THE BROWNS BOARD

Matt Flynn

inliner311

Does the name Scott Mitchell ring a bell with anyone here?

He made his $$ after he beat us, coming in for Marino. I would rather get someone else, let Washington or Seattle get Flynn.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could pass for 500 yards and 6 TD's with Green Bay's offense. I think you better give McCoy another year because as much as it'd make me puke, he'll make the Browns consistent winners. Your D was 5th in scoring Defense and with some offensive help you guys are looking to a threat every year. WR's are your biggest weakness and should be the focus of your draft. RGIII would make a good wideout, but he'll not go for that, so you need to forget about him.

god you guys jump ship so quickly

flynn played one game in the 2nd best offense in the league against one of the poorest secondaries in the league

while his performance would be impressive for anyone, its not anything to bank on.

1 game doesnt make a player.....1 season doesnt make a player either

give colt the time he deserves

What are the downsides to getting Flynn? It'll light a fire under Colt's ass to start producing. A pick we don't spend on a QB is a pick we can spend on weapons around him.

It will cost whatever contract he would get, which is sure to be more than that of a rookie draft pick.

yeah and if we did all the BS to get him don't you think we'd start him over colt? so where's that "burning the fire under his ass"?

man everyone just calm down. give colt another year, build up and fill in the rest of the team. if he doesn't produce next year then.....

like i said before, it's not like we're going on a superbowl run or even a playoff run next year. why not take the opportunity to grab 6 players next year. i mean heckert has done good by us so far.

you guys must be a pleasure to watch tv with. don't like the first 5 minutes of a movie so let's pull out the dvd and put another one in. for christ's sake, stop it.

Sounds like a familiar story though. Oh wait! Last season Kevin Kolb took over for Vick with electric playmakers and earned himself a contract in Arizona. Then he plays for a team with Larry Fitzgerald and a bunch off plugs and he's garbage. Give Colt weapons, watch him succeed!

Remember last year when Vick got hurt early in the season? Kevin Kolb came in and put up some gaudy numbers for a back-up by playing in an offense with playmakers like DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and LeSean McCoy. He earned himself a new contract in Arizona and we all can see he is garbage with Larry Fitzgerald as his lone playmaker. Also, Matt Flynn is not the answer. Does any one remember Matt Flynn as an average QB at LSU? He's throwing to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, and Jermichael Finley to put up those numbers.

What am I getting at?

1. Give Colt McCoy some weapons and see what he can do. You'd be amazed.

2. Stay away from Matt Flynn. He's the next Kevin Kolb.

That is all.

flynn played one game in the 2nd best offense in the league against one of the poorest secondaries in the league

while his performance would be impressive for anyone, its not anything to bank on.

exactly, let's give McCoy some weapons and see what he can do...

I'm not arguing one side or the other here, I'm just saying that I've heard and it's been the idea for years that Matt Flynn is the best backup in the NFL, a la matt schaub. I can't make an opinion though because I've never really seen the dude play, but just throwing that up there.

Im in RG3 Camp, i wouldnt pay Flynn that kind of Money he is going to get...Plus do you really think if he hits F/A he will choose Cleveland over the other places he could go Miami,SF etc...Also word is if hes traded the current asking price is a 1st rounder way to steep

Maybe he didn't make a strong case for his opinion, but show me one throw or situation McCoy couldn't have executed with that system/offense?

Good point! The problem with these back up guys is you could get a Steve Young like the niners did from the Bucs or a get a Scott Mitchel. Back ups always look good when there on a good team to start with. The Browns are not a good team and can make anyone look bad.

They would Franchise him cause it would give them the chance to trade and I don't think that any team would have to pay the tag but instead sign him to their own contract. It's exactly what the Patriots did with Matt Cassel.

There's no way they'd take the chance to pay a backup that much money. I don't think many teams would trade for him to pay him that much money after two games. I doubt he gets the franchise tag. Once they use it, that's it. They would have to pay him around 14.5 million. They can't remove it.

He's had time and has not shown improvement.

Matt Flynn looked pretty good last week filling in for Aaron Rodgers. Don't forget he was throwing to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, and Jermichael Finley. That story sounds familiar. Does anyone remember last season how good Kevin Kolb looked when Vick went down? Well I do and he looked really good. That's because he was throwing to DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and LeSean McCoy. Good enough to earn himself a job in Arizona. Now, how does he look when his only playmaker is Larry Fitzgerald? What am I getting at?

1. Colt stays and we don't draft a quarterback. Also, add WEAPONS to the offense and watch McCoy succeed.

2. Stay away from Matt Flynn. It's an illusion.

and why waste our most coveted pick on a position that was already filled two years ago with a player that played pretty good under one system in his rookie season with no receivers to speak of and then played poorly this year with a new system and no offseason?

that first pick should be impactful by filling one need to put us over the top on one side of the ball. how about another DE to bookend sheard? another CB to bookend haden? a RT to bookend thomas?

there's always some guy that will be the next "whoever walks on water" that we can all clamor over to be our next brady queen. give this kid mccoy a shot with another year under this stupid WCO with a real weapon at receiver and a real running game with right side protection and see what he can do.

if it's squadoosh then pull the plug on him.

id say flynn is an attractive option....knows the system, not a rookie, so a much shorter learning curve.

otherwise, i'd have to check the list of FA QB's....but we should neither draft nor trade for a QB. roll with colt this year and resume amassing talent. you only remove colt if you have a clearly better option.....RGiii is not clearly better.

Archived