THE BROWNS BOARD

Idiot Niners Fans ...

jnuh

So boredom led me to there board and boy I have to say some of this stuff cracks me up. Take a look and see ...

Do you think now that Alex Smith can be an elite QB?

So this thread is about A. Smith (yes the same Alex Smith who has thrown for less then 201 yards in all but one game this year)and his potential to be an elite QB. according to the poll results only 18% of Niners fans think he will be considered a bust. That sure is a HUGE change of opinion after only 6 games this year (his 7th year) fun fact is through his first 6 years everyone on that board probably was cursing the orginization and accepting that he was a bust. It is funny what managing a game for a 5-1 team will do for you when your fans are tools.

My favorite line in this topic by the OP is ...

Alex is still young, he's 27 and he came to the league at 20. Yes he is gonna be pushing 30 in a few. But when you look around the league, Brady and Manning have a good solid 5 years left.

What is funnier ... After 7 seasons of being a "bust" niners fans are proclaiming that Smith has the potential to be an ELITE qb or the fact that they think Manning has 5 good years left.... Maybe its Eli they are talking about. Maybe Eli is Elite to these idiots.

Prediction thread

This thread is the "prediction thread"

First off ... most of there idiot fanbase think they will score a MINIMUM or 35 and as high as 63 ... For the most part they have us either scoring 3 or 6 with the occasional 10 sprinkled in there. My personal favorite is the 63-0 niners win predicted by some pickle dick niner fan. 5-1 record has gone to these fans heads and have made them forget about how aweful they have been the last 6 or 7 years.

My other favorite prediction is Braylon going for 100+ and 3TD ... And another Braylon, Crabtree, and VDavis all having 100 yard recieving games with a TD each ... While Alex Smith has a monster 400 yard game.

2-14 with Kaepernick or 6-10 with Alex?

Another classic ... before the season they are contemplating they are a 2-14/6-10 team. Now 6 games into the season they are "super Bowl" contenders and think they are the best thing since sliced bread. Funny thing is if we manage to beat them ... we are a game apart from them. The difference will be we know we still suck.

lmao.....very nice. bandwagon fans are great entertainment....but, they're just here to talk football, right?

so this is what ya'll wanna talk about? how your 7th year bust of a QB is turning elite after 6 games? i think whats really amusing is not that you severely overestimate your teams abilities, you severely underestimate ours at the same time. we're sporting a top rated defense this year as well.....yet you geniuses think your gonna hang 60 on us?

sure, lets talk some football....once you get your collective heads outta your asses.

Jnuh,

You and I both know that every fan base, race, religion and country has its fair share of idiots and if you were to go and cherry pick only the things that proved your point then it wouldnt be too hard. Alex will NEVER be an elite QB. Why would we draft Kapernick if our organization thought he was the future. Alex is a game manager. With him at the helm we wont win a Superbowl. This is one Niner fan you cant cherry pick from!

It's all Harbaugh. The ONLY reason that Alex Smith is doing well (adequate really) is because of the coaching, and our ability to run the football. Insert nearly any QB in for Alex Smith, and I guarantee that you will see instant improvement. That said, Kaepernick is worse. If Alex Smith goes down, we're done. That's a fact.

The reason why we predicted so low (I posted in that thread btw) is because we have the same exact roster. We didn't go out and sign big names (a-la Eagles). We kept it in-house. And our draft was bad... or so we thought. Aldon Smith is a beast afterall. Chris Culliver is now our starting corner. We did rather well. And Carlos Rogers, former first round pick with the Redskins, is lighting it up.

It's all the coaching. I've watch every Niner game from beginning to end. I've been a fan for YEARS. I've never seen a team so motivated and play games so detailed before, especially on defense. Sure, we've had lapses at times, but they are less and less as the season goes on. We've also had an extra week to prepare for this game, and it's at home, so we're pretty confident.

I HATE the 49ers fans that join this forum just to bash a great franchise and its fans. They do not represent the true fans of my Niners.

How would Harbaugh know if Alex Smith was the future.... before even having the team and evaluating them?

So they picked Kapernick, before ever even seeing the team because they KNEW Smith was trash?

Lol okay.

Cherry picked.

Thats my point. Alex had done nothing in 6 years to prove he was the future. Harbaugh only had the tell of the tape and and short offseason to come to his decision to bring back Alex. IMO he did this because Smith knew the whole team already and was the most viable option considering the aforementioned short offseason.

I was in that other thread and was ATTEMPTING to talk football.

I'll try again here...

The Browns without a doubt have a chance to win the game. I'd be very surprised if this is a shootout.

1) I'd be shocked if Cleveland ran well against the 49ers. The numbers don't tell the whole story. Its 28 games they haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher...and its not even close. The best rushing performance belongs to Michael Vick with 75 yards. The best #s a RB put up I think is 65.

2) Against the pass tho, they are more suspect. If the Browns pass out of a base set and use alot of play-action, I think they can move the ball. If they go into obvious passing down tho, that where they might get in trouble. Aldon Smith mostly only plays DE (4 man front) in the nickel defense...and He's had 5.5 sacks in the past 3 games. Joe Thomas will be the best LT he's faced tho, so that should be a fun matchup.

3) The Niners are on a roll running the ball here. After a VERY slow start (Gore had 140 yards in the first 3 weeks combined), Gore has been over 120 in EVERY week afterward. It appears to be a case of the O-Line not understanding the blocking schemes at first (damn lockout) and now they are really coming together. The Brown D can be stout...so agian this should be interesting.

4) Alex Smith is not a franchise QB. Anyone who says he is right now doesn't really understand what they are watching. What he has been tho is incredibly efficient. He hasn't put up big numbers, but he hasn't had to. He only completed 11 passes against the Bucs for 170 yards, but three of them we TDs. Watch out for the TEs (Davis and Walker)...they are the key to the entire offense. To be honest, watching Alex plays has started to make me wonder if Luck is the can't miss prospect people say he is. Its not that Alex is better than Luck (not even in the vicinity of being close), but I see alot of Harbaugh influence on both QBs. Interesting.

5) The 49ers are the most efficient team in the league. I have an article I could link here, but you won't care enough to read it. ;-) Essentially, the Niners score the most points per yards gained (about 1 pt per gained yard) while allowing the fewest points per yard (about 1 pts per 20 yards). Why? Great special teams setting up the offense. No critical errors. Great Red Zone D and the ability to completely shut down the run.

I do think the Niners will win this game, but it's not going to be a cakewalk. I've actually like McCoy since college so I'm curious to see him play. Hillis coming back would be helpful, but I just don't see them getting alot of headway in the run game.

If the Brown play mistake free football, play well on special teams, and run alot of play-action passes....I think they have a good shot.

So boredom led me to there board and boy I have to say some of this stuff cracks me up. Take a look and see ...

Do you think now that Alex Smith can be an elite QB?

So this thread is about A. Smith (yes the same Alex Smith who has thrown for less then 201 yards in all but one game this year)and his potential to be an elite QB. according to the poll results only 18% of Niners fans think he will be considered a bust. That sure is a HUGE change of opinion after only 6 games this year (his 7th year) fun fact is through his first 6 years everyone on that board probably was cursing the orginization and accepting that he was a bust. It is funny what managing a game for a 5-1 team will do for you when your fans are tools.

My favorite line in this topic by the OP is ...

Alex is still young, he's 27 and he came to the league at 20. Yes he is gonna be pushing 30 in a few. But when you look around the league, Brady and Manning have a good solid 5 years left.

What is funnier ... After 7 seasons of being a "bust" niners fans are proclaiming that Smith has the potential to be an ELITE qb or the fact that they think Manning has 5 good years left.... Maybe its Eli they are talking about. Maybe Eli is Elite to these idiots.

Prediction thread

This thread is the "prediction thread"

First off ... most of there idiot fanbase think they will score a MINIMUM or 35 and as high as 63 ... For the most part they have us either scoring 3 or 6 with the occasional 10 sprinkled in there. My personal favorite is the 63-0 niners win predicted by some pickle dick niner fan. 5-1 record has gone to these fans heads and have made them forget about how aweful they have been the last 6 or 7 years.

My other favorite prediction is Braylon going for 100+ and 3TD ... And another Braylon, Crabtree, and VDavis all having 100 yard recieving games with a TD each ... While Alex Smith has a monster 400 yard game.

2-14 with Kaepernick or 6-10 with Alex?

Another classic ... before the season they are contemplating they are a 2-14/6-10 team. Now 6 games into the season they are "super Bowl" contenders and think they are the best thing since sliced bread. Funny thing is if we manage to beat them ... we are a game apart from them. The difference will be we know we still suck.

...and BTW....the lunatic fringe exists in EVERY NFL Forum. Super Bowl Contenders? Who knows...way too much football left.

The Vets typically go into that forum to slap down the craziest of them, but there is also a Vets forum full of poeple who have been around alot longer.

The last place to look for intelligent Niner fans is the official board, that is for sure.

Smith will never be elite. This is not going to be a blowout game, and I think that the majority of us that came over here this week are really here to see what you guys think of the game, get some insight on your fanbase's view of your team and the game and generally to bs about the upcoming week.

I was shocked at the point spread in Vegas to be completely honest.

I think this is a game where the first team to 20 will win, and neither team could score 20 either way.

I have only watched a couple of your games and your team is not a pushover.

That having been said, not every Niner fan is a bandwagon fan. I know that I have been following the 49ers since I was 6 years old, so for 20 years and have been posting on various Niner forums for about 4 years, generally laughing at and arguing with the absolute homers in the crowd.

Either way. I hope it is a good and competitive game with no serious injuries. I saw today that Hillis is practicing and should play.

49er fan here. My first and only post on your board. I was only going to read your boards and not sign up, but i saw all the annoying 49ers fans so here's my 2 cents.

Every team has its die hard fans, homers, bandwagon fans when they are good.

Yeah most of these 49er fans on your board are annoying.

http://forums.49ers.com is an AWFUL board, 80-90% are blind homers, but even though they are blind homers most are die hard fans too.

The 49ers are 5-1 and McDaniels went 6-0 in his 1st year and then crashed and burned. I think we have a good team, but i'm going by the "wait and see" approach on the 49ers. Alex Smith is a bust, but is managing the game well(so i give him credit). Hopefully he isnt the answer for the future, but he's the best we got right now.

Both defenses are good so it should be a great game. Cheers.

^_^

And excelled in none of them?

Steve Young did pretty well in Tampa, right?

Not comparing my favorite and one of the best of all time to an average guy, but bad situations bring the worst out of players.

Shit, If Emmitt Smith played behind Barry Sanders line he would have been another run of the mill back with 3 or 4 good years.

If Hillis steps onto the field, there is a good chance he might be carried off it. Our team has had the reputation of breaking RB's this season.

Actually you have a reputation as a poor pass defense. Hillis can catch too. It'll be fun watching your fems in the secondary trying to stop that train.

Your team is ranked 27th in offense and 11th in defense.

We are 23rd and 4th.

You have the 31st ranked passing offense, we have the #1 passing defense.

Please explain to me why you think your team is so damn scary, because no one else sees it.

Zombo

its funny but 49ers fans are coming out in flocks and droves here in sacramento..

49ers are much improved but they are not a power house.

The Browns look bad, but can def pull off the upset.

Wouldn't Sacramento be primarily Raider territory, seeing as how it is closer to the East Bay?

Actually you have a reputation as a poor pass defense. Hillis can catch too. It'll be fun watching your fems in the secondary trying to stop that train.

Your team is ranked 27th in offense and 11th in defense.

We are 23rd and 4th.

You have the 31st ranked passing offense, we have the #1 passing defense.

Please explain to me why you think your team is so damn scary, because no one else sees it.

Zombo

Browns fans must be embarrassed by you.

You comebacks are weak and your football logic is flawed.

Your 4th rated defense has the EASIEST schedule in the league in terms of offenses they've played.

Only the raiders are ranked in the top 15 and that was the game Campbell left early.

Your defense is wildly overrated. You've played 5 bottom 10 teams offensively.

Your offense is playing like shit against bad defenses. 6 points against Seattle?????

We on the other hand have the hardest first 6 games of ANY team in the NFL!!!!

Now run along back to your sand box Zombo....

Only the raiders are ranked in the top 15 and that was the game Campbell left early.

Left early? You make it sound like he had a bus to catch.

We ended his season. Mr. Smith is next.

Zombo

Browns fans must be embarrassed by you.

You comebacks are weak and your football logic is flawed.

Your 4th rated defense has the EASIEST schedule in the league in terms of offenses they've played.

Your defense is wildly overrated. You've played 5 bottom 10 teams offensively.

Your offense is playing like shit against bad defenses. 6 points against Seattle?????

We on the other hand have the hardest first 6 games of ANY team in the NFL!!!!

Now run along back to your sand box Zombo....

hardest scheduale in the NFL so far?? Really?? It has been harder then ours I will give you that ...

But you played 2 losing teams, 1 500 teams, and 3 team with winning records. And 2 out of 3 of the winning team are playing well over there talent level much like the Niners. Its not like you guys are handing it to teams like the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and Packers (the elite teams) you are beating teams that are very beatable teams. I am not taking anything away from you a win is a win ... but you guys need to come back down to earth.

2011 Niners has 2009 Broncos written all over it guys.

hardest scheduale in the NFL so far?? Really?? It has been harder then ours I will give you that ...

But you played 2 losing teams, 1 500 teams, and 3 team with winning records. And 2 out of 3 of the winning team are playing well over there talent level much like the Niners. Its not like you guys are handing it to teams like the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and Packers (the elite teams) you are beating teams that are very beatable teams. I am not taking anything away from you a win is a win ... but you guys need to come back down to earth.

...just need to interject here. Actually, going into last week (and things have probably changed a bit) the Niners had the hardest schedule in terms of opposing teams win % than any other 5 win or undeafeated team (Packers) in the NFL. That may have changed as the Lions lost, but that is a fact (trying to find the link).

Are some of those teams overperforming(Lions, Bengals)? Probably. Are some underperforming(Eagles)? Probably. The numbers are still the numbers.

The Niners are the most efficiant team in the NFL (most points per yard on O and fewest points per yard on D).

Have the Niners proved anything yet? Not really...but the enthusiasm isn't based on nothing. The Special Teams have been outstanding and have provided great field position all year. Thats on of the reason yardage is low and points are high...short fields. Alex Smith threw for 170 yards against the Bucs, but they still scored 48 points.

Some of the stats you guys are looking at are pretty badly scewed as well. 22nd against the pass? Yes, but 475 of those yards came against Mike Vick...mostly when he scrambled away from a should have been sack and made a superman play. McCoy ain't Mike Vick.

The most impressive thing about this team? The reason Niner fans are going freakin' nuts right now? Prior to this season, the Niners had been 4-36 on the road in the Eastern Time zone. This year? 3-0. They have been winning these games, and they haven't even gotten close to their potential. They were supposed to be under .500 at this point in the season. The hope was to just get to .500 at the halfway point and then make a push against the divisional opponents at the end of the year. Instead, they just swept the hardest portion of the schedule...the east coast swing.

I'm sure you guys can look at the numbers as well and break them down just as I have for the Browns. Bottom line tho, the numbers aren't what wins the games.

This won't be a blowout. I'm sure of that, but the numbers don't really tell you why the Niners are 5-1. It ain't luck. They are good. They are just unconventional. They run unconventional formations and run plays. They'll put 7 O'Linemen on the field with 2 TEs.....and throw the ball. The biggest problem teams have in defending them is that they can never tell if its run or pass.

This should be a fun game to watch.

I repeat NO team in the NFL has played a harder first 6 games than us!!

Our opponents have more wins than any other team in the NFl- It was like 560.

Considering we only lost one of the games, that number could have been much higher!

SI just released an article explaining why we are the best coached team in football.

You guys are 4th worst in scoring.

Our defense is second in scoring.

An when you say "beatable teams" I assume you mean us beating them. Because you guys couldnt beat the lions, bucs, or the eagles. Hell you guys barely beat our perennial doormat. The hawks!

Left early? You make it sound like he had a bus to catch.

We ended his season. Mr. Smith is next.

Zombo

As I recall a browns player fell on top of him....

Not to glamorous.

But that wasnt the point. The point was that with Campbell out and Boller in you guys havent played even a decent offense at this point in the season.

What are you referring to? Are you saying that because the Hawks have a great rush D that that is the reason why you only scored 6 points?

Pathetic.

whats that you say? their defense is just like yours? terrible against the pass, good against the run? what we put upon the #1 rush defense? 122yards i believe? with our backup running back who has only started 4 games?

damn some of ya'll are bordlerline xxxxing Retarded....

Um...Seattle had the #1 rated rush defense dumbass....

Irony is u talking about others being illogical.

What you talking about Willis? When did Seattle have the number one ranked rush defense? after week one maybe, they played us well and only allowed Gore like 55 yds or so... Dallas has been the number one rush defense all year and Sea is #11.

whats that you say? their defense is just like yours? terrible against the pass, good against the run? what we put upon the #1 rush defense? 122yards i believe? with our backup running back who has only started 4 games?

What??? You did not just compare our defense with the Hawks!!

We are second in scoring! who gives a shit how many yards are put up!

Vick put up 470! You know they still lost right?

Stafford put up almost 300! They still lost! At home!

We have played 4 top 10 running backs! not one of them has gotten over 65 yards!

Hillis isnt even playing(not that it would mattter)

Yards dont equal wins! points do!

...and IM the Retard?!?

LOL!!! On how many carries? 41. What's that average, like less than 3 yards per carry?. Wow. Impressive.

Seattle has a stout run D (they shut down Gore), but seriously dude....6 pts. Niners scored 33. Even if you take out the punt returns, its 19 pts and they'd have had the ball on those possessions. Why do you give your team credit for winning and discount the win for the Niners? HOMERISM.

Archived