THE BROWNS BOARD

Shurmur

why cant we win

Fire him NOW!

A good coach doesn't play a system, they create and call plays to get the best out of their talent. Example 3rd and 2 and we run flood routes all to the same side with not one route more than 5 yards and the ball is dropped on a quik out.

This guy makes me sick every Sunday watching the crap he throws out on the field. I didn't even watch the whole game today I went to Myrtle Beach with the wife and when I got back I started watching the recording. Thank God I didn't waste my afternoon watching this crap! It made me sick knowing that any good high school coach would beat his ass any day of the week.

Atleast under Mangini it was fun to watch some smash mouth football while our team was still in the game after the 1st quarter.

exactly.

got the nbc football game of the sunday night and watching 2 teams that are actually motivated to play.

a little scatback like ray rice breaking thru the steelers DLine? linebackers and OLmen punching each other. players that want to win?

big difference from what i've seen from the browns in about 20 years.

disgraceful.

Ghoolie, can the shit. Obama is going to be president for another 4 years, so shut the xxxx up already and go back to picketing soldier's funerals along with the rest of the Westboro Baptist Church.

We're all tired of your blowhard bullshit. Just shut the xxxx up already.

don't kid youselves.

Daboll effing sucks worse than Schumur.

Don't lift him up as an example because he won one game this year.

atrocious.

nobody is saying that. wow. did the smarm just go way over your head?

yeah it did.

look in the rear view. sarcasm is about a mile back.

and no, shurmur RIGHT NOW does NOT look better than daboll on his worse day.

how about a fake field goal when you know your team is about 38 points less dangerous than your opponent, huh, mr. genious?

I seriously have a feeling we're going to get news Monday that Shurmur is gone.

Shurmur looks like Mangini looked a couple years ago with his hat on sideways and his hands on his sides. Looking

like a little fat kid that just got his dinner taken away.

The difference is that Shurmur isn't fat... he is just Retarded.

and now all the old "i was never in favor firing mangini" mugs come on here and say "oh i never wanted that" when they were the ones screaming for his head.

how do you feel now, Aholes?

daboll (even though i don't like him) today looked like a genius play-caller. mangini on espn within 30 secs of analyzing a game makes holgren AND shurmur look like nose-pickin scrubs that got lucky by association.

c'mon geniuses, where you at? remember i got a list of all you mofos. start eatin' it.

I hated Mangina the day they hired him and I still hate his conservative approach...you can have him

I hated Mangina the day they hired him and I still hate his conservative approach...you can have him

Roger that. Talk about looking back with rose colored glasses. Have you forgotten the 1-11 mangini start followed up with duel 5-11's? He is good at what he is doing now. Talking about football just like the rest of us.

Did you guys forget that we didn't have a cupcake shit eater schedule last season with Mangini like we do now?

Did you Retards forget he was using Jake Del xxxxing Homme, Seneca Wallace, and rookie QB all with ankle injuries?

Did you ftards forget that we were in nearly every game last season and lost most by less than a touchdown?

Well, I know the record was still shit but Mangini did much better with less than. The team was motivated, played hard, and didn't lose games on the second play of the game. You all cry give this Bozo head coach time but everyone wanted Mangini's head when he had the team playing way above their potential (albeit still losing but not losing like we are now).

This team is a pile of dog shit compared to what Mangini had going.

xxxx this "it's all about wins" argument. We all understand a coach is judged by his record. That's clear.

But if you can honestly sit there and say this product we're watching every week is better than or even the same as what we had last year, then you are delusional.

You want to talk about wins? Put this team up against Mangini's team and Mangini's wins 11 of 10 times.

I am absolutely 100% against the coaching carousel that's been in place in Cleveland since the Browns retuned. But Shurmur may very well be the worst HC we've had. He's over his head, and his "WCO" is dated and completely ineffective. It's been proven week after week. He was only hired because of his uncle, and his extremely moderate success with what most considered the most NFL-ready QB from the last couple drafts.

Shurmur is in over his head. It's plain fact. We can sit here and point fingers at Colt or the OL or Hillis or the WR but a good coach wins with whatever talent he has. That's what makes him a good coach. With this offense, bringing in every FA in the offseason wouldn't have done us jack shit.

Shurmur has eeked out wins over the three worst teams in the league, all the while showing his complete lack of ability to change or adapt. If you want to talk about wins, talk about that. He's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

We will not win with Shurmur at HC. We'll never reach full potential with this awful offensive system in place. Don't be surprised if Holmgren is our HC by week 15.

its offense baby! right? well, hows this offense doin ya? good thing we have a coaching staff and FO that know about that facet of the game...right?

lmao...you hate mangini's conservative approach? you gotta be loving shurmurs!

this guy has to go or something he is romeo 2.0 i don't think i have ever seen such a horrible xxxxing offense before colt has no time to throw the ball hes always on the run the receivers can not get open our rbs are horrible the best part of our offense is our te's and we don't even use them. of course our defense is going to give up a bunch of yards when they are on the field for 75% of the game. i think colt can be a good qb in the right system and our system isn't it with this douche at the helm. blow it up now before we waste another 2 season with him as head coach.

what do you expect with Chris Opiedopie, Greg Little, Mo mASS, and Cribbs? The playmakers on this team are a joke. Colt Mccoy is no Dan Marino but he has less offensive threats than a healthy Oklahoma Sooner team. This team is a laughing stock as they are every year..

I don't know the answer, but I do know changing regime's every year or two isn't the answer. I was never in favor of firing Mangini, and never had a warm feeling about Shurmur or Holmgren. I thought Heckert and Mangini would be excellent together.

I believe our offense is really being held back right now because of all the first year players that are starting. My theory is he wants to keep it as simple as possible so there not thinking and just playing. They won't come out and say it but I really think they think this season is a wash. No offseason and all the turnover in coaching and players, I really believe they just want to establish and execute the most basic WCO they can, and learn to perfect that, and build onto that next year. Lavaou, Pinkston, Hardesty, Marecic, Little, McCoy all have less that a year starting experience, its hard to do anything other than the most basic gameplan when half your lineup are basically rookies. The good thing is next year they'll have the experience from this year to build on in the same system together and expand it and have a full offseason to do so.

I've been very critical of McCoy lately, really unfairly on my part due to my frustrations. But I really do believe he can and will be a good QB. But due to the age and experience of everybody around him its gonna take time. If they keep this thing together, add a couple playmakers in the draft and add wrinkles and shifts and hotroutes and checks to the basic gameplan we have this year. Their experience this year trying to execute basic plays will be extremely valuable when all that is in place.

Well, is the only thing holding this offense back essentially our two healthy running backs are in week two of training camp? And as to keeping it simple? McCoy is getting blitzed on every other play- ever hear of a draw or screen pass? Ever hear of changing your protections when you see a defender with a free pass to blitz McCoy untouched? Ever think of going for it on fourth down on the opponents 35 yard line instead of kicking a FG when your down three TDs in the third quarter?

And I'm not buying the "new system" stuff either Harbaugh put in a "new system" and it seems to be working quite nicely in San Fran. Rookies? Man, those rookies Andy Dalton and AJ Green sure are looking bad in the 'Nati. They're not you say?

Proof Shurmur isn't the answer, is that the Browns come out run an offensive series (after the first play fumble, that is), that makes it look like Shurmur prepared them for ANOTHER team other than the Texans. Holy Ape Shit Batman...what is THAT? How do you send a team on with your first set of plays, and it looks as if they were prepared for ANOTHER team? I'm thinking that not only is head coach beyond Patty Cake...but perhaps so is OC. Combine them, and I'm thinking the little guy is overwhelmed and in a fetal position in his own mind.

Well, is the only thing holding this offense back essentially our two healthy running backs are in week two of training camp? And as to keeping it simple? McCoy is getting blitzed on every other play- ever hear of a draw or screen pass? Ever hear of changing your protections when you see a defender with a free pass to blitz McCoy untouched? Ever think of going for it on fourth down on the opponents 35 yard line instead of kicking a FG when your down three TDs in the third quarter?

And I'm not buying the "new system" stuff either Harbaugh put in a "new system" and it seems to be working quite nicely in San Fran. Rookies? Man, those rookies Andy Dalton and AJ Green sure are looking bad in the 'Nati. They're not you say?

Harbaugh's new system is better thn Shurmur's.

Harbaugh is just a much better coach.

Hey guys as much as we ALL can agree we didnt like the Shurmur hire and we didnt like the fact that this offensive guru(dipshit) of the Rams was also going to call the plays here. However, we all have to realize talking about a new head coach is going to do nothing, Its just not going to happen. The best result that we can hope for is that Holmgren starts to get more hands on with this offense and what he'd like to see done in it and forces changes. Like Hoorta said lets see some screen plays, lets see some Cribbs in the backfield, lets see some some xxxxING SHOTGUN AND HURRY UP WHEN ITS NOT THE 4TH QTR AND WE'RE DOWN BY 21 POINTS! Im not sure that Colt is the answer, but i think we can all agree he's regressed alot since being a green rookie last year and i think alot of that has to do with this shitty offensive game plan its the worst ive seen since Carthon was the OC. For example check this article out below! The west coast isnt a one dimensional offense its ran in variations, look at GB and Philly west coast offenses they run the shotgun a lot. Let Colt do what he does best on 3rd down and put him in the gun..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/05/browns-offense-getting-reputation-for-predictability/

Mike Holmgren and Pat Shurmur were supposed to bring a new era of offensive efficiency to Cleveland.

Instead, Colt McCoy has regressed this year and the offense is worse than it was than when Eric Mangini was the head coach. Michael Lombardi of NFL.com gives a great example of Cleveland’s predictability.

Lombardi says each week, he calls a former coach on the phone and plays a game with him.

“I tell my friend the personnel group, the formation, where the ball is located on the field and what hash mark and describe the motion — if there is any — and ask him to tell me the exact play that will be run. He is correct about 95 percent of the time. No lie.

“The Browns are so integrated into the West Coast system that their predictability is becoming legendary around the league,” Lombardi writes.

The Browns are running the purest West Coast offense in the league. Other successful teams run West Coast offenses, but they mix up their systems a lot more.

If a coach on the phone knows what play is coming from the Browns, you can be sure opposing defensive coordinators know what’s coming too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This offensive gameplan is the biggest problem this team has, Shurmur is here to stay for a few years like it or not. So lets lobby to fix this shitty offense rather than firing the HC after half a season when we just fired one last year.

What's a draw or screen play gonna do when there's 8-9 guys pressing the line of scrimmage, the answer's get blown up. As far as guys blitzing and not being accounted for in protection. Listen to Shurmur's press conference, he said there was one play the entire game where they blitzed and a guy was unaccounted for. So when Colt see's a blitz coming, he's assuming its accounted for. If its accounted for he shouldn't have to call a hot route or change the play....Thats on the o-line, and that goes back to youth at the guard spots.

It's not just one or two rookies, its the entire offense minus Joe T, Alex Mack, Pashos and MoMass......everybody else is first year starters. Shurmur's not a miracle worker, he's made mistakes, but look at what he's working with man.

What's a draw or screen play gonna do when there's 8-9 guys pressing the line of scrimmage, the answer's get blown up. As far as guys blitzing and not being accounted for in protection. Listen to Shurmur's press conference, he said there was one play the entire game where they blitzed and a guy was unaccounted for. So when Colt see's a blitz coming, he's assuming its accounted for. If its accounted for he shouldn't have to call a hot route or change the play....Thats on the o-line, and that goes back to youth at the guard spots.

It's not just one or two rookies, its the entire offense minus Joe T, Alex Mack, Pashos and MoMass......everybody else is first year starters. Shurmur's not a miracle worker, he's made mistakes, but look at what he's working with man.

We are suerly not expecting success with Shurmur .... just improvements. The QB whom we thought was a lock last year seems more and more vulnerable to suspect play and that in on the coaching. The offense is not making any adjustments and that again falls on the coach. Surely it is not difficult for an NFL coach to design a trick play using Cribbs.

not a miracle worker...sure. he's just a clueless rookie himself. unfortunately, he's the HC and its very easy to see how badly he is mismanaging the offense and the team as a whole.

You give any coach in the league 5 to 6 first year players starting on one side of the ball, I guarantee they'll have the same results.

Do you not understand the magnitude of that? Its unheard of, you couldn't find an expansion team with that many first year players.

Shurmur's not a miracle worker, he's made mistakes, but look at what he's working with man.

i don't hate the guy but i've known people all my life getting over on BS qualifications/experience/degrees on their resumes getting great jobs with good pay only for their employers to realize that the dudes were bums and liars. what did they do? replace them with someone with the REAL skillz the next day.

i guess you can't do that with family members/friends.

Archived