THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Gocong

DawginIT

Chris Gocong proved his worth on that goal-line stand. He also made my night with that hit on Mendenhall!

You know what is the most amusing for me in all this? Harrison will get fined for his hit on McCoy even though McCoy was on the move and could have taken off running. Mendenhall was hit helmet to helmet in the same capacity and it's not a flag because the league doesn't protect running backs. Same hit, different positions.

You know what is the most amusing for me in all this? Harrison will get fined for his hit on McCoy even though McCoy was on the move and could have taken off running. Mendenhall was hit helmet to helmet in the same capacity and it's not a flag because the league doesn't protect running backs. Same hit, different positions.

True, but we dont make the rules. Also - wasnt that the same thing that happened last time when Harrison whacked Cribbs giving him a concussion ?

No one gives a fuck what amuses you homo.

Blow it out your ass douchebag. The facts are the facts. I haven't been on this board in months but came back because of the mental "stay down B" thread. I may be at the next match up. I'll be sure to visit the tail gate and take a piss in and around your "spot".

Same hit, different positions.

Not quite the same hit.

Mendenhall had the ball in his hands.... You can't make that hit on a QB during a sack let alone after he throws the ball.

Plus it's Harrison. Repeat offender. Can't really blame anybody for reaching into his pockets. They watch every snap he's in on just to find reasons to fine him.

(I've always wondered....Where does the money that they fine these guys go anyway? It a jar on top of the commishes refrigerator?)

True, but we dont make the rules. Also - wasnt that the same thing that happened last time when Harrison whacked Cribbs giving him a concussion ?

If you ask me Cribbs out of the WildDawg is a RUNNING BACK, but he was treated as something different and Harrison was fined. It's all a bunch of BS if you ask me. The league can't get out of it's own way with the flags, fines and penalties. One hit in one game is a flag, the same hit in another game isn't. It's the entire problem with the crack down.

Not quite the same hit.

Mendenhall had the ball in his hands....

Plus it's Harrison. Repeat offender. They watch every snap he's in on just to find reasons to fine him.

Of course they do, it's a witch hunt and is Harrison at full speed supposed to pull up and defy gravity/momentum and not hit McCoy. He just released the ball, instant replay paints a different picture because it's frame by frame. Watch the same play at full speed, Harrison couldn't have pulled up.

homo, just accept that QB's are treated in the NFL as RB's. that was a late hit on Colt but that would never get called on a RB. I'd bet my life's saving that even with a tough nose QB like big ben that hit would have been called against the browns. I don't agree with it either but that's today's NFL

homo, just accept that QB's are treated in the NFL as RB's. that was a late hit on Colt but that would never get called on a RB. I'd bet my life's saving that even with a tough nose QB like big ben that hit would have been called against the browns. I don't agree with it either but that's today's NFL

Run that play at full speed, it's not a late hit. Deion Sanders is arguing in favor of Harrison right now on NFL Network. He said it's a clean hit.

Of course they do, it's a witch hunt and is Harrison at full speed supposed to pull up and defy gravity/momentum and not hit McCoy. He just released the ball, instant replay paints a different picture because it's frame by frame. Watch the same play at full speed, Harrison couldn't have pulled up.

Problem is, even if he doesn't throw the ball its still going to be a helmet to helmet hit.

If he lowers his shoulder and makes contact then their wouldn't be much to talk about.

Harrison never attempts to make the clean hit.

Problem is, even if he doesn't throw the ball its still going to be a helmet to helmet hit.

If he lowers his shoulder and makes contact then their wouldn't be much to talk about.

Harrison never attempts to make the clean hit.

McCoy is moving towards Harrison the entire time. Is Harrison supposed to pull a spiderman and adjust his body at the last possible second. We don't exist in the Matrix. It's not humanly possible. Once again Sanders is on the network arguing that it's a clean hit and Faulk said they'll look at it and he won't get fined. He'll no doubt be fined but it's yet another example of where the NFL fails at being consistent with this stuff.

McCoy had also left his feet to make the throw and therefore was defenseless. Harrison had plenty of time to pull up and not hit him or atleast hit him lower. Mendenhall had the ball and was running ahead and saw Gocong coming. Also, they were in the hole it's not like Gocong had much room t move around and hit Mendenhall another way.

McCoy had also left his feet to make the throw and therefore was defenseless. Harrison had plenty of time to pull up and not hit him or atleast hit him lower. Mendenhall had the ball and was running ahead and saw Gocong coming. Also, they were in the hole it's not like Gocong had much room t move around and hit Mendenhall another way.

I'm guessing you didn't play sports growing up. There is absolutely no way Harrison could have pulled up. People watch frame by frame instant replay and assume players can make entire body movements in each frame.

McCoy is moving towards Harrison the entire time. Is Harrison supposed to pull a spiderman and adjust his body at the last possible second.

No, he's suppose to lower his shoulder and make a legal tackle and his body is suppose to be in a legal tackle position so he doesn't have to pull a matrix move at the last minute in order to get there.

Regardless of what Primetime says, he hit a QB in the head with his head, knocked him out of the game for a play on a fourth qtr drive and was flagged for it.

Money is exchanging hands.

I'm guessing you didn't play sports growing up. There is absolutely no way Harrison could have pulled up. People watch frame by frame instant replay and assume players can make entire body movements in each frame.

WTF are you talking about? Start high finish high and it's gonna be a head shot. Colt even left his feet to flip it over Harrison and he still hit him in the face. He had so much time to do anything but hit him high it was absurd. That deserves a suspension.

Homo you are a fucking idiot. Roid monkey cant stop leading with his helmet because hes too fucking stupid to tackle any other way.

He openly admits to enjoying injuring other players.

Let's celebrate a rapist.

And Osama bin Laden is not a bad guy.

Bunch of fucking pieces of work on that team of yours.

And this guy writes for Bleacher Report (everyone does) god help us all.

Yeah, I dont care if McCoy was a RB, WR, QB, or the queen of fucking england, no one teaches how to tackle like THAT...

He is a fucking piece of shit and should be suspended

Um you're taught from a early age to keep your head up and put your face mask in their chest. End of story. It's how I was taught in high school and how it's taught now. Guess you didn't play football.

Um you're taught from a early age to keep your head up and put your face mask in their chest. End of story. It's how I was taught in high school and how it's taught now. Guess you didn't play football.

You just proved yourself wrong so thank you. You put your facemask into the players chest and drive through. NOT put the crown of your helmet into the player's

facemask and driving up. Again, thank you for making this easy.

McCoy was quarterback and never crossed the LOS, Mendenhall was a runningback dipshit. Harrison should get thrown out of the league because he is a piece of shit.

Blow it out your ass douchebag. The facts are the facts. I haven't been on this board in months but came back because of the mental "stay down B" thread. I may be at the next match up. I'll be sure to visit the tail gate and take a piss in and around your "spot".

You didn't visit the board in months. So you telepathically knew that this thread existed? Visit the next tailgate. You do that penis breath. I've got more important things to do than forcefully shove your terrible towel down your throat.

so back when people bitched about re-signing gocong because he wasnt worth 2 shits.......you guys second guessing all the hate now?

gocong is a baller....you guys wouldnt recognize talent if it slapped you in the face with its nutsack

Nope. Not many in here talking it up for Gocong. One goal line stand isn't going to erase the fact that the Browns give up 200+ yards a game rushing because the second level is wide open for every back to run all over the place. How many of those 40 yard runs against em do you see that don't involve the cutback lanes that the OLB are suppose to be locking down? (Ya, he's only responsible for one of those sides, and Hawaii is even worse with the old man sidelined) D Jack ain't the leading tackler cause he wants to be.... he just has to clean up the mess the other two leave behind.

Harrision obviously didn't either. Had every opportunity to lower his head and hit McCoy in the chest- but didn't. Not buying it was a bang bang play. Fourth time for leading with your helmet = big suspension and fine- just MHO.

Yes you are taught to keep your head and and aim for the chest, but to also move your head to one side so you can get closer into the body to rap your arms around behind the knees and drive them to the ground. Harrison lowers his head to his fucking spine lines up and his head forms a battering ram. I do think that Harrison thought Colt was a runner because Harrision lowered his damn head before clat brought the ball back up and threw it. If he knew how to tackle properly then he would have saw that McCoy was passing and probably would have been able to pull off of the hit in time. But he doesn't care, he saw a chance to knock the "runner" out of the game and he took it. He plays to injure which is cheap. Play hard don't play to injure.

Nope. Not many in here talking it up for Gocong. One goal line stand isn't going to erase the fact that the Browns give up 200+ yards a game rushing because the second level is wide open for every back to run all over the place. How many of those 40 yard runs against em do you see that don't involve the cutback lanes that the OLB are suppose to be locking down? (Ya, he's only responsible for one of those sides, and Hawaii is even worse with the old man sidelined) D Jack ain't the leading tackler cause he wants to be.... he just has to clean up the mess the other two leave behind.

You guys can't cheer on any players that have good games unless they are a rookie QB. Good thing you'll have another one next season

The browns actually have pretty decent linebackers.

Jackson is the leading tackler because he's the middle linebacker. Nearly every team in the league has their MLB lead in tackles. Jackson doesn't lead in tackles because he's cleaning up messes. He leads because that's the nature of his position

Archived