THE BROWNS BOARD

Desean Jackson

beefjerky

Do you think he could be a possible FA pick up next year?

he's on the last year of his contract, Heckert has a philly connection and from what I heard, he was one of the main guys who wanted him drafted in the first place.

I'm not concerned about character or whatever, I just wonder how well McCoy and him would play together, it would solidify and open up the offense in every other position(Little, Norwood, Cribbs, the TEs). he's one of the fastest WRs in the NFL and is a playmaker.

personally I'd go for it, I think DeSean is just on an off year and philly is just demoralizing him by not giving him a new contract, and by suspending him(not saying that's a total excuse though).

DJAX doesn't play defense does he, their D blows 4th quarter leads.

Just saying, who gives a rats ass about character? Win games, make plays... if the guy wants to dance let him dance.

A wide receiver's attitude doesn't destroy a team/locker room.

We're drafting a WR in the first round 2012. Take it to the bank. Jackson is going to want to get paid like Larry Fitzgerald. We got rid of Edwards and Winslow, so let's bring in one of their clones. Got flagged for taunting after the 50 reception today- apparently not real smart, either.

You want playmakers? Tell me how Minnesota is doing with Harvin and Peterson. Arizona sure is a world beater with Fitzgerald.

It's the same argument I've been seeing since January- let's bring in every high priced FA at whatever cost. I'm going to take a guess Blackmon will turn out every bit as good, and he won't have the big price tag.

I'd prefer Blackmon too, but if we keep winning games we won't get him, lol... always happens.

If you say you wouldn't want D Jax on the Browns, though, you clearly don't wanna win.

Mind boggled.

If he could drop the attitude, fine. It may come across I don't want playmakers- which is certainly not the case. Just get me the RIGHT playmakers.

Haha desean jackson is great...

I don't get all the hate for play makers..

He won't be coming here anyway, but big deal about character. The eagles will probably franchise him.

Hoorta, maybe we can try to get robiske back in the off season ;)

Hey short attention span, how many times have I said I want Blackmon next year?

Haha desean jackson is great...

no he's not. he's the punk on the corner you see when you're leaving the bodega buying the last pack of smokes at 3:30 in the AM. FXXK that blip.

"want money. i'm sorry. i'll be a stand up dude. oh wait! i just caught a ball! hold on. let me throw it at harold cross or his grandmother in the stands. ooh. penalty. i'm sorry."

go fxxk yourself with desean. i heard he hangs out at the rawhide just like you and all the other yankee fags.

Little is coming along and Cribbs has done surprisingly well as a WR. We have lots of holes we need to fill with our pair of 1st round picks to include a RB, WR and LB. As of right now we need a RB and LB more than we need a WR. Ogbonnaya is looking good but is he good enough to replace Hillis if the FO let's him walk, not sure about that but I hope so.

I'd rather bring a guy like Jackson on through the draft. We have a solid foundation of character players who can help reverse and type of diva attitude (see Greg Little). I can put up with small stuff, but the shit with contracts that Jackson has been pulling is a huge red flag. What happens if we sign him to a 5 year deal and after year 3 he wants even more money? He is going to have another irrelevant season like he is having this year. If you want a speedster just draft Wright in the second round.

Little is coming along and Cribbs has done surprisingly well as a WR. We have lots of holes we need to fill with our pair of 1st round picks to include a RB, WR and LB. As of right now we need a RB and LB more than we need a WR. Ogbonnaya is looking good but is he good enough to replace Hillis if the FO let's him walk, not sure about that but I hope so.

don't get me wrong, I've been one of the biggest Little supporters since he got drafted(just look through my post history), but I truly believe that by having Jackson it makes Little better too because of less pressure from the defense. speaking of our other WRs, I'm liking Norwood, anyone who pulls off one of the best jukes of the year like that is a good player, he needs more opportunities.

Ogbonnaya is definitely good to have within the system, but he'd have to split carries, I don't think he can play at a high enough efficiency over the course of the season, and I personally hope they keep Hillis as well, but not if they have to over pay for him. regardless, the Browns truly are headed in the right direction and they have a good draft to build upon, don't listen to Ghoolie who would have rather just had Julio Jones alone instead of the extra draft picks.

the Heckert connection gives this a good chance of happening. I'm hoping it does, and I don't think it'll cost as much money as a lot of people think it will.

Jackson is barely as good as Julio Jones. Maclin is a far better WR in every respect.

Jackson short-arms passes over the middle. He does not play every down. He can outrun the lower-echelon CB's in the game, yes, but a "go" route is quite literally his only play.

In short, he's Terrell Owens - and not when TO was an All-Pro. He's not worth Anquan Boldin money, never mind Fitzgerald's contract. He is not a good pickup unless he is willing to come very cheap.

+ 1 for DeSean

Jackson is a beast. Not only as a WR but as a punt returner as well. The only problem is there is no way Philly won't franchise him. I much rather sign him in the prime of his career then draft a rookie who could end up being a bum. Plus we can use that pick to grab a CB, LB, DE, or RB

If we did get a guy as explosive as DeSean Jackson, does McCoy have the arm to get him the ball? I mean, he is one of the guys you just can't overthrow, like Mike Wallace. I don't think you have to worry about McCoy overthrowing anybody. Just sayin'sCo_idk2.gif

LIKE I SAID THOUGH, it probably wont happen.

not a snowball's chance in hell.

and i don't agrre with you that a WR's attitude can't ruin a locker room.

mangini just commented (and if you think about it, it's pretty much commen sense) that a guy affects + or - 5 people. ever work with somebody that just ruined the whole chemistry of the office? and everfybody wondered why the hell the person was employed? all bullshit until the person pulls the 'subway' jingle out of his ass.

If we did get a guy as explosive as DeSean Jackson, does McCoy have the arm to get him the ball?

No, I don't think he can get the ball to him. We need to find slower receivers so we know Colt can get the ball to them.

Zombo

--What a stupid-ass question.

No, I don't think he can get the ball to him. We need to find slower receivers so we know Colt can get the ball to them.

Zombo

--What a stupid-ass question.

Slower receivers? I thought maybe a quarterback with a better arm would be the solution? :huh: Big Jen doesn't seem to have a problem getting the ball to Wallace, would you compare McCoy's arm to Big Jens?

Slower receivers? I thought maybe a quarterback with a better arm would be the solution? :huh: Big Jen doesn't seem to have a problem getting the ball to Wallace, would you compare McCoy's arm to Big Jens?

Any NFL QB could get the ball to Jackson.

I have never heard of a receiver being too fast that NFL QBs couldn't get him the ball, lol.

This one is 56 yards in the air as Colt scrambles on the run ... Does Jackson only run 60 yard routes or something, lol?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCs0U2kRag

Zombo

Any NFL QB could get the ball to Jackson.

I have never heard of a receiver being too fast that NFL QBs couldn't get him the ball, lol.

This one is 56 yards in the air as Colt scrambles on the run ... Does Jackson only run 60 yard routes or something, lol?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCs0U2kRag

Zombo

Hey, that is a nice throw. I also noticed that MoMass had to turn to catch that pass. If this same exact play was run, and everything happened exactly the same, except Jackson was running that route, would Colt have been able to hit Jackson in stride? If MoMass had to turn to catch that, wouldn't you think Jackson would have been under thrown? I don't even know why this is even a topic. Jackson is never coming here, unless we make a huge trade for him. So this whole conversation is moot. (edit) In reality, that throw should have been in front of Massaquoi so he didn't have to turn. If your arguement is that he made that throw on the run, a QB with a better arm would have put that ball exactly where it needed to be even on the run.

Hey, that is a nice throw. I also noticed that MoMass had to turn to catch that pass. If this same exact play was run, and everything happened exactly the same, except Jackson was running that route, would Colt have been able to hit Jackson in stride? If MoMass had to turn to catch that, wouldn't you think Jackson would have been under thrown? I don't even know why this is even a topic. Jackson is never coming here, unless we make a huge trade for him. So this whole conversation is moot. (edit) In reality, that throw should have been in front of Massaquoi so he didn't have to turn. If your arguement is that he made that throw on the run, a QB with a better arm would have put that ball exactly where it needed to be even on the run.

I think he was aiming for MoMass.

And I don't think you realize how stupid it sounds that a WR is really fast so he needs a QB with a big arm to get it to him.

If anything, a faster WR should get more separation faster enabling QBs of all arm strength more of a window to get it to him.

Again ... Does Philadelphia throw him 60 yard routes? Who runs 60 yards routes? Unless it is a hail mary or a broken play, when, in god's name do you have to throw the ball further than the average NFL WR can run?

Zombo

I think he was aiming for MoMass.

And I don't think you realize how stupid it sounds that a WR is really fast so he needs a QB with a big arm to get it to him.

If anything, a faster WR should get more separation faster enabling QBs of all arm strength more of a window to get it to him.

Again ... Does Philadelphia throw him 60 yard routes? Who runs 60 yards routes? Unless it is a hail mary or a broken play, when, in god's name do you have to throw the ball further than the average NFL WR can run?

Zombo

That was a go route, he should have put the ball in front of him so he could just catch it. It was a nice play, but he could have put it in front of him. That would have been a touchdown if it was in the right place.

That was a go route, he should have put the ball in front of him so he could just catch it. It was a nice play, but he could have put it in front of him. That would have been a touchdown if it was in the right place.

Just stop. Your point was made, and it was dumb. If you were being facetious, just say so.

Just stop. Your point was made, and it was dumb. If you were being facetious, just say so.

hEY TIM WHAT THE FUAWIK ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY, YOU ARE AN ASSHIKESHIET OR MAKE A COMMENT ON FOOTBALL

SO FAR STUPID YOU 1000 REAL FOOTBALL COMMENTS 0

GO FOR IT AND MEET ME AND LET ME KICK YOUR DUMBASRSE

yeah..plz just stop. youve been crying up a storm cause how bad this seasons gone, and i did my fair share as well. but youre grasping at straws to justify why we're struggling and using a douchebag of the highest order to present that case. if it wasn't evident in youre attempt...."if everything was exactly the same"....then it was in your continuation of the argument.

its like people saying "if not for that one play, we would have won". dumbest fucking arguement ever. if jackson was running that route, nothing would have been exactly the same....not a fucking thing. framing an argument in such a way is simply doing something you cannot do in such a complicated game setting. circumstances are always different with different personnel. see the blitzing when steiny went down.

this isn't an engineering problem. one cannot define the terms. for all his talent, jackson is a terrible human being and extremely selfish. the world revolves around him. fuck that guy, i'd would rather lose than to deal with the media nightmare that follows that idiot.

whats really sad is....those of you that would rather deal with such a lowlife to maybe win.

You claim that Jackson will outrun Colt's arm.

Does Jackson only possess that speed running in one direction? Theoretically, wouldn't he be just as quick coming back to the ball, quicker even than the DB whom he's already beaten in coverage?

I mean, I understand what you are saying. Having blazing speed is a waste when you don't have a QB that can throw past the deep safeties. But it was such a reach to put-down Colt that it just made your comment look unintelligent and childish. Na mean?

I do agree to an extent, but I also believe that Colt's arm is far stronger than what he's given credit for. He's no Jamarcus Russell, but he's not Chad Pennington either.

Funny how nobody wants to challenge this. I think McCoy didn't have enough arm to put the ball where it needed to be, and nobody is coming to his defense.

Archived