i want some STUDS at...

The fact he never won a really big game at ND and his record against top opponents was 3-8..............amazingly what BAD???????????? :lol:

This quinn and everything else bashing coming from 2 guys who claimed clarett would be a STUD running back in the NFL...ALso said we should draft TRoy SMITH as the #3 overall pick 2 years ago...they whined and cried and begged for Troy the savior....the heisman playmaker....

I even remember the bet that Clarett would have more rushing yards for his career than William Green...haha...how did that work out..and willie green is not setting the bar very high to bet against

Like he did in selecting SEWAGE and Crennel............OK I be wit you!

Rich theres no way in hell anyone lerner is currently looking at could even remotely suck as bad as savage or crennel thats not even possible!

Except tucker,chud,McDeadwieght but he isnt going to hire those idiots..i would hope.. :blink:

We've said it a thousand times, but for some reason you never want to come to grips with one fact.

What you just said about Brady Quinn's college career can be said word for word about Peyton Mannings college career.

College doesn't mean shit, there are a plethora of NFL greats that never did shit in college.

How stellar was Terrell Davis's college career?

Conversely true, how many Heisman trophy winners turned into great NFL players?

The difference is that Manning's record in big games was way better than 3-8.............and yep Manning has won big time in the Pro's................... so I ax you wtf has Quinn won in the pro's to justify he was worth a no 1 and no 2 pick?????????????? BE specific!!!!!!!!!!!!........when he does I will be the first to justify he is more than ordinary!

This quinn and everything else bashing coming from 2 guys who claimed clarett would be a STUD running back in the NFL...ALso said we should draft TRoy SMITH as the #3 overall pick 2 years ago...they whined and cried and begged for Troy the savior....the heisman playmaker....

I even remember the bet that Clarett would have more rushing yards for his career than William Green...haha...how did that work out..and willie green is not setting the bar very high to bet against

You are lying whomever you are ...............denial is the greatest abillity of a LOSER..................you be both

If Pioli is taking his time and considering his options (as he should), and McKay won't interview while the Falcons are still alive (as he shouldn't), then should he just take a vacation until someone gives him an answer? Let's say that he's really impressed with Mangini and McDaniels. Should he wait until Mangini gets a job somewhere else? What happens if Pioli decides to take the Kansas City job (which is a pretty plum job--loyal fan base, weak division, and a track record of keeping the GM around so long as you make the playoffs once every decade) and brings McDaniels with him, and McKay decides to stick around in Atlanta? So now we're sometime in the middle of the offseason with no inkling about who the GM will be, and taking a wait-and-see approach to the head coaching job.

Besides, hiring a head coach first does not necessarily mean a mismatch. Unless you're giving the GM absolute power, you can certainly make that part of the interview process--here's the guy who's going to coach the team, here's the philosophy that we're going to employ, how are you going to make it work? A team does need a unifying philosophy, but that doesn't have to come from the front office.

Dennis

How do you guys allow a putz like Rich get under your skin. He believes you can win with a offensive line full of 6th and 7th rounders.

OL guys are a dime a dozen pro bowl center Shaun O'hare was cut by the Browns......and NE won a super bowl with two undrafted FA OL guys staring.......some day you may get it as well.........until then quit trying to tell members the font of knowledge here is a putz :angry: ............geez........I axulally thought you be smart ...........oh my..........i tink i may be wrong again

Rich theres no way in hell anyone lerner is currently looking at could even remotely suck as bad as savage or crennel thats not even possible!

Except tucker,chud,McDeadwieght but he isnt going to hire those idiots..i would hope.. :blink:

I hope you are correct on that!!!!!!!!!!!!

What matters most for a competitive team is W and L's ............and the QB performance in making those W's ...........ND won three games behind Quinn against big time opposition and never scored twenty points in any of those wins............so Quinn was no factor in winning those games

QB's job put points on the board when needed............Quinn failed..............does that translate............who knows

Fact is he did nothing in college to WIN big games and has done nothing in the PRO's to win any games....................

So calling his pick anything but a huge risk at this point is mindless..............

and what Tee Martin did is a meaningless stat...........

here is a meaningful stat............Quinn stunk up the field in biggest game of his college career in the Sugar Bowl against LSU

Oh, I forgot that Brady Quinn was responsible for ND giving up over 30 points a game in those. My bad.

You are just as big a dickhead as Ghoolie and Lumbergh... seriously, all three of you should go find Jim Jones and drink some kool-aid. How the hell can one be so damn miserable in life, let alone of having three of the same j-offs on the same board?

QUOTE (DestinFunk @ Jan 3 2009, 05:02 PM)

You are lying whomever you are ...............denial is the greatest abillity of a LOSER..................you be both

What part is he lying about? You DID claim Clarett was a stud. You DID claim Clarett would have a better career than Willie Green. You DID want Troy Smith. You also wanted Alex Smith and DID claim he'd be a franchise QB. How's that working out for SF?

As for Quinn, he has yet to have a chance in the pros to show whether he is worth the price or not. What was Peyton's record and stats his first season? Quinn hasn't even had a full season yet.

Sorry pal but in the three games against big opponents ND won they never scored 20 points..........so much for Quinn lighting it up.............dickhead making his usual brilliant knowledge and observation about winning and losing ..................while you spend time brainlessly calling those who get it DICKHEAD

What matters most for a competitive team is W and L's ............and the QB performance in making those W's

and what Tee Martin did is a meaningless stat...........

Look what you just wrote, you stupid f#ck. You say the QB is responsible for the wins, so TN wins the title and Tee Martin's input was meaningless??

ROFLMAO - you are so damn bipolar it is not even funny. Seriously, get your meds, take a LOT of them, and go to bed. Dont wake up. Just stay there.

What part is he lying about? You DID claim Clarett was a stud. You DID claim Clarett would have a better career than Willie Green. You DID want Troy Smith. You also wanted Alex Smith and DID claim he'd be a franchise QB. How's that working out for SF?

As for Quinn, he has yet to have a chance in the pros to show whether he is worth the price or not. What was Peyton's record and stats his first season? Quinn hasn't even had a full season yet.

he is lying about all of it..........and you have selective omissive memory................

Clarett never got his chance to do it on the field he got xxxxeed by Andy Geiger and the system who turned him back into the thug he was before he got his chance.........so whatever you say about Clarett is meaningless fact is the guy WON a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in the last game he ever played and MADE THE PLAY OF THE GAME...........and they got fawoiked by the system.....Clarett WAS A STUD......so your argument there is about as dumb as saying Ernie Davis was a bust.........further I never compared Clarett a STUD to POS Green.........that would have been idiotic.............Green Stank it was obvious......Clarett got screwed that is also obvious.........but hang your hat on that.............since you got nothing else but being wrong for five years

Yes I wanted Troy Smith and wanted to use a third round pick on him.........Which part of Troy Smith is a failure..............and yes I wanted Alex Smith.....which part of Alex Smith injured two years and suffering under a useless coach is a failure.......and I NEVER said he would be a franchise QB............but I did say that about RIvers and Ben........now stick your head back upurass................you just do not get it never did and here you are again blowing smoke out urass in inaccurate hindsight

why did you not comment on the twenty five guys I wanted that I was dead on correct about instead of telling half truths about the guys above.................your post was pathetic wimpering...........

he is lying about all of it..........and you have selective omissive memory................

Clarett never got his chance to do it on the field he got xxxxeed by Andy Geiger and the system who turned him back into the thug he was before he got his chance.........so whatever you say about Clarett is meaningless fact is the guy WON a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in the last game he ever played and MADE THE PLAY OF THE GAME...........and they got fawoiked by the system.....Clarett WAS A STUD......so your argument there is about as dumb as saying Ernie Davis was a bust

Yes I wanted Troy Smith and wanted to use a third round pick on him.........Which part of Troy Smith is a failure..............and yes I wanted Alex Smith.....which part of Alex Smith injured two years and suffering under a useless coach is a failure.......and I NEVER said he would be a franchise QB............but I did say that about RIvers and Ben........now stick your head back upurass................you just do not get it never did and here you are again blowing smoke out urass in hindsight

LOL...still sticking to that "Andy Geiger screwed Clarett" story? Yep, I'm pretty sure it was Geiger in that alley with a gun, he was just wearing his Clarett costume from Halloween, eh? You're such a joke!

and does be undeniable facts ichie boy. You even proposed to trade up to get Smith. better do another shooter and hope people don't chime in with more of your comic act.

Archived