THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor as a passer

Solon16

I can't recall a worse performance as a passer in any game....well dorsey comes to mind but Pryor was freaking atrocious throwing the ball!

Keep him as a slash player. WR, RB and Qb in the option game....he sucks ass as a thrower! Can't believe the safety missed so badly on the tackle to allow cosby to score....just a complete wiff. Again 1 play with 26 seconds left... leaves OSU and Tressell as dead horses to beat....we should have won the game!

I wonder if Pryor chose Ohio State over Rich Rodriquez' spread offense because he thought OSU would get him better prepared to be an NFL QB? You would think a guy with his physical talents would want to play in a spread/option. But it makes sense that maybe he wanted to learn how to be a real quarterback. It's not going to happen though. Vince Young was better than Pryor at this stage and we all know where Vince Young's NFL career went.

he has throwing ability, and the ability to be accurate, there pleanty to mold and shape. I've watched every OSU game, and at time he can be an very accurate passer, and at other times as bad as against Texas.

i think it was stupid not to red shirt him. he needs time to learn the game, and be a consistant thrower. they shoulda stuck it out with boakman and saved pyor for next year.

if tress works with him well he can be a good passer.

He is a freaking straight up freshman for god's sake.

It's obvious some of you guys did not watch him most of the year until this last game.

There's work to do, but at least give him a full offseason of coaching and mechanical work.

It's obvious some of you guys did not watch him most of the year until this last game.

There's work to do, but at least give him a full offseason of coaching and mechanical work.

I agree, there were plenty of games where he was making very good passes. He had a few bad games, which is to be expected from a Freshman. He'll be fine, and he'll be throwing the ball well for years to come.

I dont think Vince Young played as a True Freshman to even make that comparison. As for his throwing he has made some awful throws this year as well as insane passes. This Bowl Game I hate the use of Boeckman because is makes our play calling obvious and takes a qb out of rythm. I dont think during prep for this game Pryor was getting the passing reps because of this scheme tressel wanted to use.

This is a 18 year old kid playing in a BCS major game. I think he has time to get better, your critique is a bit early and obviously you did not watch enough OSU game to even make that sort of conclusion.

Exactly. The kid is 18 years old. Just finished high School ball last year. Yes, his arm is not quite their yet. But in the offseason expect this kid to put on a few pounds, get faster and stronger.

Right now, I don't like the way he throws the ball. It's as if he's throwing a blimp. Everything seems to just hang up in the air. If he has a cannon for an arm, he hasn't shown it yet, but I just don't think he does, yet. Give him the off season to get bigger and stronger. Good QB coaching will help his technique, accuracy, and hopefully add about 40 mph to that throw.

That's like me saying I want to develop into a female super model. I'm starting off at a bit of a disadvantage.

Seriously... he throws DREADFULLY. And he isn't 12 years old.

Dreadfull is a great word for his performance against texas.... sickening comes to mind as well!

I will refer to this thread frequently over the next number of years.................

Will you refer to it and say "I told you he was a terrible passer. . . " or "I told you he was going to be a great passer?" Just want to clarify for future reference.

He is EXACTLY a freshman. As a junior, the tag would be understandable. As a freshman, Pryor shows TREMENDOUS talent.

It's just that his passing skills should develop for next year.

And then, develop more his junior year. If his passing skills develop greatly, you're going to be amazed at how his

stock soars.

Or not. But to judge him as a freshman, in his first bowl game? Against a hell of a good defense? Way off the mark.

I thought the pressure was getting to him a bit in the second half.

Fooleeze.............and as my not frequent agreeer Cal stated......and as Riffer concurs....Pryor is a talent................so you decide which side I come from...............he can play and play huge...............

hammering a true freshman in his first huge game on the big time stage........is for fools

does that answer your question?

Fooleeze.............and as my not frequent agreeer Cal stated......and as Riffer concurs....Pryor is a talent................so you decide which side I come from...............he can play and play huge...............

hammering a true freshman in his first huge game on the big time stage........if for fools

does that answer your question?

I think so, just wanted to be sure. I think he'll be good, and will be a fine passer. . . just wanted to see what side you were coming from.

The staff taught Troy Smith to be a pass first QB by his junior year. They can certainly teach Pryor. His biggest problem that I've noticed is he seems to lack the confidence to throw the ball into tight spaces, or to a spot before the receiver is open. He starts to scramble to buy time, and doesn't plant his back foot to throw. That's why he wasn't getting anything on his passes against Texas.

He'll get better.

The staff taught Troy Smith to be a pass first QB by his junior year. They can certainly teach Pryor. His biggest problem that I've noticed is he seems to lack the confidence to throw the ball into tight spaces, or to a spot before the receiver is open. He starts to scramble to buy time, and doesn't plant his back foot to throw. That's why he wasn't getting anything on his passes against Texas.

He'll get better.

I think part of that might be his arm strength and confidence. I'm sure things are moving much faster in the college game than high school. But give this guy some time.. He has HUGE potential. Watching him out run the defense of USC was great, to bad he had to do it to many times.

Archived