THE BROWNS BOARD

Relax.....

WRREBEL

Hey so as a fan not much we can do.. I come on here to vent a lot of times with my frustration with the team and orgnaization.

So vent, but let's keep the big picture in perspective.

I don't agree with a lot of what the front office has done but they have done somethings right.

We didn't trade for kevin kolb or mcnabb. We didn't throw huge money at a free agent who is a bust.

We have a very young team. We have room to sign a players. We have 2 first rd picks next year.

My biggest concern is shumur. I wish we would have hired someone with passion who didn't seem clueless.

So vent if you need to.

I'm predicting we will have a good draft and get some play makers. We hopefully will add some free agents. Put it all together and maybe we can have something

We clearly have many needs as a team. I was not a fan of using one of those 1st round picks on a LB until watching yesterday's demolition. It doesn't matter how useful the DL is if it's blocked out of every play.. you've got to have LB's who can actually make the tackle.

First pick: Hopefully Jeffery will fall (Blackmon will be taken in the top5). Make a trade with Philly to move up 2-3 spots if necessary.

Second pick: The LB from Boston College, Kuechly. If there's a run on LB's earlier, Burfict wouldn't hurt anybody but the opponent.. he may not make friends, just highlight reels.

We clearly have many needs as a team. I was not a fan of using one of those 1st round picks on a LB until watching yesterday's demolition. It doesn't matter how useful the DL is if it's blocked out of every play.. you've got to have LB's who can actually make the tackle.

First pick: Hopefully Jeffery will fall (Blackmon will be taken in the top5). Make a trade with Philly to move up 2-3 spots if necessary.

Second pick: The LB from Boston College, Kuechly. If there's a run on LB's earlier, Burfict wouldn't hurt anybody but the opponent.. he may not make friends, just highlight reels.

All I'm going to say is Zach Brown.

All I'm going to say is Zach Brown.

As you can see the defensive line does a good job of eating up blocks and stringing the line out and Maiava does a decent job of stringing it out too. They need to be quicker to fill the hole and shed blocks instead of sitting behind the hole and being tossed aside by the fullback. I know the play was on the opposite side of the field as Gocong but he was in position to make a play and the center barely had to do anything to block him.

Hey so as a fan not much we can do.. I come on here to vent a lot of times with my frustration with the team and orgnaization.

I don't agree with a lot of what the front office has done but they have done somethings right.

We didn't trade for kevin kolb or mcnabb. We didn't throw huge money at a free agent who is a bust.

We have a very young team. We have room to sign a players. We have 2 first rd picks next year.

My biggest concern is shumur. I wish we would have hired someone with passion who didn't seem clueless.

So vent if you need to.

The sad thing is that most would say the defense is ahead of the offense.

However,if you look at the defense you need you need a corner,a safety, 2 linebackers

(3 if DQwell doesn't resign.IMO he is not a standout- better than average nut not great.),

and a defensive end. That's 5 players out of 11. You can't get that in one year by

draft or free agency.

The offense is another thing. You don't even know if you have your quarterback in place.

The other holes are obvious there.

The special teams are atrocious.At the very least you need a new coach there.You cut

your long snapper??? I see how well that worked out Sunday on the punt return.

Your head coach has been out coached in every game this year. You don't know if

he is making rookie mistakes or if he is that bad.

Other than that we are in good shape.

So vent if you need to.

The sad thing is that most would say the defense is ahead of the offense.

However,if you look at the defense you need you need a corner,a safety, 2 linebackers

(3 if DQwell doesn't resign.IMO he is not a standout- better than average nut not great.),

and a defensive end. That's 5 players out of 11. You can't get that in one year by

draft or free agency.

I think you nailed it on the head with what the Browns need on defense. As weak as the offense has been, the D also has gaping holes in those areas.

The offense is another thing. You don't even know if you have your quarterback in place.

The other holes are obvious there.

I think the QB may be the least of the concerns on Offense. Obviously we need a playmaking receiver. A RT and RG. A speed RB to complement Hillis power running, assuming Hillis stays.

The special teams are atrocious.At the very least you need a new coach there.You cut

your long snapper??? I see how well that worked out Sunday on the punt return.

Precisely, definitely a new coach at ST. I don't see how the Browns could have gone from one of the best STs to one of the worst in a single year except for the change at coach.

Your head coach has been out coached in every game this year. You don't know if

he is making rookie mistakes or if he is that bad.

Precisely. We see a guy that is not only apparently inept, but who seems to be completely bored by the game. They say a team takes on the personality of its HC. No wonder the Browns are so completely passive.

Other than that we are in good shape.

We? I thought you were a Ravens fan?

Archived