THE BROWNS BOARD

Shurmur Will Be Here A Long Time

Nw220

Just wanted to know what your guys thoughts on this were,personally i think if we dont make strides next year he has got to go..And i hate to let Holmgren know but hes gonna have to go as well but that is the question hes the President so who does he answer to Lerner? Im afraid Lerner will be to busy worrying about his soccer to actually give a damn which could mean we could be stuck with Shurmur and Holmgren for awhile...Well heres to hoping Heckert can draft the right pieces to put this team together but i really dont have much faith in Shurmur i got a bad feeling were in for the long haul....

Just wanted to know what your guys thoughts on this were,personally i think if we dont make strides next year he has got to go..And i hate to let Holmgren know but hes gonna have to go as well but that is the question hes the President so who does he answer to Lerner? Im afraid Lerner will be to busy worrying about his soccer to actually give a damn which could mean we could be stuck with Shurmur and Holmgren for awhile...Well heres to hoping Heckert can draft the right pieces to put this team together but i really dont have much faith in Shurmur i got a bad feeling were in for the long haul....

holmgren is gonna be the stone that drags this team down for another five years.

i'll slowly lose interest here and there with the browns. NEVER GIVING UP, BUT i have better things to do on sundays than to have my gut wrenched out and be pissed on the last night of my weekend.

Hey ghoolie you are most likely going to be wrong on this one unless heckert just wants out, holmgren will not fire anyone and he will convince lerner with ease that his regime and uncle fritzes nephew just need more time to get it together and since lerner doesnt have a clue or even care whats going on as long as his accountants keep reporting a profit its already a done deal..

It is this owner that continually fails to fix the browns simply because there is no enforcement or design on the club so technically holmgren is the teams paperless owner until he wants to leave and then it all begins again..

But isn't this great news? All the blowhards who claim we need consistency, well here you go. In stead of a coaching carousel, we'll have a consistently bad coach and consistent be at the bottom of the NFL (no change here) from here until the foreseeable future!

Yay consistency!

Holmgren is an arrogant, overrated, fat bastard who thinks he can dictate to the fans and the media how everything is going to be, concerning this team. A team that he had absolutely no interest in 24 months ago. I don't think this would be that much of a problem with the fans, if the team was winning, or at least showing some kind of improvement. I don't really mind that he lies to cover things up.....what HC doesn't? I really have a problem, when he says "you're either with us or you're not". He's telling me to blindly follow his bullshit decisions, and his idiot HC and don't even think about questioning the outcome. You think the stadium looked a little less than full this season?......this is just the beginning. This Prick, who wishes he was in Seattle, should get the f*** out. Lerner has once again managed to drag this once proud franchise to an all time low.

First guys, this is not the First time that Holmgren has stated that he is sticking with Shurmur. So no one can claim ownership of the grade school champion claim of "I told you so". Holmgren already said months before that he was sticking with Shurmur... so no big surprise from him and anyone on this board.

Shurmur has sucked, the fact that we will struggle to score the same amount of points that we did in '99 is a telling sign. We have digressed from last year. Not sure why, but we have just lost what motivation we had as the season is closing. Would love to see us finish strong. With that said, we have a younger coach, we need to have faith that Holmgren knows what he is talking about and what he is doing with the organization. He has been successful. There is experience in that hat that Holmgren wears. People clamour for knee jerk reactions, and I am as just as guitly. After some of these games, if I were holmgren, I probably would have told Shurmur to pack his bags. But I'm not Holmgren. I can only have faith that he is doing the right thing.

All of us have been "NEW" to something and not the best at it. Yet how many of us knew someone that took interest in you and became a mentor and taught you the right way to do something or say something. Maybe that was a dad, a boss, a colleague, who knows, but they took a chance on you because they saw something in you. Maybe, just maybe, we change our perspective just a little, and maybe that view will come with a little patience. And yes, I have been patient, very patient with this team. But if you love something enough, your willing to apply patience. Just like my 5 year old son doesn't get it right all the time. But a little patience and encouragement always goes a long way. That's because I love him. I love the Browns, and with that love comes patience. Doesn't mean I won't get frustrated, yell at the TV and demand changes immediately after the game when we blow a 4th qtr. lead for the 8th time. But there is something magical that happens during the process of the week, where I am, like a tracking beam, sucked to the TV to watch my Browns again, and they will always be my Browns.

There are those that say we need consistency. Perhaps they are right. Perhaps this carousel of coaches and regimes needs to slow down and stop spinning. We have experience at the helm. He knows how to read a compass. He has his crew and staff, let them drive this ship. Only when it falls off the edge of the earth will we need to start over, but right now my faith is still going to be placed in Holmgren.

Holmgren said at his presser that Shurmur would be back next year.

He did not say that he would be back as head coach. I know this is

nitpicking but he did leave the door open a crack that he will come

down from the front office and coach and have Shurmur as OC with a

glorified title.It's a long shot but the door isn't completely shut.

Holmgren is an arrogant, overrated, fat bastard who thinks he can dictate to the fans and the media how everything is going to be, concerning this team.

He can, can't he? He is the president and basically answers to Lerner.

A team that he had absolutely no interest in 24 months ago.

Ten years ago I had no interest in this job until I needed a job. 10 years later I'm still here and successful at it. Your point really bares no weight.

I don't think this would be that much of a problem with the fans, if the team was winning, or at least showing some kind of improvement.

Obviously. We win, people are happy.

I don't really mind that he lies to cover things up.....what HC doesn't? I really have a problem, when he says "you're either with us or you're not".

Are we talking about Holgren or Shurmur? Shurmur I think is still a little "Deer caught in headlight" right now and hasn't really spoken well about several situations this year.

And I sort of agree with Holmgren, but I also understand the media and fans frustrations. If your a fan, your fan. I think he wants people to understand that this is not an overnight thing. Look at the Lions, they started hot and many people were asking why can't we turn it around like the Lions.. well, they are starting to show signs that they are still growing as well. I think if we could be a fly on the wall in team meetings, practices, etc., I think we would all have a different perspective on things.

He's telling me to blindly follow his bullshit decisions, and his idiot HC and don't even think about questioning the outcome.

Isn't that why he is the President of the Browns, to make decisions? It's his second year, and he said that this is technically a second first year and admitted that keeping Mangini around probably wasn't the best decision, but he doens't regret it. And your also assuming that after these games, Shurmur and Holgren are having tea and crumpets the next day. We don't know what happens behind closed doors. I'm sure that there is a lot of coaching goning on behind the scenes and a few uncomfortable conversations. I will say, that since Holmgren has said that Shurmur is a long term decision, that, if Shurmur ever leaves, it will be him "Stepping Down" and making the decision himself, rather than Holmgren firing him.

you think the stadium looked a little less than full this season?......this is just the beginning. This Prick, who wishes he was in Seattle, should get the f*** out. Lerner has once again managed to drag this once proud franchise to an all time low.

Again were characterizing Holmgren in a way that has no justification. He wants to be here because I believe he wants to bring this franchise up out of the ashes. I really do think that. It's easy to throw punches that it's a gig that he is using to merely get him to retirement, that again is just a pure assumption and carries no weight at this point. Only time will tell.

And before you people respond that I'm a holmgren lover, holgren homo, keep the comments away... I'm as big as a fan as you all, and I am certainly as frustrated as you all... But, we need to give the man some time.

Chud did a great job getting Cam Newton adapted to NFL and may able to do the same with RG3.

Ryan would be my fourth choice. Don't think he is a great DC but I like him as a HC because of his intensity and fire. He would need two stud coordinators under him.

Z

AHEM...................... now who was it that said, on the day they hired Holmgren that he was a retired fatass with no fire in his belly? A guy who would take advantage of an owner who knew nothing about football?

LEt me tell you something........ HOLMGREN WILL NOT FIRE SHURMUR. As I told you, it will make him look bad.

The Logical scapegoat? Thaaaat's right, HECKERT..............

Heckert will be let go at teh end of this season.

Neither will go. If anyone goes, yes, it may be McCoy. But that won't help this offense one farthing. They will say the panacea is to bring in an OC.

When I am right Ghoolie, I will expect you to cowtow appropriately to me:

Shurmer gets at least 3-4 full years to prove himself. Holmgren believes he will prove himself, but he isn't going to keep him as HC after 3 years if there is not improvement. Heckert will be here for at least 10 years.

Holmgren thinks Shurmur is the next Bill Walsh, Mr. Mild Mannered Reporter. The problem is, I don't think there is any Red and Blue suit under his clothing.

BrownsKidd i got a few problems though and just believing into this system without knowing what the results may be, your asking for people to invest there money sweat and tears into an unknown that is very diffcult...This is a win now league how many teams would be saying there on a 3 year plan i dont really think any are...Look at Todd Haley he took his team to the playoffs last year his star RB gets hurt for the year and his QB gos out and hes out the door..

Or look to Andy Reid how much has he done for Philly and they are calling for his head in Philly because of one bad year, that brings me to another point do you think Phillys team could win in the AFC North?? You could keep all there talent which is far superior to the Browns and with Vick,McCoy and so forth how well do you think they would fare in this division? Im not so sure they could beat out Pitt or Baltimore for that matter which is troublesome because we are a long way away from the talent end on that side and then you gotta consider if what were being built can beat what we have in this divison im not sure we have the right system...

But isn't this great news? All the blowhards who claim we need consistency, well here you go. In stead of a coaching carousel, we'll have a consistently bad coach and consistent be at the bottom of the NFL (no change here) from here until the foreseeable future!

Yay consistency!

Great, we are becoming the new Bungles! :angry:

First guys, this is not the First time that Holmgren has stated that he is sticking with Shurmur. So no one can claim ownership of the grade school champion claim of "I told you so". Holmgren already said months before that he was sticking with Shurmur... so no big surprise from him and anyone on this board.

Shurmur has sucked, the fact that we will struggle to score the same amount of points that we did in '99 is a telling sign. We have digressed from last year. Not sure why, but we have just lost what motivation we had as the season is closing. Would love to see us finish strong. With that said, we have a younger coach, we need to have faith that Holmgren knows what he is talking about and what he is doing with the organization. He has been successful. There is experience in that hat that Holmgren wears. People clamour for knee jerk reactions, and I am as just as guitly. After some of these games, if I were holmgren, I probably would have told Shurmur to pack his bags. But I'm not Holmgren. I can only have faith that he is doing the right thing.

All of us have been "NEW" to something and not the best at it. Yet how many of us knew someone that took interest in you and became a mentor and taught you the right way to do something or say something. Maybe that was a dad, a boss, a colleague, who knows, but they took a chance on you because they saw something in you. Maybe, just maybe, we change our perspective just a little, and maybe that view will come with a little patience. And yes, I have been patient, very patient with this team. But if you love something enough, your willing to apply patience. Just like my 5 year old son doesn't get it right all the time. But a little patience and encouragement always goes a long way. That's because I love him. I love the Browns, and with that love comes patience. Doesn't mean I won't get frustrated, yell at the TV and demand changes immediately after the game when we blow a 4th qtr. lead for the 8th time. But there is something magical that happens during the process of the week, where I am, like a tracking beam, sucked to the TV to watch my Browns again, and they will always be my Browns.

There are those that say we need consistency. Perhaps they are right. Perhaps this carousel of coaches and regimes needs to slow down and stop spinning. We have experience at the helm. He knows how to read a compass. He has his crew and staff, let them drive this ship. Only when it falls off the edge of the earth will we need to start over, but right now my faith is still going to be placed in Holmgren.

The reason we were better last year is because off Manginin....I would take Mangini over Shurmer any day... at least the team was motivated to win... Shurmer is a worm!

Archived