THE BROWNS BOARD

Suck It, Osama Bin Mendenhall... (Torn Acl)

Cobra Kai

And the ignorance of Cleveland fans continue

Bin laden was a terrorist according to us...but he was a person...a husband...a father...a brother

You cheer death and you close ur eyes just a little more to the world

Soon you'll be completely blind

hahaha... What's the common term for 'troll' around here? Is it 'troll?'

Thanks for your input, Mrs. bin Ladenhall. ;)

internettroll-1.jpg

Bin laden was a terrorist according to us...but he was a person...a husband...a father...a brother

.... who is also responsible for thousands of innocent deaths. His goal was to kill innocient people, whether they were mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, elderly, or even children. He didn't care when he planned and ordered attacks. So I'm so fucking sorry if I cheered when he died and don't like people who try to stand up for him.

stay classy cleveland.

now sit back and watch OTHER teams compete.

yet again.

but hey, you can always spend the offseason talking about how your top 5 pick will be the messiah that saves the browns.

yet again.

wow. and i thought you couldn't embarrass yourself anymore than you have in the past. it must be great to sit back on your mom's couch in her nice warm basement playing video games while some of your fellow countrymen are out there fighting and dying for your freedom.

no, i don't agree with all of our country's policies or how we go about dealing with some of our neighbors on this planet, but i'm sure as hell not going to badmouth the USA. then to align yourself with one of the most notorious religious fanatics responsible for thousands of deaths throughout the world shows me that you are nothing but a little sniveling bitch who i'd pick up by the scruff of your neck and toss you on a plane and throw you out of it over iran with nothing but a parachute and see how you make out.

i didin't cheer for mendenhall's injury but the guy made himself look like shit by opening up his mouth and saying something dumb. sorta like what you just did.

go fxxk yourself pussy.

What the fuck's wrong with you?

Zombo

Look at this world traveler posting from fooking CANTON Ohio. The all knowledgeable about world events. It doesn't take my tri-country citizenship to know Bin Laden and you are in fact douche bags.

What i dont understand is how Canton is always trying to argue about what the Browns do or dont need to do, let me ask you a question if the Saints and The Browns are both playing at 1 o clock who are you going to be watching???Saints of course, Then why would you come on here and try to tell passionate fans who just sat through the whole game what is or isnt wrong with this team get the Fuccckk outta here

stay classy cleveland.

now sit back and watch OTHER teams compete.

yet again.

but hey, you can always spend the offseason talking about how your top 5 pick will be the messiah that saves the browns.

yet again.

Yeah, and you trolls can defend your thug YET AGAIN for taking three of our guys out of games with cheap shots. Too bad it was Mendenhall on a legit hit, and not Harrison.

Guaranteed you'll be crying like babies if Dumerville or Miller takes Ben out of the game with a Harrison shot to the head, or a VonCheapshotten blow to the knee.

Personally I don't like to see anyone be injured. Glad to see them knocked on her ass bell rung shaken up et cetera but it bothers me to see anyone get a career threatening injury.

Possibly a head hunter like Harrison deserves one but I'd rather beat a team with their main guys playing.

WSS

no, i don't agree with all of our country's policies or how we go about dealing with some of our neighbors on this planet, but i'm sure as hell not going to badmouth the USA. then to align yourself with one of the most notorious religious fanatics responsible for thousands of deaths throughout the world shows me that you are nothing but a little sniveling bitch who i'd pick up by the scruff of your neck and toss you on a plane and throw you out of it over iran with nothing but a parachute and see how you make out.

Lol I never claimed to be the biggest baddest toughest dude in the world and I sure as hell am not brave enough to go overseas and run a truck over a bridge filled with land mines.....but at least I'm smart enough not to do that shit

I didn't bad mouth my country and I didn't align myself with any terrorists...I did say that cheering death is ignorant and foolish

Terrorists loved killing ppl for their cause...apparently you loved bin laden being killed for our cause...that makes you no better than him

Maybe I watched too many super heroes when I was little but attacking and killing someone who has never been found guilt of any crimes sounds a little corrupt...not that it is necessarily...it just sounds fishy

i didin't cheer for mendenhall's injury but the guy made himself look like shit by opening up his mouth and saying something dumb. sorta like what you just did.

go fxxk yourself pussy.

he said you shouldn't cheer a fellow human being killed...all that does it promote more violence and there is nothing positive to come from it

Lol I never claimed to be the biggest baddest toughest dude in the world and I sure as hell am not brave enough to go overseas and run a truck over a bridge filled with land mines.....but at least I'm smart enough not to do that shit

I didn't bad mouth my country and I didn't align myself with any terrorists...I did say that cheering death is ignorant and foolish

Terrorists loved killing ppl for their cause...apparently you loved bin laden being killed for our cause...that makes you no better than him

Maybe I watched too many super heroes when I was little but attacking and killing someone who has never been found guilt of any crimes sounds a little corrupt...not that it is necessarily...it just sounds fishy

he said you shouldn't cheer a fellow human being killed...all that does it promote more violence and there is nothing positive to come from it

His cause was to wipe out Christians and Jews and to destroy governments, ours was the seek revenge for thousands of innocent murders. Huge difference you fucking faggot. I'm glad he is dead, I'm glad that Gaddaffi is dead, I'm glad the Hussein is dead, I'm glad that we still drop predictor bombs on anyone who is part of the Taliban or Al Qaeda. On top of it I'm glad Hitler died, I'm glad that trials sent so many Nazi's straight to hell, I think we should pull Stalin's dead ass out of the ground and ram a soviet flag up he decomposing ass and hang him upside down in the red square, and as far as I'm concerned you can go fuck yourself you self entitled prick.

They are fooked. Their 2nd string backup fumbled twice and their 3rd string runs a 6.5, 40.

The 2nd string backup Redman runs hard and FOREWARD like a truck, unlike Mendenhall who tippy toes, spins and curls like a ballerina! I think they will actually be better off especially if they get Moore back.

Man, I thought your only problem was that you were a condescending saints fans who picks his team by color. I was wrong, you are also very misguided with an obviously very left and PC education.

Again, why do you post here anyway you root for the saints?

Really? Bin Laden a terrorist "according to us". And he was a husband, father, brother?

What about the 3000 or so husband's, father's, mothers, brothers, sisters etc. that he murdered.

If you were here in front of me right now, I would slap you in the face...except I am sure that I would be waiting in a long line to do so.

Really? Bin Laden a terrorist "according to us". And he was a husband, father, brother?

What about the 3000 or so husband's, father's, mothers, brothers, sisters etc. that he murdered.

If you were here in front of me right now, I would slap you in the face...except I am sure that I would be waiting in a long line to do so.

Didn't your mother teach you it's wrong to hit a woman?

Man, I thought your only problem was that you were a condescending saints fans who picks his team by color. I was wrong, you are also very misguided with an obviously very left and PC education.

Again, why do you post here anyway you root for the saints?

This comment is almost as dumb as the original. What this kid said has nothing to do with being "left" or PC. I consider myself a liberal, and though I am not always "PC" I don't try to go overboard with insensitive remarks.

The fact is, this kid's statement was NOT "you should not cheer the death of Bid Laden", that is NOT how I read it.

He implied that we should not have taken Bin Laden out. And that is why I want to slap his silly face. I might tend to agree that we should not go overboard "cheering" his death.....but we certainly should be glad it occurred. Why? Not even for revenge's sake....But because that motherfucker was still a threat to this country as long as he is alive. And the US is FULLY within our right to take out any threat to our citizen's and our security.

That includes Bin Laden and every one of his motherfucking followers.

His cause was to wipe out Christians and Jews and to destroy governments, ours was the seek revenge for thousands of innocent murders. Huge difference you fucking faggot. I'm glad he is dead, I'm glad that Gaddaffi is dead, I'm glad the Hussein is dead, I'm glad that we still drop predictor bombs on anyone who is part of the Taliban or Al Qaeda. On top of it I'm glad Hitler died, I'm glad that trials sent so many Nazi's straight to hell, I think we should pull Stalin's dead ass out of the ground and ram a soviet flag up he decomposing ass and hang him upside down in the red square, and as far as I'm concerned you can go fuck yourself you self entitled prick.

That is one, great rant... the pacing... the build-up... the Stalin... action-smiley-033.gif

As for Mendenhall, I take neither joy in his injury nor offense at his ignorant tweets.

That is one, great rant... the pacing... the build-up... the Stalin... action-smiley-033.gif

As for Mendenhall, I take neither joy in his injury nor offense at his ignorant tweets.

I don't wish Mendenhall any harm. I think he was just being stupid the day he said that. Nevertheless, if his being out of action contributes to the Steelers going down in flames, fine. No pity party from him here. Injuries are a part of the game. It was just his turn.

T

This comment is almost as dumb as the original. What this kid said has nothing to do with being "left" or PC. I consider myself a liberal, and though I am not always "PC" I don't try to go overboard with insensitive remarks.

The fact is, this kid's statement was NOT "you should not cheer the death of Bid Laden", that is NOT how I read it.

He implied that we should not have taken Bin Laden out. And that is why I want to slap his silly face. I might tend to agree that we should not go overboard "cheering" his death.....but we certainly should be glad it occurred. Why? Not even for revenge's sake....But because that motherfucker was still a threat to this country as long as he is alive. And the US is FULLY within our right to take out any threat to our citizen's and our security.

That includes Bin Laden and every one of his motherfucking followers.

For bein an angry old bitch and tellin everybody what my post said, you sure don't sound like you read my original post

It doesn't matter what political views I have...what my views on killing are

You guys are being less American by telling me I can't or shouldn't say something than I am by defending my beliefs

How many ppl here served in their country? Not many

I don't agree with many things that ur old ignorant ass generation says

Oh...btw we just passed a law that says the federal government can detain ppl and hold them without reason or cause

That's an internment camp bitches

Just to be clear... I really did like your rant and did not sense you taking any joy in his injury.

I cannot say the same about most the posts in this thread...

Couldn't have happened to a bigger scumbag, than that terrorist loving douche...

LINK

You're an idiot and here is a ESPN inside article for your reading pleasure.

The 1976 Pittsburgh Steelers offered a lesson in the limitations of how far a team can go when trying to overcome injuries.

That club was one of the most talented in NFL history (it boasted nine Hall of Famers among its starting 22), and that skill level allowed the Steelers to bounce back from a 1-4 start -- and the loss of Terry Bradshaw -- to post 10 straight wins on the way to a berth in the AFC Championship Game.

Making it to that contest was quite an achievement, but it turned out to be the high-water mark of the year. Pittsburgh lost both of its starting running backs in an AFC divisional playoff win against the Baltimore Colts. Those losses were just too much even for this roster, and it led to a stagnant offense and a 24-7 defeat at the hands of the Oakland Raiders.

The current Pittsburgh roster doesn't quite have the stockpile of Hall of Fame-caliber candidates, but unlike that 1976 team, this year's Steelers should be able to use a diverse set of strengths to work around their health limitations. If they can, this is a team fully capable of making a Super Bowl run.

It starts with Pittsburgh's running game. Losing Rashard Mendenhall to a season-ending ACL injury hurts, but the Steelers' season-long totals in the good blocking yards per attempt (GBYPA) metric indicate it might not be a huge loss.

For those unfamiliar with GBYPA, it is a game tape-based statistic that measures how productive a ball carrier is on plays when he is given good blocking (which is loosely defined as when the blockers do not allow the defense to do anything to disrupt a rushing attempt).

Mendenhall posted a 7.2-yard total in this category, which is quite good (6.5 is normally the league average) but is less than the 8.8-yard GBYPA mark posted by the rest of Pittsburgh's ball carriers. This means that, as dynamic as he is often described as being,, Mendenhall should not be very hard to replace in terms of production (a sentiment shared by ESPN.com AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley). Quite simply: If the ground game dries up, it won't be because of an injury. It'll be about what's happening up front.

The Steelers also might have one of the best starting wide receiver tandems in the NFL in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The amazing thing about this tandem is how their skills go far beyond how we often hear them described. This pair is far more than two deep threats.

To get an idea of just how dominant these two are, check out their season totals at each route depth level:

Mike Wallace's 2011 season

Route Depth Comp Att Yds TD Int Pen Pen Yds YPA

Short (1-10 yards) 47 58 503 2 1 0 0 8.7

Medium (11-19 yards) 15 26 223 1 1 0 0 8.6

Deep (20-29 yards) 1 3 25 1 0 0 0 8.3

Bomb (30+ yards) 8 19 431 4 1 2 84 24.5

Other (throwaways, etc.) 1 1 11 0 0 0 0 11.0

Total 72 107 1193 8 3 2 84 11.7

Vertical (11+ yards) 24 48 679 6 2 2 84 15.3

Stretch Vertical (20+ yards) 9 22 456 5 1 2 84 22.5

Antonio Brown's 2011 season

Route Depth Comp Att Yds TD Int Pen Pen Yds YPA

Short (1-10 yards) 27 39 221 1 0 1 2 5.6

Medium (11-19 yards) 34 53 676 1 1 1 14 12.8

Deep (20-29 yards) 8 18 211 0 1 0 0 11.7

Bomb (30+ yards) 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0.0

Other (throwaways, etc.) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0

Total 69 115 1108 2 3 2 16 9.6

Vertical (11+ yards) 42 75 887 1 3 1 14 11.9

Stretch Vertical (20+ yards) 8 22 211 0 2 0 0 9.6

The first item that comes to mind when viewing these numbers is the fact that Pittsburgh nearly pulled off the rare feat of having two wideouts with double-digit overall YPA totals.

The next most notable statistics are Wallace's short pass totals, both from a YPA perspective (8.7) and an overall yardage perspective (503). Wallace is rightfully thought of as being one of the most dangerous downfield receiving threats in the NFL, but his short pass skills are so prolific that he gained more yards on those dink-and-dunk throws than he did on stretch vertical passes.

That is surprising enough, but the most shocking aspect of these figures is that Brown was actually targeted for 27 more vertical passes than Wallace this year and outpaced him on vertical yards by more than 200 yards. Brown doesn't possess Wallace's ability to put fear in the heart of a defense with raw speed, but his prowess at the medium depth level means he is just as much of a game plan nightmare.

These strengths might be enough on their own to help carry Pittsburgh through Ben Roethlisberger's ankle injury, but they are helped by the fact that the Steelers are really the only fully rounded team in the playoffs. They have the ability to move the ball on the ground and through the air on offense, and they are dominant at stopping both the pass and the run on defense (something evidenced by Pittsburgh's No. 1 ranking in pass yards allowed, total yards allowed and points allowed).

Pittsburgh might be able to make the "most well-rounded" claim only when Roethlisberger is healthy, but since it had the good fortune of landing what looks to be a very favorable first-round matchup against the Denver Broncos (who can make a strong claim to being the weakest team in the 2011 NFL playoffs), it means the odds are quite strong that a team is going to have to beat a healthy Roethlisberger at some point in the postseason.

If that turns out to be the case, this Pittsburgh squad might end up mimicking its Super Bowl XL predecessor by turning a low playoff seed into a world championship.

Archived