THE BROWNS BOARD

Is It Just Steelers Fans Losing Interest In The New Nfl?

SuperSteelers

Well, I got what I expected, a few fans of football see what this league is really coming to, a T.V. drama. Most though like the idea of the new NFL and I guess, in part, that is why they can change the game to suit their needs. It will not be too long before a DB has to wait until a receiver catches the ball and makes a "football move" before they can attempt a tackle and QB's aren't allowed to be hit at all. Let's just go ahead and change it to 7 on 7, like in practice, so the scores can reach into the 100's! How fun and exciting will that be?

Are they allowed to leave their feet to spear people?

Sorry, this isn't JUST about the Steelers. This is about guys coming to the realization every one of their FREAKING plays is available in slo-mo replay. Like Gipper pointed out, spearing's been illegal for years. Your own coach piously bleated "we've been working with James to change". Well, not working. The booger had a free shot at McCoy (and I don't give a rat if it had been any other qb in the NFL) and decided to take him out. So take a seat James, change your ways.

Turnaround is fair game- you want violence- may Ben take a similar shot along the way. Turkey Jones piledrive- right on!!! I LOVED the closeline Lynn Swann took on the sideline way back when that nearly decapitated him. I want to see more of the Haynesworth and Suh stomping on guys, it's all part of the culture of violence- let your emotions flow, Luke- come to the Dark Side. May Harrison's foot "accidentally" get stepped on by an offensive lineman, and some linebacker totally blow his knee out with a chop block. That the kind of rough and tumble football you want? Tell you what- if they went back to 60s rules with head slaps and all the other stuff that went along with it, they'd have to expand the roster to 75 players, because you'd have 30 guys on IR every year.

That's the whole problem, it's simply not right to judge full speed hits based on supler slo-mo replay. The game isn't played at that speed, why should it be judged at that speed?

This is not only the first time Harrison faced discpline from the NFL this year, but it was the first time Harrison was even flagged for a personal foul. McCoy did tuck the ball and fake the run until the last second. With that much gray area on the play it's a bit unfair to suspend Harrison. It seems obvious that Harrison change something to avoid getting in trouble like in previous years. And by just taking a quick look at his stats he doesn't seem to have much of a drop off in his play. This goes back to my point that the whole arguement about changing the rules is cenetered around hate for the Steelers for many on this board and not what is best for the league.

Ben has taken some nasty shots throughout his career and 3 years ago the hit Harrison put on McCoy wouldn't have drawn a flag. Now all the sudden the sky falls when a hit like that is made. And comparing a full speed hit to deliberately picking somebody up, intentionally putting forearms on helmets and stomping after the play doesn't really make any sense. The league has successfully balanced between keeping football physical and eliminating dangerous, cheap plays for the past 30 years. Now all the sudden Goodell is cutting into physical football and declaring it illegal. That's what I disagree with.

That's the whole problem, it's simply not right to judge full speed hits based on supler slo-mo replay. The game isn't played at that speed, why should it be judged at that speed?

This is not only the first time Harrison faced discpline from the NFL this year, but it was the first time Harrison was even flagged for a personal foul. McCoy did tuck the ball and fake the run until the last second. With that much gray area on the play it's a bit unfair to suspend Harrison. It seems obvious that Harrison change something to avoid getting in trouble like in previous years. And by just taking a quick look at his stats he doesn't seem to have much of a drop off in his play. This goes back to my point that the whole argument about changing the rules is centered around hate for the Steelers for many on this board and not what is best for the league.

My point was- I wasn't using slo-mo replay. Real time, Harrison most definitely had time to change his trajectory- (Homer? I've had about 6 Bengals fans back me up on this) & if the booger had hit McCoy full bore in the chest with his shoulder pads, there'd be no complaining.

+ Harrison wouldn't have been suspended if this was a first offense. Too bad it wasn't, unless you want to call those shots on Massaquoi and Cribbs last year "accidents" too.

Finally, B##l s##t on Steeler hate, I'd go off on a goon like Harrison if he played for Kansas City, and laid a hit like that on a Miami quarterback.

My point was- I wasn't using slo-mo replay. Real time, Harrison most definitely had time to change his trajectory- (Homer? I've had about 6 Bengals fans back me up on this) & if the booger had hit McCoy full bore in the chest with his shoulder pads, there'd be no complaining.

+ Harrison wouldn't have been suspended if this was a first offense. Too bad it wasn't, unless you want to call those shots on Massaquoi and Cribbs last year "accidents" too.

Finally, B##l s##t on Steeler hate, I'd go off on a goon like Harrison if he played for Kansas City, and laid a hit like that on a Miami quarterback.

Harrison could have tried to slow up more than he did, but so did McCoy. I know the league wants to make it entirely the responsibilty of the defender to avoid a certian hit, but the offensive player has to bare some type of respoinsibilty in defending themselves.

I understand Harrison has been fined before, but remember there was nothing illegal about his hit on Cribbs. Cribbs even came out after the game and said he would play the way Harrison doesw if he was a defender.

Maybe you don't base all youir opinions on like others. It seems like you are being a fair minded person about this and even though I disagree I can respect that fact that it's your honest opinion.

Roid Monk has always been a head hunter, what is the big deal? That ape came in his pants seeing that little white boy QB's head exposed to him, the drool was everywhere.

Poor little Roid Monk gotta sit a game and have his fines paid for him by the fans and team.

Taking one look at that dumb monkey's huge head explains why his momma be getting in fist fights, she is still pissed about that big ass head coming out of that thing she calls a coochie.

thats about as racist as it gets

you give fans around the league a reason to laugh at the browns and their fans for saying ignorant stuff like that

Ben has taken some nasty shots throughout his career and 3 years ago the hit Harrison put on McCoy wouldn't have drawn a flag. Now all the sudden the sky falls when a hit like that is made. And comparing a full speed hit to deliberately picking somebody up, intentionally putting forearms on helmets and stomping after the play doesn't really make any sense. The league has successfully balanced between keeping football physical and eliminating dangerous, cheap plays for the past 30 years. Now all the sudden Goodell is cutting into physical football and declaring it illegal. That's what I disagree with

HELLO, McFly? Is anybody home? Nothing has been declared "illegal" at all that wasn't illegal 30 years ago. The rules have not really changed. Merely the enforcement of them.

This is like a guy who drives every day down a road that is 35 mph. The road has been that speed for 30 years. And every day that guy goes 52 down that 35 mph road...but, today, there happens to be a cop on that road that pulls him over and gives him a ticket. The driver protests that 'I have been traveling 52 mph down that road for years, why all of a sudden do I get a ticket". The cop says "simple, because today I was here to catch you. It was still illegal to 52 all those years, right?" "Well, yes". "So, consider yourself lucky for all those years. Today, you got what you have deserved for a very long time. Consider yourself lucky, punk"dirty-harry-clint-eastwood1.jpg

yinz. yinzers. yokels. hicks. dicks. incestual fornicators. cock suckers. pillow biters. pink piccolo players. flamers. butt pirates. yawn.

all shittburger heraldry.

all you fuckin tough guys that think that the new rules are hurting football..........

can we dress you up in a colt mccoy uniform, go out on the field and have a roid orangutan come barreling at you with his "oh he short, so he can't lower his head, he's got a low center of gravity" 25 mph with a helmet over his large inflated neptune size noggin and crack you in your mug?

yeah right. fxxkin bitches. or better yet take a punch/elbow in the face from mike tyson back in his prime?

yeah. what now faggots?

Leave your parents out of this!

I can't imagine being 10-3 and losing interest.

Gawd I hate steeler fans.

Success is wasted on the clueless.

And the toothless.

Z

Yep and they're the same idiot fans that bitch about their offensive coordinator! Haven't the Steelers been to 3 Super Bowls with the same coordinator?

AMAZING!!!! Its 3 weeks later and Steeler fans are still trying to justify Harrison's hit on the talk shows. I just wonder how many of them would say the hit was a legal, clean hit if it were Ray Lewis hitting Ben?

And by the way, Harrison IS a home boy from right up the street here from where I sit. And the area he is from is famous for producing snakes and greasers. Portage Lakes Snakes we called them. A lot of them were straight from central casting for the Fonzie role, except without any of the endearing qualities Fonzie had.

Archived