THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Do You Want To See At Qb In 2012?

jnuh

I know we still have a season of football to play before we should start to look forward to the offseason, but lets do it anyway because our Brownies aren't giving us much to talk about this year.

There are several options out there. We can stay in house and continue on with Colt, sign a free agent or try and draft a QB in round 1.

Here are a few free agent to be options Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell, Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Chad Henne and pf course Brady Quinn ;) that is just a few there are obviously some more out there.

I would personally like to see them bring someone like Flynn in. HE is young, has a ton of potential and is NFL ready already. We obviously wouldn't have to waste one of our first rounders on a QB and can instead use them to either draft a playmaker on offense or a couple guys who can play a key role on our defense (preferably a LB and CB)

We have been focusing on the defense high in the past 2 drafts and it is starting to pay off as our D is light years ahead of the offense. I would like to see us continue to build on that and try to assemble an elite defense. With an elite defense we can possibly atleast compete in every game. We need a QB who can really manage the offense and control the clock right away but also hopefully develop into a stud QB. I think Flynn fits that bill from the QB factory that is Green Bay.

Lets here what you guys would like to do at QB

I would never draft Floyd. Huge trouble maker and would be off the team in 3 to 4 years because of it. The only top 15 WR I see as worth taking is Blackmon, Floyds too drunk and Jeffery is too slow with bad route running (we got enough WR's like that). I would rather take Toon from Wisconsin, Wright from Baylor, or Jones for UNC some time in the second round than even sniff around Jeffery or Floyd.

Oh and this years late round gem might just be White out of W. Michigan. Leading receiver in the NCAA has solid size and hands plus a high 4.4 40. Stock falls because he is a 6th year senior and plays in the MAC.

Colt McCoy, simply because we have way to many holes to fill besides QB. Colt still has much to prove, but he's the the least of my worries.

I still say priorities are WR, OLB, RT, & RB.

I want to draft Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd and see what Colt can do with some weapons.

Andy,

Great call! Talk about "instant offense"!! I am also one who feels Floyd will be ok. It would be a miracle for both of those guys to fall to us, but we can dream, can't we?

BTW Andy...we should talk about another dinner/beer night out. Have you been to Twisted Kilt yet? I tried the garlic chips yesterday & they are fantastic.

Mike

A lot more people want to see us stick with Colt then I thought which is a little suprising to me. I wouldn't hate seeing us stick with Colt one more year, but I wouldn't prefer if we can get a guy like Flynn. At the very least Flynn could potentially push Colt.

I would rather see us take a flyer on Flynn or give Colt another year. That's because even though we really don't know what we would get out of either, they both have potentially higher ceilings than every other QB available in FA. I also wouldn't mind seeing us take a flyer on a QB in the draft. No matter what I do I can't help but feel like Robert Griffin is going to be a great NFL QB.

Andy,

Great call! Talk about "instant offense"!! I am also one who feels Floyd will be ok. It would be a miracle for both of those guys to fall to us, but we can dream, can't we?

BTW Andy...we should talk about another dinner/beer night out. Have you been to Twisted Kilt yet? I tried the garlic chips yesterday & they are fantastic.

Mike

I'm game. I am coaching wrestling now so I only have a few open dates. I'll call you soon.

so some want Fylnn from Green Bay, Why? WE do not have the wide outs or the O-line Green Bay has.

Fylnn=Kolb

Stick with Colt, just because we need to get other things in the draft. WE could always call Grren Bay and see if we could give them all our draft picks for Rodgers...

BTW- Still do not like Colt, but I do not like our WR2,3,4,5 and our RB 1,2,3 and 3/5th of our oline and 2/3rds of our LBS DO NOT like them a lot more than COlt

I want to see two things. I want to see Colt next year as the QB. I want us to draft a few offensive players, preferably both our first round picks. I'd like to see us do some real work in free agency and help out our o-line. I'd like to see what Colt can do with an actual team around him instead of him and G-Little and Watson. He's put up decent numbers actually for not having anything to work with.

I'd also like to see Aaron Murray not come out this year and stay one more year and if it doesn't work with Colt, I'd like to see us draft him.

I want to see two things. I want to see Colt next year as the QB. I want us to draft a few offensive players, preferably both our first round picks. I'd like to see us do some real work in free agency and help out our o-line. I'd like to see what Colt can do with an actual team around him instead of him and G-Little and Watson. He's put up decent numbers actually for not having anything to work with.

I'd also like to see Aaron Murray not come out this year and stay one more year and if it doesn't work with Colt, I'd like to see us draft him.

You may get your wish. There's not much talk down here about Murray coming out this year. From what I've seen of him, he's a good QB but would benefit from 4 full years of college ball.

Archived