THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Released

CLEVELandMILIDH

Braylon Edwards' time with the San Francisco 49ers has come to an abrupt end.

The wide receiver issued a statement on his web site Tuesday announcing that the team had released him. The team later confirmed the move.

Listen to the 2011 NFL season LIVE -- hear all the action online in premium sound quality with NFL Audio Pass. Sign up now!

"I was released today by the 49ers due to my injury that required more time to rehab and hasn’t allowed me to re-sync with the offense," Edwards said. "I wish the 49ers organization the best of luck during the playoffs. I will be working hard this offseason to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season. Thanks for your continued support and for being such loyal fans."

Edwards, in his seventh season, suffered a knee injury on the third play from scrimmage in a Week 2 game against the Dallas Cowboys and never has been able to fully recover since. The former Pro Bowl selection has played in just nine games, hauling in 15 catches for 181 yards and no touchdowns.

The 49ers signed Edwards to a one-year, $3.5 million contract back in August

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8257520c/article/edwards-announces-his-release-from-49ers?module=HP11_headline_stack

I didn't think a guy could be released while he was rehabbing an injury. That reason sounds more like an excuse.

How far has this schmo fallen? Traded by the Browns, cut by the Jets, cut by the 49ers.

Can we officially call this guy....who was the third overall pick in the draft, a certified Bust?

I didn't think a guy could be released while he was rehabbing an injury. That reason sounds more like an excuse.

How far has this schmo fallen? Traded by the Browns, cut by the Jets, cut by the 49ers.

Can we officially call this guy....who was the third overall pick in the draft, a certified Bust?

I guess he can no longer use the excuse that he is only hated because he is from Michigan, which was his excuse that he used while in Cleveland! Nope he just sucks! Perhaps he'll have better luck playing in the CFL or the Arena League. :P

hmm...to hear certain posters tell it, mangini committed a cardinal sin getting rid of this "playmaker"....

pft...

His talent wasn't overrated, what was between his ears was. His continued dropped passes were a mental failure. His questionable character in some areas (not all areas) was obvious mental. His cancerous attitude was mental. Whether or not he was now released because of physical ailments is speculative. The 49ers were obviously not willing to allow him to heal on their dime.

You can be injured and get released but you have to be able to pass a physical. I'm not sure what the rules in the new CBA are so it might be different now

Braylon was hampered by an injury that he never fully recovered from but he was healthy enough to pass a physical and even play a few extra snaps...unfortunately the injury just didn't allow him to get back to his true form

Braylon is no bust but he has had some terrible QBs throwing him the ball

You can be injured and get released but you have to be able to pass a physical. I'm not sure what the rules in the new CBA are so it might be different now

Braylon was hampered by an injury that he never fully recovered from but he was healthy enough to pass a physical and even play a few extra snaps...unfortunately the injury just didn't allow him to get back to his true form

Braylon is no bust but he has had some terrible QBs throwing him the ball

First off, here is Braylon's true form:

Secondly, all those terrible QBs kept throwing the ball right right between the numbers.

Braylon is a bust in EVERY sense of the word.

First off, here is Braylon's true form:

Secondly, all those terrible QBs kept throwing the ball right right between the numbers.

Braylon is a bust in EVERY sense of the word.

I know you hate all the talented players that leave Cleveland or hint at leaving Cleveland..maybe because ur bitter but Braylon is a pro bowl talent when he's healthy

That doesn't sound like a bust to me...you can post vids of his drops and I can turn around and post highlights just as easily

Of course ur negative ass only remembers the drops and not the ridiculous diving one handed grabs or leaping over double coverages to snag in uncatchable passes out of nowhere

That's my point. When Hillis leaves you'll point as his injury or his fumbles and say he sucked but you'll forget all of his highlight runs and catches

I'd take him back in a second. With Braylon back and Little across from him and Norwood in the slot. With Moore and Cameron in there at TightEnd. It could be like 07 all over again!

Plus I still have 2 #17 jerseys in my closet! :D

I know you hate all the talented players that leave Cleveland or hint at leaving Cleveland..maybe because ur bitter but Braylon is a pro bowl talent when he's healthy

That doesn't sound like a bust to me...you can post vids of his drops and I can turn around and post highlights just as easily

Of course ur negative ass only remembers the drops and not the ridiculous diving one handed grabs or leaping over double coverages to snag in uncatchable passes out of nowhere

That's my point. When Hillis leaves you'll point as his injury or his fumbles and say he sucked but you'll forget all of his highlight runs and catches

1) I'll never rag on Hillis, because he wasn't a first round pick like Edwards, (we got PH for nothing) and his top season = that of Edwards.

2) BS Edwards is a Pro Bowl level athlete with HANDS OF STONE- he's proved it again and again. Damn he proved it @ Michigan- and dumbass Savage drafted him anyway. A WR who can't catch the damn ball consistently is WORTHLESS. He's now been dumped by 3 teams- for an #3 overall pick,that SCREAMS BUST. Doubly, we could have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of this bum.

Go ahead, post his circus catches, and I can match you tit for tat where he got hit on the hands, or right between the 1 and 7 and dropped it. Some of the drops came in critical situations where they were in fact game changers.

If the guy would spend more time in the film room instead of in Nightclubs trying to entice Beyonce with $300 bottles of champagne,maybe he'd amount to something- his next stop will be his last fer certain, good or bad. Some team may take a flyer on him in 2012 for vet minimum.

PS Eric Mangini is laughing his ass off, right now.

1) I'll never rag on Hillis, because he wasn't a first round pick like Edwards, (we got PH for nothing) and his top season = that of Edwards.

2) BS Edwards is a Pro Bowl level athlete with HANDS OF STONE- he's proved it again and again. Damn he proved it @ Michigan- and dumbass Savage drafted him anyway. A WR who can't catch the damn ball consistently is WORTHLESS. He's now been dumped by 3 teams- for an #3 overall pick,that SCREAMS BUST. Doubly, we could have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of this bum.

Go ahead, post his circus catches, and I can match you tit for tat where he got hit on the hands, or right between the 1 and 7 and dropped it. Some of the drops came in critical situations where they were in fact game changers.

If the guy would spend more time in the film room instead of in Nightclubs trying to entice Beyonce with $300 bottles of champagne,maybe he'd amount to something- his next stop will be his last fer certain, good or bad. Some team may take a flyer on him in 2012 for vet minimum.

PS Eric Mangini is laughing his ass off, right now.

+1

Yep, Braylon's issues were in his head. Athletic, yes. Make some great catches, yes. But his problem was his predisposed bloated EGO before he ever did anything. Remember his comment about 2 TD catches for every gold medal won by Phelps, that right there tells you the guy's mental state. He self-coronated himself when at the time he was only worthy of the court jester.

Did you not read what I said? His physical talent is pro bowl. His mental talent is sanitorium.

He had one good year, 2007, his ONLY Pro Bowl season. Three different teams have said "Sayonara Sucker" to him.

He was the third overall pick of the draft. He is a bust bigger than Dolly Parton's.

No, I do remember them. And I believe that is what he should have been capable of doing for the Browns for his entire career. But those good plays he made unfortunately are outweighed by all his inadequacies.

If you like his sorry ass so much why don't you advocate for the Saints to pick him up?

That's my point. When Hillis leaves you'll point as his injury or his fumbles and say he sucked but you'll forget all of his highlight runs and catches.

Hillis have never been the asshole from a personality perspective that Edwards. Edwards never came close to being as popular as Hillis. Hillis came in with a humble attitude and an outstanding work ethic. Edwards came in with an attitude of entitlement and with a lazy work ethic. Hillis has never alienated the fans with his mouth, Edwards did.

Hillis has never been arrested. Edwards was. etc. etc.

I'd take him back in a second. With Braylon back and Little across from him and Norwood in the slot. With Moore and Cameron in there at TightEnd. It could be like 07 all over again!

All that said, I am not necessarily against the Browns taking a look at Edwards. I cannot help but think that his release by the 49ers is not the equivalent of a mule being smacked upside the head.

Maybe it will take him to his 8th year to get a clue.

Braylon was at his best when he had a weapon at TE(Kellen Winslow Jr.), could Jordan Cameron be that K2 clone we've needed. They have the same Physical Attributes as each other(Ht. Wt. Vert. Speed.) Also Some one to take all the double coverages off of him(Jurivicious) would help. Could Little be the threat on the other side?

Massaquoi had such a decent game when Edwards was here because he drew all the double teams. Cribbs wasn't as developed as a WR then as he is now. I think with Edwards and Little on the outs and Cribbs in the slot they could be an effective WR core. Mix in a little Momass and Norwood for 4 and 5 WR sets and they could be a top 10 Wideout group, JMHO.

I think a lot of people had a problem with him just because "King James" did. Well, we saw what the "King" did to Cleveland and I kinda wish Braylon would have kicked his ass then... let alone James's midget entourage... fag

Braylon was at his best when he had a weapon at TE(Kellen Winslow Jr.), could Jordan Cameron be that K2 clone we've needed. They have the same Physical Attributes as each other(Ht. Wt. Vert. Speed.) Also Some one to take all the double coverages off of him(Jurivicious) would help. Could Little be the threat on the other side?

Massaquoi had such a decent game when Edwards was here because he drew all the double teams. Cribbs wasn't as developed as a WR then as he is now. I think with Edwards and Little on the outs and Cribbs in the slot they could be an effective WR core. Mix in a little Momass and Norwood for 4 and 5 WR sets and they could be a top 10 Wideout group, JMHO.

I think a lot of people had a problem with him just because "King James" did. Well, we saw what the "King" did to Cleveland and I kinda wish Braylon would have kicked his ass then... let alone James's midget entourage... fag

Not the case at all- Edwards wore out his welcome in Cleveland with too many dropped passes.

And please get this fantasy out out of your head. Edwards is NOT coming back to the Browns- he'd rather be boiled in oil. Hey, if he's as good as you think he is (he's not) send him home to Meechigan to play for the Lions opposite Calvin Johnson.

Edwards has now cleared waivers- seems no one wants him. ..... NBC Sports

Braylon got clear separation from the waiver wire. No one laid a hand on him, gimpy knee and all.

I’ll bet Brayby thinks the teams passed on him because he played at Michigan.

Follow him on twitter; he will be heavily pursued in 2012. Pursued by the Arena League, the CFL, the USFL, Pop Warner and the Taliban.

Edwards has now cleared waivers- seems no one wants him. ..... NBC Sports

Braylon got clear separation from the waiver wire. No one laid a hand on him, gimpy knee and all.

Ill bet Brayby thinks the teams passed on him because he played at Michigan.

Follow him on twitter; he will be heavily pursued in 2012. Pursued by the Arena League, the CFL, the USFL, Pop Warner and the Taliban.

At best some team may sign him for the veteran minimum to give him a chance to make a team in next year's training camps, and if he doesn't...no big loss for the team that tries him out.

Archived