THE BROWNS BOARD

Matt Flynn

inliner311

I could pass for 500 yards and 6 TD's with Green Bay's offense. I think you better give McCoy another year because as much as it'd make me puke, he'll make the Browns consistent winners. Your D was 5th in scoring Defense and with some offensive help you guys are looking to a threat every year. WR's are your biggest weakness and should be the focus of your draft. RGIII would make a good wideout, but he'll not go for that, so you need to forget about him.

So what you're saying is that Rodgers sucks? Those are Rodgers type numbers on a great day. Flynn played a lot like Rodgers who is a great QB.

The same folks who drafted Rodgers also drafted Flynn, so they have an eye for talent. At least Flynn has two good games under his belt, RGIII has none. Flyyn has demonstrated he should be able to get it done with talent around him. Maybe even to an extent without.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what you're saying is that Rodgers sucks? Those are Rodgers type numbers on a great day. Flynn played a lot like Rodgers who is a great QB.

The same folks who drafted Rodgers also drafted Flynn, so they have an eye for talent. At least Flynn has two good games under his belt, RGIII has none. Flyyn has demonstrated he should be able to get it done with talent around him. Maybe even to an extent without.

im glad we're back to agreeing on most topics :P

:lol: blind squirrel....

the rough part was realizing about 6 games to go that shurmur isnt going anywhere and holmgren really doesnt have a good grasp on the job yet. but you were absolutely correct in that its gonna take time....more than we'd like unfortunately. i also fell for the shock and awe of holmgren without considering he might have to do some learning on the job as well. so strangely, it was your posts that made me settle and think a bit more about how this will all play out.

i thought the season came together a bit at the end. this is the key draft that will determine if we can become competitive long term or due for another rebuild in 3 years. even with colt, a few pieces on offense i think will help win a few of those close losses.

thats why i like the flynn option. no risk besides cap space, and it doesn't inhibit our ability to draft a qb in 13. the team as a whole gets stronger, young guys get more experience, and most importantly....the core will be in place. it didn't work trying to get the qb first then build the team, so lets at least try the opposite.

Well, Aaron Rodgers throws to those same people. So is he over rated as well? Maybe Green Bay should dump them both and hire Brady Quinn!

Aaron Rodgers has put up those gaudy numbers for almost 3 seasons and everyone is sold on Matt Flynn after one start. You people are impressed too easily. You see something shiny and you instantly want to have it like a baby.

no....it wasnt just one start that put flynn on the radar.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20849&st=0&p=256273&hl=flynn&fromsearch=1entry256273

that was brought up by an astute poster 6+ weeks ago....and it makes a ton of sense beyond the fact that he's able to play well if surrounded by talent.

Right... Luck will be gone and isn't worth mortgaging the ranch for, and no other QB in the draft is really a good fit for Cleveland. If Flynn sucks, just cut him and take a cap hit for a season. There should be more QB's that would fit better in Cleveland in next year's draft. I really doubt McCoy is better than Flynn.

And this year's draft is the one that is going to make or break Holmgren and Co. I doubt they spend a high draft pick on a QB and take safer choices, even though WR is only a slightly safer choice than QB.

I'm not arguing one side or the other here, I'm just saying that I've heard and it's been the idea for years that Matt Flynn is the best backup in the NFL, a la matt schaub. I can't make an opinion though because I've never really seen the dude play, but just throwing that up there.

Seneca Wallace has widely been considered one of the best backups in the league as well. We ain't winning shit with Wallace.

no....it wasnt just one start that put flynn on the radar.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20849&st=0&p=256273&hl=flynn&fromsearch=1entry256273

that was brought up by an astute poster 6+ weeks ago....and it makes a ton of sense beyond the fact that he's able to play well if surrounded by talent.

So you are saying Matt Flynn can play well when surrounded by talent but Colt can't? Great logic there pal.

Archived