THE BROWNS BOARD

Taylor, Real Big Man, Real Deal

calfoxwc

Taylor is more and more starting to assert himself as a big part of the Browns defense.

And, Taylor had a slight MCL sprain, but WENT BACK IN and only missed three plays.

Did anybody else notice (I can't figure out if I have slow motion on Dish Network DVR...)

that on that play, Taylor was being tackled, by an offensive player who frantically was holding

around Taylor's leg with both arms, and not letting go? And no holding call?

Jamie Mitchell is not to be under-appreciated on the line - he's a big kid who can also play.

That's a very fine dline all of a sudden, this year.

My guess is that this D line will be a dominant force WITHIN 2 years. I can't recall a Browns' D line getting the penetration this one does. Also worthy of note is that they do NOT wear down over the course of the game. Lots of high motors out there!

Mike

My guess is that this D line will be a dominant force WITHIN 2 years. I can't recall a Browns' D line getting the penetration this one does. Also worthy of note is that they do NOT wear down over the course of the game. Lots of high motors out there!

Mike

Good point. I do not miss Big Baby one bit.

nah...we should have went out in FA and got a few vets cause these guys are too young to succeed in this league... :P

You're right! With our OLDEST D lineman at 25 & his best years ahead of him, we need some 35 year olds. That way, we'll KNOW what they did 6-8 years ago. :rolleyes:

Mike

You're right! With our OLDEST D lineman at 25 & his best years ahead of him, we need some 35 year olds. That way, we'll KNOW what they did 6-8 years ago. :rolleyes:

Mike

And they are all under contract for 3 years afte this minimum. If they can stay healthy, they will be dominant for years to come.

2 LBs, 1 CB, 1 FS, and some gelling time away from an elite defense, jauron and his assistants have done a tremendous job on this defense but we still lack strong, fast and aggressive players at lolb and rolb, we will also need a young shutdown safety to replace the aging sheldon brown, could skrine could be that guy?

Our offense is going to get better as time goes on and as the o-line gells but we will remain limited in what we can do by a lack of speed at WR and a lack of time to set things up because of it..

We simply dont have a starting WR that can consistently force a defense into covering with extra defenders..

I am sometimes rough on coach shurmur but i think he has the makings of a great coach its just a matter of figuring it all out and getting a couple more playmakers, one with some deep threat speed and one with some slant route speed..

You just get sick of watching slobo and little being blanket covered by LBs, Safety's and CBs jogging along at half speed waiting to make a play on the ball if colt dares to throw it their way..

Speed forces mismatches, slow forces dump offs, sacks and interceptions..

2 LBs, 1 CB, 1 FS, and some gelling time away from an elite defense, jauron and his assistants have done a tremendous job on this defense but we still lack strong, fast and aggressive players at lolb and rolb, we will also need a young shutdown safety to replace the aging sheldon brown, could skrine could be that guy?

Our offense is going to get better as time goes on and as the o-line gells but we will remain limited in what we can do by a lack of speed at WR and a lack of time to set things up because of it..

We simply dont have a starting WR that can consistently force a defense into covering with extra defenders..

I am sometimes rough on coach shurmur but i think he has the makings of a great coach its just a matter of figuring it all out and getting a couple more playmakers, one with some deep threat speed and one with some slant route speed..

You just get sick of watching slobo and little being blanket covered by LBs, Safety's and CBs jogging along at half speed waiting to make a play on the ball if colt dares to throw it their way..

Speed forces mismatches, slow forces dump offs, sacks and interceptions..

Brown and Skrine are CB not FS. For all we know FS is set with the signing of Usama Young, so far this season he has looked fairly good.

Need speed at wr? Why not sign TO or see if Sterling sharp is ready to suit up?

Seriously ...we see some shortcomings...this build is hardly complete. 2 more drafts are needed to get all the pieces assembled. U wont see a single team that does not have holes, so lets spend some time enjoying this young team grow rather than continuously lamenting the pieces we don't have. Those are offseason discussions.

Lets just accept that this roster is what we have for this year. There is nothing to be done about it now....so concentrate on the big picture, the youth development and direction. We're not contending this year, so we should evaluate the overall progression of the team rather than bang those older guys that....while possessing diminished skills....provide that veteran leadership that so many people here think is important. Someone has to Rachel these kids how to be professionals...right?

I'm starting to get the idea, that winning teams get a strict application of the rules.

That hit on Vick not called called.... etc etc etc.

Something seems not quite accordingly to Hoyle with certain refs in the NFL.

Like, every time I hear "well, they are sure lining up fast to snap the ball before

the other team can challenge...."

then I remember bottlegate and why it happened.

This team looks pretty good.

I hope either Blackmon or Jeffery will still be around with our first pick next year, the other first-round pick should be OL. Next year we get Steinbach back, that should fix a few things - another first-round OL and that line should be solid. Hopefully there's a decent CB at the top of the second -- Sheldon can move to backup safety, he's just not getting it done as a CB. Like everyone else, they could use more talent at LB.

This team looks pretty good.

I hope either Blackmon or Jeffery will still be around with our first pick next year, the other first-round pick should be OL. Next year we get Steinbach back, that should fix a few things - another first-round OL and that line should be solid. Hopefully there's a decent CB at the top of the second -- Sheldon can move to backup safety, he's just not getting it done as a CB. Like everyone else, they could use more talent at LB.

Actually, stud RTs can be found in the second round. I agree wr first, but the other first round pick should be a linebacker.

Actually, stud RTs can be found in the second round. I agree wr first, but the other first round pick should be a linebacker.

I think CB/LB/RT best player available with our second 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and 3rd rounder. I think a quality RT could be found in the 3, hell Pinkston wasnt drafted until what the 5th? (i know we want more of a stud at RT but id have to be blown away to pick one in the first). WR is the #1 priority, hopefully Alshon or Blackmon...

Archived