THE BROWNS BOARD

Shurmur

why cant we win

this guy has to go or something he is romeo 2.0 i don't think i have ever seen such a horrible xxxxing offense before colt has no time to throw the ball hes always on the run the receivers can not get open our rbs are horrible the best part of our offense is our te's and we don't even use them. of course our defense is going to give up a bunch of yards when they are on the field for 75% of the game. i think colt can be a good qb in the right system and our system isn't it with this douche at the helm. blow it up now before we waste another 2 season with him as head coach.

This is the worst offense i have ever seen, its not even possible to win like this..

This shitty version of the WCO must go and if that means shurmur must go so be it...

This regime sucks for not ending this shit right way, ignorant boneheaded arrogant fuukwads..

I didnt think running an offense could get any more stupid than mangini, boy was i wrong..

this guy has to go or something he is romeo 2.0 i don't think i have ever seen such a horrible xxxxing offense before colt has no time to throw the ball hes always on the run the receivers can not get open our rbs are horrible the best part of our offense is our te's and we don't even use them. of course our defense is going to give up a bunch of yards when they are on the field for 75% of the game. i think colt can be a good qb in the right system and our system isn't it with this douche at the helm. blow it up now before we waste another 2 season with him as head coach.

I saw Metcalf up the middle, part II, didn't work.

That's not the worst part. Totally balless- hello? Your down three scores in the second half, on the Texans 35 forth down, and kick a xxxxing FG? Go home loser!!!!!

As bad as we look right now, there's no way in hell I'm starting all over again. Forget about it, I want stability, lets actually follow through with a plan for once.

How can you follow through with a plan when you have a coach calling a conservative game plan when he's getting the tar beat out of him? Keep the score down?

As bad as we look right now, there's no way in hell I'm starting all over again. Forget about it, I want stability, lets actually follow through with a plan for once.

fxxk that!! you fxxkin holmgren douches have to realize he's waaaaay done/irrelevant/pasae.

it was alright to bash the mangini regime and now you homers want stability?

lerner has no balls, let alone holmgren and shurmur.

keep heckert and everyone else gets flushed down the toilet like the pieces of shit they are.

How can you follow through with a plan when you have a coach calling a conservative game plan when he's getting the tar beat out of him? Keep the score down?

I don't know the answer, but I do know changing regime's every year or two isn't the answer. I was never in favor of firing Mangini, and never had a warm feeling about Shurmur or Holmgren. I thought Heckert and Mangini would be excellent together.

I believe our offense is really being held back right now because of all the first year players that are starting. My theory is he wants to keep it as simple as possible so there not thinking and just playing. They won't come out and say it but I really think they think this season is a wash. No offseason and all the turnover in coaching and players, I really believe they just want to establish and execute the most basic WCO they can, and learn to perfect that, and build onto that next year. Lavaou, Pinkston, Hardesty, Marecic, Little, McCoy all have less that a year starting experience, its hard to do anything other than the most basic gameplan when half your lineup are basically rookies. The good thing is next year they'll have the experience from this year to build on in the same system together and expand it and have a full offseason to do so.

I've been very critical of McCoy lately, really unfairly on my part due to my frustrations. But I really do believe he can and will be a good QB. But due to the age and experience of everybody around him its gonna take time. If they keep this thing together, add a couple playmakers in the draft and add wrinkles and shifts and hotroutes and checks to the basic gameplan we have this year. Their experience this year trying to execute basic plays will be extremely valuable when all that is in place.

Amen...as bad as I hate whats goin on every sunday I'm tired of the rotating doorway that will have us at the bottom of the barrel guaranteed...

so lets keep a horrible coach to maintain continuity, that way we continually...suck. great xxxxing plan....

Hows 6 coaches in 12 years working out for us. Believe it or not the same way players get better with experience so do coaches. You know how many great coaches have came and went through Cleveland because they "sucked" and go on to be excellent coaches. For the love of god, get behind somebody for once.

and now all the old "i was never in favor firing mangini" mugs come on here and say "oh i never wanted that" when they were the ones screaming for his head.

how do you feel now, Aholes?

daboll (even though i don't like him) today looked like a genius play-caller. mangini on espn within 30 secs of analyzing a game makes holgren AND shurmur look like nose-pickin scrubs that got lucky by association.

c'mon geniuses, where you at? remember i got a list of all you mofos. start eatin' it.

Hows 6 coaches in 12 years working out for us. Believe it or not the same way players get better with experience so do coaches. You know how many great coaches have came and went through Cleveland because they "sucked" and go on to be excellent coaches. For the love of god, get behind somebody for once.

yeah. i was behind the regime last year. AND YOU??

why does it have to be your pick as a coach for us to get behind?

but i'll take it as YOU liked the shurmur hire. good job.

it hasn't....but you think a guy with enough common sense to try establishing the run in the 3rd Q after we're down 21 points is gonna suddenly become intelligent?

how many of those 6 coaches have had success once they left here?

Don't know what you been reading but I've NEVER once said fire Mangini, I supported him Daboll and Ryan when 90% of you were calling for their heads. And I'm not gonna call for Shurmurs head either, I want to see a plan followed through to the end. We've had a revolving door since the team came back in 99, thats gotten us nothing. Stability is the only thing thats gonna get this team on the right track right now.

it hasn't....but you think a guy with enough common sense to try establishing the run in the 3rd Q after we're down 21 points is gonna suddenly become intelligent?

how many of those 6 coaches have had success once they left here?

I don't think any of them have had another shot at another head coaching gig except Butch Davis, but that was college. That's not really the point though. If your only giving a new head coach two years to turn around an already bad team, its never gonna get better because your gonna continue to have a massive turnover of players to fit the next coaches schemes. Teams like the Steelers and Ravens can just insert a young first year head coach and win because they have a core franchise plan that they follow and they get a coach that believes in that plan. So they don't have the turnover in players, they stick to their belief's and find coaches with the same belief's.

I don't think any of them have had another shot at another head coaching gig except Butch Davis, but that was college. That's not really the point though. If your only giving a new head coach two years to turn around an already bad team, its never gonna get better because your gonna continue to have a massive turnover of players to fit the next coaches schemes. Teams like the Steelers and Ravens can just insert a young first year head coach and win because they have a core franchise plan that they follow and they get a coach that believes in that plan. So they don't have the turnover in players, they stick to their belief's and find coaches with the same belief's.

yeah but those owners want to win. they weren't just given a team by birthright, decided they couldn't do anything right themselves, hire some fat floozy who had one foot out the door already and let them have free reign to hire family and friends.

no. they have everything invested in their team and WANT to win and they've been there forever.

so you think that lerner hiring holmgren was a good move?

yeah but those owners want to win. they weren't just given a team by birthright, decided they couldn't do anything right themselves, hire some fat floozy who had one foot out the door already and let them have free reign to hire family and friends.

no. they have everything invested in their team and WANT to win and they've been there forever.

Since Lerner doesn't have a core belief or even a clue about football, I'm gonna say yes. Holmgren has very stong belief's in what he want's and has put people in place to execute them. Whether the plan will be successful will have to wait and see, but atleast there is a plan and everybody in the organization know's what he want's and is on the same page.

hated the Holmgren hire he was a great coach and a terrible GM.. Told my buddies when he hired Pat, " this is the hire that gets Holmgren fired."

Since Lerner doesn't have a core belief or even a clue about football, I'm gonna say yes. Holmgren has very stong belief's in what he want's and has put people in place to execute them. Whether the plan will be successful will have to wait and see, but atleast there is a plan and everybody in the organization know's what he want's and is on the same page.

what's the timetable when we as fans or those that have executive power can decide whether or not his plan has worked? we give one guy a five year plan but pull him two. another a five year plan and pull him three.

what side of the browns' fan fence gets to decide on whether or not not to give one guy an extra year as oppossed to the other guy getting only one?

what you guys wear bright orange pants or something?

I think the bigger problem is an understanding of what you want your team to be, and that starts with Lerner. You gotta have a understanding of what kind of system you want to run, what kind of players you want, etc. And you have to stick to that as an organization. You can't continue to change your philosophy as a whole with every change in the organization. Once you have a strong hold on implementing what you want and you feel you should be much better than what you are, then you look into a coaching change. But if there is a coaching change you have to look for coaches that share your philosophy. You can't be completely starting over with every change, you find the guy you think can execute your organizational plan better, not implement his own.

I for one was like a lot of people, not wanting to fire EM. We we fired EM our special teams coach also left. He now is in San Fran doing wonders over there. I have did not understand the Shurmer hire, a part of me thinks he is just here for a year to put the system in, and then Holgrem will bring in the head coach he wanted along. With the lock out there was nobody he wanted. Just what a part of me thinks..

As for Holgrem, yes I do support Mike. Has he made mistake sure..Not signing Vickers, and maybe Shurmer. The whole signing free agents and drafting Jones blah,blah,blah...

1. you have to have free agents that want to come here.

2. looks like Mike and our front office was looking to upgrade our defense in there first two drafts, thats the way they went. Fine with me.

Everybody wants Colt to get benched, you can not blame him for today!!! We have A LOT MORE ISSUES THAN COLT ON OFFENSE...Again not a Colt fan do not like him at all, but that kid got killed today....

The one thing I do not understand, is that when your team does not have the talent on offense, why do you kee[p doing the samething..This year is not a extended 16 games of pre-season..You play to win. Do I believe the players our out there to win..Some Sure I do..

Dear Shurmer,

When you are down to your 4th and 5th running backs that are small and quick, you get these guys out in space!!!! you ran two screen passes in this game. what happen?? They both went for 15 yrds each! Aslo Mr. Shurmer, if you do not take chances down the field the Defense will put all 11 defenders 10-12 yrds from the LOS, this will get you QB killed, ask Colt the man will be feeling today forthe next couple of days.

Shurmer need figure it out quick please, I do not want to be a Goolie or a Rich...

It's hilarious. All of this.

Fire him now, hire someone else and install a new system. By OTA's next year we should be good.

We'd be as far along in the new system for next week than we are in this bastardized WCO we're running now.

so, what's the solution then mike? let's just roll with this?

it's like rolling off the used car lot with the guys smiling at you and waving and your tire is about to fall off. just keep driving?

FYI if they fired Shurmer tomorrow, and had Juron take over the rest of the yr. It would not set us back anymore than we already are. If tehy did that, that would mean they have some ready togo ASAP..

Now I AM NOT SAYING FIRE SHURMER, but fact is if they did, it would not hurt us as much as people think

Archived