THE BROWNS BOARD

Desean Jackson

beefjerky

Rich.

8526 Ternberry Drive Myrtle Beach SC 29588

I'll be here all day, baby. Still waiting on you to grow a set.

I'd Mapquest you directions, but Mapquest can't seem to find the starting point "Ghoolie's asshole" so it's having a hard time locating you.

You claim that Jackson will outrun Colt's arm.

Does Jackson only possess that speed running in one direction? Theoretically, wouldn't he be just as quick coming back to the ball, quicker even than the DB whom he's already beaten in coverage?

I mean, I understand what you are saying. Having blazing speed is a waste when you don't have a QB that can throw past the deep safeties. But it was such a reach to put-down Colt that it just made your comment look unintelligent and childish. Na mean?

I do agree to an extent, but I also believe that Colt's arm is far stronger than what he's given credit for. He's no Jamarcus Russell, but he's not Chad Pennington either.

OK do me a favor, watch the video that Zombie posted, and watch this one. And tell me, honestly, if Colt can make this throw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMadhvdFCo

Isn't that the point of having someone with that kinda speed? To stretch the defense?

OK do me a favor, watch the video that Zombie posted, and watch this one. And tell me, honestly if Colt can make this throw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMadhvdFCo

Isn't that the point of having someone with that kinda speed? To stretch the defense?

Yeah, he can make that throw. Notice in Zombo's video, Colt was on the run. In Ben's, he plants his feet and throws.

Does Ben have a stronger arm than Colt? No doubt. Can Ben throw deep on the run better than Colt? Sure.

But the WCO isn't predicated on deep passes. It's a precision based, 'pick them apart', YAC attack after establishing a dominant running game. Comparing our offense to Pittsburgh's (or anyone else's, for that matter) is like comparing apples to oranges. I understand Philly and Green Bay both run WCO style systems that stretch the field...but that's because their respective coach's know how to conform a system to play to their players' strengths.

Like I said, I understand your point. But it's kind of moot either way. Desean Jackson isn't coming to Cleveland. And even if he did, our playbook seems completely devoid of 9 routes, so he wouldn't be used in the same way he was in Philly. Do I agree with it? Not really, but that's not either of our decisions.

You are absolutely insane if you don't want desean jackson. Alone he can get us to the playoffs (and yes i'm dead serious). He is exactly the kind of speedy

gamebreaker the browns need. But let's be realistic, whether DeSean resigns with philly is irrelavant because FAs like that just don't come to cleveland, let's be

honest. And as far as blackmon goes, he will be a solid receiver in the league but he has trouble seperating from DBs which is usually an issue in a WCO.

But it's kind of moot either way. Desean Jackson isn't coming to Cleveland

sFun_duh2.gifDidn't I say this earlier? I think Jackson would be useful in our offense, but I do not think we would be getting the most out of him like Big Jen does with Wallace because I don't think our QB has the arm to do so. That is all. (edit) I never thought he would come here, nor do I want him here as I said earlier

First off, where does any think that Jackson would even consider playing in a Browns uniform? :rolleyes: There are plenty other teams that consistently win that would be more than happy to give him a contract. So why us? Please explain this, I can't seem to wrap my tiny little brain around this Posted Image
I just shared an opinion about him if he did come here.

sFun_duh2.gifDidn't I say this earlier? I think Jackson would be useful in our offense, but I do not think we would be getting the most out of him like Big Jen does with Wallace because I don't think our QB has the arm to do so. That is all.

I didn't read what you wrote earlier. If you did say this, then we are on the same page in that respect.

As far as Colt underthrowing Jackson, I have to still disagree. Even if he were to run a fly in Shurmur's offense, the play would be designed so the ball would be released quickly, the fifth step at the very latest. At that point, the ball would have to be placed 30-40 yards downfield max. Colt may not be Big Ben, but he can definitely throw it 40 yards.

The Steeler offense is completely different. Longer development, more time for the QB, deeper routes. The offense is based around Ben's long arm and ability to extend plays. It's not as much as a timing offense.

Put Colt in Philly or Pittsburgh's offense and have him throw a fly to DeSean? Yeah, he probably underthrows him 2 of 5 times. But in the Cleveland offense, DeSean won't have the time to outrun Colt's throw, it will be in the air before the safety backs into his coverage.

You are absolutely insane if you don't want desean jackson. Alone he can get us to the playoffs (and yes i'm dead serious). He is exactly the kind of speedy

gamebreaker the browns need. But let's be realistic, whether DeSean resigns with philly is irrelavant because FAs like that just don't come to cleveland, let's be

honest. And as far as blackmon goes, he will be a solid receiver in the league but he has trouble seperating from DBs which is usually an issue in a WCO.

philly doesn't seem interested in signing him.

FAs come where the money is, always have(unless you're talking about players near on retiring).

No offense to the OP, but can we put an end to this DeSean Jackson shit? We should get our playmaker from the draft, that way we get what we need and don't have to break the bank for some punk-ass bitch who only cares about attracting attention to himself.

No offense to the OP, but can we put an end to this DeSean Jackson shit? We should get our playmaker from the draft, that way we get what we need and don't have to break the bank for some punk-ass bitch who only cares about attracting attention to himself.

you can leave the topic to go to another one anytime you want man.

also by getting an offensive playmaker via FA, that means you can spend a draft pick on a player in a different position, for example, if we spent the 2 1st rounders on both defense while getting the other positions via FA, the Browns would certainly have an elite defense.

McCoy throws 55-60 yards in the air to Greg Little vs. Rams...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d82415cd2/QB-McCoy-to-WR-Little-52-yd-pass

Dilemma solved... McCoy can throw as far as the previous Big Gay Ben clip.

You know, it would be nice to see Colt actually throw one of those passes to where the reciever didn't have to re-adjust his body to catch it. And it was a 52 yard pass and Bens was a 55+ and perfectly placed right in Wallace's hands. And I am pretty sure Ben can throw it farther if he wanted. Still nice throw.

Um, do the math. He threw it 55+ in the air, the result of the play was 52 yards but Colt dropped back to the 30 and threw it to the 15. That's 55 yards bud.

The receiver didn't have to adjust to anything. He got tackled as he caught it_IN STRIDE.

Boom.

That's why Wallace walked into the endzone and Little got tackled. Who cares anyhow, the thought of getting DeSean Jackson gives me indigestion. That's all we need is Dwayne Rudd 2.0. Why don't we ask the Dolphins if they would trade us Brandon Marshall while we are at it :rolleyes:

That's why Wallace walked into the endzone and Little got tackled

I was talking about Colt here. And no response from you.

Try to keep up

Jesus, you people have some major reading problems. :wacko: Does anybody read the posts or do you just hit reply and start spewing your bile all over the place?

Dude, Wallace burned the coverage, Little didn't and got tackled. The throws were identical are you fucking kidding me... are you joking, seriously let me know.

Did you happen to notice the unusual amount of time McCoy had to get that running start just to get the ball that far down field and it was still a tad under thrown? Do you think he can make that throw all the time when he is under pressure? Did you see how effortless Big Jen threw that ball and put it where Wallace can easily catch it and walk in? LOL at all the people who, before said Colt had a weak arm, now think he has a cannon. :lol: His arm may be improving, but is still far from being a cannon.

You are ridiculous, who said anything about a cannon? I find a clip of Colt matching your lover and you deflect with that garbage.

Unusual amount of time?

If a QB doesn't have time they dont make ANY throws... LOL...

you're cracking me up, I thought you were joking but you're not, and it's funny.

Ok,ok,ok your right and I'm wrong. Can you please just shut the fcuk up. (edit) And this is all coming from somebody who practically got ran out of the other board. PLEASE JUST SHUT UP.

Did you happen to notice the unusual amount of time McCoy had to get that running start just to get the ball that far down field and it was still a tad under thrown? Do you think he can make that throw all the time when he is under pressure? Did you see how effortless Big Jen threw that ball and put it where Wallace can easily catch it and walk in? LOL at all the people who, before said Colt had a weak arm, now think he has a cannon. :lol: His arm may be improving, but is still far from being a cannon.

Colt threw that ball 55 yards and I don't know if you remember but there were 35-40 mph winds that day! Pretty damn impress. It's not called a running start either

it's called stepping up in the pocket. Does anyone know football?

Rich.

8526 Ternberry Drive Myrtle Beach SC 29588

I'll be here all day, baby. Still waiting on you to grow a set.

I'd Mapquest you directions, but Mapquest can't seem to find the starting point "Ghoolie's asshole" so it's having a hard time locating you.

Best post ever.

BTW McCoy does not have anywhere close to a "canon" sure he could probably hit the occasional deep ball. Throwing the ball 50-60 yards isn't an accomplishment at all ... its throwing it that deep and being able to place it where you need it while under pressure that is the tricky part.

I can throw a football 55-60 yards with no problem ... I just cant always predict where its going.

Also whoever said Colts arm was closer to Big Ben then Pennington ... SMH that is an epic fail.

Best post ever.

BTW McCoy does not have anywhere close to a "canon" sure he could probably hit the occasional deep ball. Throwing the ball 50-60 yards isn't an accomplishment at all ... its throwing it that deep and being able to place it where you need it while under pressure that is the tricky part.

I can throw a football 55-60 yards with no problem ... I just cant always predict where its going.

Also whoever said Colts arm was closer to Big Ben then Pennington ... SMH that is an epic fail.

I didn't say he was closer to Ben than Pennington, I just said he's neither one nor the other.

If you are talking about someone else, then disregard this message completely. I'm just too tired (read:lazy) to go through and find what you are referring to.

I didn't say he was closer to Ben than Pennington, I just said he's neither one nor the other.

If you are talking about someone else, then disregard this message completely. I'm just too tired (read:lazy) to go through and find what you are referring to.

My bad ... it wasn't Ben is was Russell.

I think it was something along the lines of he isn't jamarcus russell, but he isn't close to chad pennington.

His arm strength is pretty close to Penningtons though.

My bad ... it wasn't Ben is was Russell.

I think it was something along the lines of he isn't jamarcus russell, but he isn't close to chad pennington.

His arm strength is pretty close to Penningtons though.

He's neither one nor the other.

He's inbetween, his arm isn't nearly as weak as everyone keeps making it seem.

Sure, if you believe that, you probably believe Larry Fitzgerald (who's better than Jackson) will get the Cardinals to the playoffs by himself. :)

BTW, go look up his stats for this year and get back with me- he's 27th in yards, 30 something in ypc, not even in the top 50 in receptions, so you want to pay a ton of money for an over rated POS, with an attitude problem?

I like what DJax could do for the offense - but he won't get us to the playoffs. There's a lot of work to do. He consistently relies on the big play for his numbers, Larry. Defenses have, for the most part, taken that away from him since the first couple weeks of the season.

Emergence of Jeremy Maclin isn't helping his cause to stay in Philly either.

If he cost to much, I'd pass to. But I'd take a look and try to incentive lace his contract. Having him would HELP.

LOL, if you're a one trick pony- you're dead in the water. See: Kameron Wimbley. Teams adjust to what you do well, and take it away. If you only count guys with 15 or more receptions, DJ ranks eighth in ypc. One big play a game and slacking for the other 30 offensive snaps isn't worth Larry Fizgerald money. You do bring up a good point with Macklin- just like what I did with Ghoolie and the Fal-coons. Is Jones 1\2 as good without Roddy White drawing the double coverage on the other side? Don't think so. For the record Greg Little has more receptions, for the grass is always greener crowd.

That's not even taking into consideration Jackson is a piss-poor fit in a WCO, and an attitude problem (that we've tried like hell to get rid of over the past couple of years).

Sure, if you believe that, you probably believe Larry Fitzgerald (who's better than Jackson) will get the Cardinals to the playoffs by himself. :)

BTW, go look up his stats for this year and get back with me- he's 27th in yards, 30 something in ypc, not even in the top 50 in receptions, so you want to pay a ton of money for an over rated POS, with an attitude problem?

Put Larry Fitzgerald on the Browns, same thing. He would give the offense exactly what they need, spped and the ability to spread the defense out, hence slowing

the blitz against McCoy and opening up the run game. If you haven't noticed the Eagles are as bad as the Browns because Vick couldn't hit a philly cheesesteak

from the Linc.

Put Larry Fitzgerald on the Browns, same thing. He would give the offense exactly what they need, spped and the ability to spread the defense out, hence slowing

the blitz against McCoy and opening up the run game. If you haven't noticed the Eagles are as bad as the Browns because Vick couldn't hit a philly cheesesteak

from the Linc.

from the Linc.

from the Linc.

Fitzgerald is far from fast. He almost runs slower that Robiskie. What makes him great is that he is an fantastic route running, catcher, and can make great moves after the catch. Not every great WR is a burner, that's why the bitching about needing one is stupid. Having 2 good WR's would open up the whole offense as much as having one good WR and one good Speedy WR.

Archived