THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Gocong

DawginIT

You guys can't cheer on any players that have good games unless they are a rookie QB. Good thing you'll have another one next season

The browns actually have pretty decent linebackers.

Jackson is the leading tackler because he's the middle linebacker. Nearly every team in the league has their MLB lead in tackles. Jackson doesn't lead in tackles because he's cleaning up messes. He leads because that's the nature of his position

I'd cheer for him if he was an up and coming linebacker, but not one they paid 17 mil to keep. He doesn't start for 80% of the other teams in the league.... he played for the Eagles for four years and they traded him for Alex Hall and a Bag of Chips (4th and 5th rounder....and Brown was part of the deal, so he was probably straight up for that bag of chips...) and their defense isn't/wasn't stellar.

Other than Jackson, I'm not real sure what pretty decent linebackers you speaking of? Maviva? Spears? Jacobs? (Titus Brown might be a sleeper but he plays behind Jackson, so we aren't likely to see anything from him anytime soon.) Although I'm glad Maviva is in for the Fujita.... think its time to part ways with him. Watching him jog after TE's in coverage is getting old.

Problem is they have all that cap space and they pay someone like Gocong to much but won't bring in other FA they need and it pisses people off. So maybe he gets more hate then he should, but when I see him making most of his tackles from behind a runner or grabbing someone by the waste and holding on for the ride, instead of planting people like he did Mendenhall on those plays it gets frustrating.

No trouble here cheering for guys. Think Sheard is an animal and looks great in almost every game he's played in so far. The young DT's play well and hopefully Taylor keeps improving. There aren't many holes in the gaps up the middle for anyone to run through. Haden plays great game after game.

They pick up a, FS, CB, 2 OLB and another DE and they are set...

Archived