THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Release Slowbiskie

halfsane

Kind of like being a Browns fan and never playing for them!!!!

That argument doesn't really work. They are a professional team, and OSU is college. Like it or not a college is just that, a school. The athletes are all students there, meaning they are obviously a part of the school. Students, alumni, and faculty are all part of this school too. Also being a school, it doesn't represent the entire state. How could it? are all the students from Ohio? NO. Are all the athletes from Ohio? NO. Does it represent Ohio because it's namesake alone? Then how to you explain Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan, all the other schools with Ohio in their name? You can say that since it's a state school, it gets money from taxes of Ohio residents. But what about Kent, Akron, BG, Cincy, and the dozens of other big schools in Ohio.

Just face it, OSU fans are like the 30 year old man who hangs around college parties.

That argument doesn't really work. They are a professional team, and OSU is college. Like it or not a college is just that, a school. The athletes are all students there, meaning they are obviously a part of the school. Students, alumni, and faculty are all part of this school too. Also being a school, it doesn't represent the entire state. How could it? are all the students from Ohio? NO. Are all the athletes from Ohio? NO. Does it represent Ohio because it's namesake alone? Then how to you explain Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan, all the other schools with Ohio in their name? You can say that since it's a state school, it gets money from taxes of Ohio residents. But what about Kent, Akron, BG, Cincy, and the dozens of other big schools in Ohio.

Just face it, OSU fans are like the 30 year old man who hangs around college parties.

Congrats on your 400th post bashing OSU. A FOOTBALL FAN falls in love with their team long before going off to College, just because you weren't a fan of football before the age of 18? doesn't mean the rest of us can't be. Whether their student athletes or professional athletes doesn't matter. The NCAA is the minor league's for the NFL, what happens in college football affects what happens in the pros. To ignore the future of the game would be irresponsible.

Can I get a link to where someone suggested that Robiskie was going to be a star? It seems like a few OSU haters are just blowing shit out of their ass. I think the upside of Robiskie at the draft was that he was probably the most NFL ready WR intelligence wise. Even at that he was a second rounder. I really don't remember reading anything ever that said he was going to be a stud.

Congrats on your 400th post bashing OSU. A FOOTBALL FAN falls in love with their team long before going off to College, just because you weren't a fan of football before the age of 18? doesn't mean the rest of us can't be. Whether their student athletes or professional athletes doesn't matter. The NCAA is the minor league's for the NFL, what happens in college football affects what happens in the pros. To ignore the future of the game would be irresponsible.

You pick your college team like you pick every other team, with your family watching them. Most of us never had a chance to pick our own team when we were kids, our families did that for us. All my family talked about was Browns, Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes so like most kids in OHIO I liked who my family liked.

No offense, but an Akron fan trying to shit on OSU is like a midget trying dunk a basketball.

If your only argument on the situation is that OSU homers expect the best out of the players coming from Columbus, then it's a pretty weak argument. We expect the best from the because they've been playing college football for one of the most storied programs in the nation. Whether or not you choose to believe that is immaterial, it's fact.

The sheer difference in skill level between the two schools is similar to that of the skill differential between the NCAA and the NFL. You have one of your Akron men come walk on at OSU, and see how hard you root for him to succeed. Then, I believe you'll understand where we are coming from.

Furthermore, to say we can't be fans of a school because we didn't attend there is ludicrous. You don't have to be an alumnus of a school to root for said school's athletic teams. It's quite difficult to get into OSU, and a rejection letter shouldn't also include a revocation of a person's fandom.

Not all of us wanted to settle for Akron for our higher educations.

Your a poor representation of the state.

You're* Let me know when I buy players, steal little kids raffle money, just after reading the bible with my assistant coaches(Jim Tressell) or when I head up an athletic department, that knowingly allows those things to happen.

Then and only then, will I be as poor a "representation", of this state, as OSU.

(just curious, what sort of representation of Ohio am I? Am I wearing an Ohio costume? Am I a book or movie, based on Ohio, that has somehow manifested my author or director's opinions and bias, interacting through some sort of unknown meta-cognitive ability that inanimate objects have which humanity has yet to discover?)

Shame... Shame on you people supporting Big football. Legends and Leaders are merely Liars and Cheaters.

.. see Tennessee in the Citrus Bowl. Cheating would be twisting Pryor's ankle after tackling him.

And so would allowing shady individuals to buy him a xxxxing hummer, you whore!

How do you not notice that? Are you Retarded? You have a registry, that says what each player drives. You have people practicing around him every day, staff checking up on him, and yet I am to believe you are completely ignorant of the fact that this little shit, who has basically no money; is driving a $100,000 vehicle? You should be bitch slapped for suggesting such a thing.

As for the gear, rules are rules. Between that and your running backs assualting people, I wonder how they got into such a prestine institution? Could it be that you have no class and will do anything you can to gain an upper hand, even if it means corrupting young men, cutting corners on regulations and buying players nice things? Yeah. I think so.

Oh let me guess, Pryor had a relative who died and left him some money? Did he win the lottery? Yeah, you're disgusting. Sleaze balls.

I think its funny you guys are labeling him a bust already. He's played for the Browns, with nobody to get him the ball. He's gonna make somebody happy, somebody that knows how to use him.

I think three years is plenty of time to evaluate a WR. Let's see.... For his career Robo has 39 catches, 441 yards, 3 TDs. In 8 games AJ Green has 33 catches, 516 yards, 5 TDs.

By comparison my old pal Chad Muchostinko (also a second round pick) didn't do much his rookie year either- but he lit it up for 1,000+ yards his second and third seasons.

How do you not notice that? Are you Retarded? You have a registry, that says what each player drives. You have people practicing around him every day, staff checking up on him, and yet I am to believe you are completely ignorant of the fact that this little shit, who has basically no money; is driving a $100,000 vehicle? You should be bitch slapped for suggesting such a thing.

As for the gear, rules are rules. Between that and your running backs assualting people, I wonder how they got into such a prestine institution? Could it be that you have no class and will do anything you can to gain an upper hand, even if it means corrupting young men, cutting corners on regulations and buying players nice things? Yeah. I think so.

Oh let me guess, Pryor had a relative who died and left him some money? Did he win the lottery? Yeah, you're disgusting. Sleaze balls.

crying_baby.jpg

I think three years is plenty of time to evaluate a WR. Let's see.... For his career Robo has 39 catches, 441 yards, 3 TDs. In 8 games AJ Green has 33 catches, 516 yards, 5 TDs.

By comparison my old pal Chad Muchostinko (also a second round pick) didn't do much his rookie year either- but he lit it up for 1,000+ yards his second and third seasons.

Your comparing a 2nd round pick to a top 5 overall pick. AJ Green was expected to be a #1 guy, he's got superior size and athleticism. Thats not Robiskie, or what anybody thought he would be. He's a possession receiver. Good routes, great hands, tall, he's gonna make plays when you need them. On third down's or in the redzone. He's not the guy on 1st down to outrun the DB for a 40 yard post, he's the guy on 3rd down, they know your passing, everybody's covered and you need somebody to make a play. He's gonna be the guy to make it, throw it to him and give him a chance.

So what 100,000 dollar car was Pryor driving while at OSU. Was it that used mazda that everyone was blowing way out of proportion? You are correct in saying they broke rules trading their own gear. Rules are rules and they broke them and should be punished. But your exaggerating when saying he was driving a 100000 dollar car when the blue book value of the car was in fact 16k and change. Also your prior post about the raffle money was a false claim by george doohrman much like most of his article. It was pure speculation.

Oh and as far as jamaal berry goes... I hope best for him and hope he gets his life turned around but unfortunately I do not see his career continuing on the field at ohio state.

Archived