THE BROWNS BOARD

Taylor Becoming A Disappointment With The 1St Pick

Soju

Aldon Smith benefits by being on the same defense as Pat Willis where's Von Miller IS Denver's Pat Willis.

Are you serious you must not be watching the game tonight Pat Willis isnt playing and Aldon Smith is eating Big Ben alive...Every play hes getting pressure

Are you serious you must not be watching the game tonight Pat Willis isnt playing and Aldon Smith is eating Big Ben alive...Every play hes getting pressure

Sure Aldon Smith is good, but Justin Smith is also a big name DT for the 49ers playing well today. Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, and Pat Willis are 3 major playmakers for the 49ers defense. Von Miller is the only playmaker for Denver. I think that is his point. Miller has no help while Smith does.

I didn't say he wasn't good. I simply said he benefits from playing alongside an elite LB, which is the truth.

I'm not watching the game, you are correct.

Sure Aldon Smith is good, but Justin Smith is also a big name DT for the 49ers playing well today. Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, and Pat Willis are 3 major playmakers for the 49ers defense. Von Miller is the only playmaker for Denver. I think that is his point. Miller has no help while Smith does.

I would argue that Bunkley is having a great year as well as DJ Williams and you cant count out Dumervill on the other side rushing the passer as well..

Von Miller

Total plays 655

Pass Plays 379

Sacks 10.5

Sacks/pp 2.8%

Aldon Smith

Total Plays 339

Pass Plays 259

Sacks 12.5

Sacks/pp 3.7%

Kinda being a disappointment we passed on a multi year all star for this fat slob

Well, the guy you and Ghoolie are creaming your pants over sure isn't going to be an all-star THIS year. 34th in yards, not even in the top 50 in receptions. LOL, Greg Little has more catches, and might even have more yards if Turdmur wasn't afraid to throw the damn ball farther than 30 feet. Tell me who was the better value.

So we got a most excellent fat slob out of the deal, and if Atlanta's pick turns out to be the ammunition we need to make a trade with the Rams to get Blackmon, you two whiners can STFU.

Playmakers, my ass. Jones Drew and Peterson have helped the Jags and Vikings win a grand total of 6 games.

Kinda being a disappointment we passed on a multi year all star for this fat slob

Ok we know your drunk again Rich...Taylor and Sheared have been productive. I think you need to double up on your Geritol and Haleys MO!

Miller is absolutely not the only playmaker in Denver - Elvis Dumervil, as was mentioned before. Dumervil has only 8.5 sacks, because teams focus on him after his league-leading 17 sacks in 2009. Elvis was injured all last year.

It's fun to talk about Smith getting pressure all night, because there's a Squeeler fan who posts on this board twice daily that OL doesn't matter.. however, Big Ben's going nowhere this year because his OL is a gaggle of waiver-wire pickups with a first-round center.

Not to mention Sheard adds 5 forced fumbles which leads the league to those 7.5 sacks. He should finish 2nd in defensive rookie of the year voting behind Von Miller, also a freak.

The guy from San Fran that was all over BRs ass last night could even be better than Miller.

The Broncos have Elvis Dumerville that puts every bit as much pressure on the QBs as Miller does.

...Let's put it this way, we have Sheard, and that is great, but it would also be nice to get a Von Miller or a Dumerville in here as well.

Fair to say?

Elvis Dumervil, Brodrick Bunkley and D.J. Williams are all very good players.

But Pat Willis is elite. Teams have to gameplan for him alone. It's the same effect Polamalu has for the Steelers. The first step is getting Polamalu blocked, the next step is blocking the rest of the team. While Dumervil, Bunkley and Williams are no doubt great players that could start for any team in the league, they just don't command the same amount of respect.

Smith had a great game last night without Willis there. He's a good player, probably will be a great player. The 1-2 punch of Willis and Smith will probably be the best LB duo for the next few seasons, unless Denver adds another first round draft pick.

The Broncos have Elvis Dumerville that puts every bit as much pressure on the QBs as Miller does.

...Let's put it this way, we have Sheard, and that is great, but it would also be nice to get a Von Miller or a Dumerville in here as well.

Fair to say?

Yes. We need a run stopping, pass rushing LB and/or RE to make Sheard even better than he is now..

Archived